It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox anchor suspended for calling Maddow an angry young man

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i dont know weather to advise people to " go to spec savers " or grow up - perhaps both ?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caroline13456
Hey TheAngryFarm,

You clearly have very deep-seated homophobic, misogynistic and tolerance issues. You really should deal with that. My condolences to you wife...s'cuze me "the wife".

How 'bout posting a picture of yourself. Bet you don't look like Brad Pitt. But I also bet nobody here would say you're an "ugly creature" either.

You may age like fine wine but I doubt anybody would want to taste it. It will have undoubtedly gone skunky.

I think the reason women with short hair make you so uncomfortable is because you would have nothing to hang on to with you left hand while you stumble along drooling blindly with that huge club in your right hand.

BTW there's another thread here now about 500,000 year old spears having been discovered. Better check your toolbox for missing stuff.

Caroline, you have just raised the composite intelligence quotient
of this thread approximately 33%! KUDOS and star with oak leaves.
What ever R.M.'s appearance or preferences, I care not. For her extensive
education, you probably get what you pay for with diligence and app-
lication. Fact is, I threw my TV out after Immelt fired Keith. "Why
bother?" I said. What I miss is the inherent lack of accuracy in the
MSM's offering of 'newz' as entertainment instead of information.
Now that the core issues are being redirected to totally irrelevant
components v. journalistic integrity, I know there shouldn't be any
tears over a heavier dumpster a year and a half ago. My TV has been
replaced by ATS... dumpster has come home to roost. Why bother?
Yes, I read the whole thread. And thanks everyone for justifying my
feelings about that aforementioned average IQ of the MSM at large
DROPPING 3.3% when Hitch died. I still indeed do come here for
the first breaks on important stories... and incredible laffs too.
Finally not to exclude myself from those possibly in need-- maybe
the most beneficial, gender nonspecific pair some of us around here
need to grow would be prefrontals. Gotta go check my water filters....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Not smart at all to make comments like that, especially when you are somewhat well known in the community. Fox, or whoever suspended her, thought the comments would reflect badly on them, so they took action.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caroline13456
Hey TheAngryFarm,

You clearly have very deep-seated homophobic, misogynistic and tolerance issues. You really should deal with that. My condolences to you wife...s'cuze me "the wife".

How 'bout posting a picture of yourself. Bet you don't look like Brad Pitt. But I also bet nobody here would say you're an "ugly creature" either.

You may age like fine wine but I doubt anybody would want to taste it. It will have undoubtedly gone skunky.

I think the reason women with short hair make you so uncomfortable is because you would have nothing to hang on to with you left hand while you stumble along drooling blindly with that huge club in your right hand.

BTW there's another thread here now about 500,000 year old spears having been discovered. Better check your toolbox for missing stuff.

I don't think responding to people like that with the same type of immature nonsense is going to help any.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm
reply to post by Cuervo

The comment was on her personal facebook, and she wasnt acting as a journalist when the comment was made.

You have never said someone is something while knowing full well they werent?

Ever called someone a jackass, bitch, or mf'er? Assuming you know the difference between humans and donkeys, humans and female dogs, etc etc you would be guilty of the same thing.
edit on 16-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

Doesn't really matter where the comment was. A lot of people pay attention to what she says, it reflects on those she works for.

The fact that other people do it does not make it right. Immaturity like that is to be expected from children, but when you are an adult it is just sad. The woman needs to grow up. Perhaps her vacation will help.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
My IQ has dropped 10 points reading this thread.
Threads like this should straight up be censored and removed,
for it makes ATSers look like intolerant, uneducated bigots.
This site wasn't always like this.
Nothing wrong with a little humor,
but there is nothing funny about being hateful.
The majority of the posters on this thread should be ashamed.
Go back to junior high school...
or better yet, graduate

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodDocGonzo
or better yet, graduate

Where is your tolerance of people with opinions different than yours?

Stating that Maddow looks like a man doesnt make one uneducated, nor does it make them a bigot. It means that in that commenters opinion, Rachel Maddow looks like a guy. Nothing uneducated or ignorant about that, but dont let facts get in the way of your cries to censor something you disagree with.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

Comedy Gold

Maybe if you're 13

I read your entire OP - how is this in Political Madness and not BTS?

Edit to add: How is this even political? I'm curious to know why you thought posting in this forum was appropriate?

Even if this was in BTS it should probably only be floating in the 5th or 6th ring...

Surely now that the election is over, some might feel that certain individuals are in need of some comeuppance?

Thank you - for your worthy contribution towards intelligent discussion

I think what we might need is a Petty Vengeance Forum
edit on 11/17/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Could it be that Fox is actually waking up to the fact that they are failing on all counts? The racists, homophobes and religious nut-cases are on the decline, and as that continues to happen the ridiculous BS these merchants spout becomes less and less relevant to society.

Bingo

And - as long as we're discussing something relevant now - this should be a real clue as to why FOX is not a genuine news service - it's nothing but a never ending commercial

It will turn on a dime just to feed it's own face

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm

Originally posted by GoodDocGonzo
or better yet, graduate

Where is your tolerance of people with opinions different than yours?

Stating that Maddow looks like a man doesnt make one uneducated, nor does it make them a bigot. It means that in that commenters opinion, Rachel Maddow looks like a guy. Nothing uneducated or ignorant about that, but dont let facts get in the way of your cries to censor something you disagree with.

In this commentors opinion, based on your posts, you appear to be 12 years old and are outstandingly immature. Most likely you have buck teeth, live in your mom's basement and have one friend - your pet hamster. Just my opinion though.

CJ

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Calling a women a man is a pretty ripping insult. You know, I have never mistaken Maddow for a man. In fact, she appears to be a pretty in shape person who takes care of her body; which is more than I can say for myself. The right-wing in America has been on a tear recently. They still cannot get over the fact they got smacked in the recent national elections.

I am not surprised at all by the behavior of the right-wing in America recently. The GOP made a huge mistake when they decided to make the extreme right-wing their base. It has brought out a lot of the uglier side of American society.

Every society must progress at some point or else it will not survive. It appears that American society is starting to naturally progress which drives the hard right crazy angry to no end.

Yeah, referring to a women who has worked hard to build her career a man will not help the right-wing out at all. It will only cause them to lose even more support.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Republicans love their hatred of gays dont they.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Referring to people as 12 year old and immature, is immature itself. Get an education? Iv'e already been down that road and its more of a brain washing to think the liberal way. Finally, disagreement with homosexuality does not make one afraid of homosexuals or have latent homosexual tendencies.

Don't like people getting a laugh of Maddow. Tough!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brian2384
Referring to people as 12 year old and immature, is immature itself. Get an education? Iv'e already been down that road and its more of a brain washing to think the liberal way. Finally, disagreement with homosexuality does not make one afraid of homosexuals or have latent homosexual tendencies.

Don't like people getting a laugh of Maddow. Tough!

Don't like people pointing out laughing at someone for the way they look is immature and plain old dumb? Tough!

Edit to add: That means I'm laughing at you.

CJ
edit on 17-11-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Laugh at me all you like. If I could not of handle it I would not have posted, and Maddow, by the way put herself in the spot light. I think she can take it as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brian2384

Laugh at me all you like. If I could not of handle it I would not have posted, and Maddow, by the way put herself in the spot light. I think she can take it as well.

Yes, she can. Does that make you feel better? You aren't a bully are you? Does it make you feel good to laugh at people's appearance?

CJ

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There is a whole lot of bullying going on in this thread.

I think ATS should suspend accounts of a few members on this topic, and maybe they will learn a lesson on how to be civil.
edit on 17-11-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

No, I'm not a bully but she chose her appearance and was mistaken for a young man. There is something called feminine. Perhaps you've heard of feminism? Bottom line is that you and others are far more bothered by that simple comment than I believe she is. And for the most part there is a difference among genders whether you like it or not.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join