It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's New Boss or Puppet? Xi Jinping

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Xi Jinping was born on 1 June 1953 in Beijing and is, by Chinese convention, a native of Fuping County, Shaanxi. His ancestral home is at Xiying in Dengzhou, Henan. As a result of his upbringing in the Beijing environ, Xi is the first paramount leader to speak clear Standard Chinese, without any strong provincial accent. He is the second son of Xi Zhongxun, one of the founders of the Communist guerrilla movement in Shanxi Province in northern China and former Vice-Premier. At the time his father served as the head of the Communist Party's propaganda department and later Vice-Chairman of the National People's Congress. When Xi was 10, his father was purged and sent to work in a factory in Luoyang. Xi was 15 when his father was jailed in 1968, during the Cultural Revolution. Without the protection of his father, Xi went to work in Yanchuan County, Yan'an, Shaanxi, in 1969 in Mao Zedong's Down to the Countryside Movement. He later became the Party branch secretary of the production team. When he left in 1975, he was only 22 years old. When asked about this experience later by state television, Xi recalled it saying, "It was emotional. It was a mood. And when the ideals of the Cultural Revolution could not be realised, it proved an illusion."

Xi is considered to be one of the most successful members of the Crown Prince Party, a quasi-clique of politicians who are descendants of early Chinese revolutionaries. Senior leaders consider Xi to be an emerging figure that is open to serious dialogue about deep-seated market economic reforms and even political reform, although Xi's personal political views are relatively murky.[clarification needed] He is generally popular with foreign dignitaries, who are intrigued by his openness and pragmatism. Former Prime Minister of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew, when asked about Xi, said he felt he was "a thoughtful man who has gone through many trials and tribulations." Lee also commented: "I would put him in the Nelson Mandela class of persons. A person with enormous emotional stability who does not allow his personal misfortunes or sufferings affect his judgment. In other words, he is impressive". Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson described Xi as "the kind of guy who knows how to get things over the goal line." Former Australian Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, commented on October 4th 2012: China's new president and party secretary general, Xi Jinping, (who) has sufficient reformist, party and military background to be very much his own man.

Xi was described in a 2011 The Washington Post article by those who know him as "pragmatic, serious, cautious, hard-working, down to earth and low-key." Xi was also described as a good hand at problem solving and "seemingly uninterested in the trappings of high office."[56] He is also known to love Hollywood films like Saving Private Ryan and The Departed.[citation needed] The Guardian noted that "perhaps more surprisingly" he also praised the independent film maker Jia Zhangke.

Source

So... on the one hand, he is from a family that has held power for a very long time and is considered to be part of China's elite.

On the other hand, a quick overview of the Wiki page about him denotes that he is drawn to Western ideals - in fact his own daughter was, as of 2010, enrolled ( under an alias ) as a freshman at Harvard.

And there's this, also from the Wiki - from a former Prime Minister of Singapore:

He is generally popular with foreign dignitaries, who are intrigued by his openness and pragmatism. Former Prime Minister of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew, when asked about Xi, said he felt he was "a thoughtful man who has gone through many trials and tribulations." Lee also commented: "I would put him in the Nelson Mandela class of persons. A person with enormous emotional stability who does not allow his personal misfortunes or sufferings affect his judgment. In other words, he is impressive"

I have long felt that the "game plan" - since possibly as early as the Nixon administration, has been to merge China and the US into a coalition with similar policies and governance. For this to happen China would need to become more free and open to capitalism and for the US to be come more controlled and totalitarian.

Anyone else think that the current world tends to support my hypothesis?

~Heff

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

This is my opinion, No, that is wishful thinking that has been used as propaganda when Capitalist pigs from the US were allowed into China due to cheap labor, inequality in China is as alive today as it was before US intervention in their politics.

China has a very well defined history is always been communist, has always been in envy of US economic control globally and they do not and never will like the US.

Just because many of our enemies or so call enemies children are allowed to get studies in the US is actually an advantage for this countries supremacy over their enemies.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I have long felt that the "game plan" - since possibly as early as the Nixon administration, has been to merge China and the US into a coalition with similar policies and governance. For this to happen China would need to become more free and open to capitalism and for the US to be come more controlled and totalitarian.

Anyone else think that the current world tends to support my hypothesis?

~Heff

Bingo

I was hoping somebody else would touch on that. It just seemed very odd that the US would knowingly let so much business and commerce go one way knowing full well that it would have such a drastic effect on the US. It became blatantly obvious when Slick Willie turned a blind eye when China was caught red handed stealing sensitive Missile tech secrets then within a few short years their floundering manned space program made great strides in leaps and bounds.

Now we find our two economies and interests are so intertwined that if somebody in DC farts they smell it in Beijing. The US invades Iraq, China is awarded a contract to develop one of Iraq's largest untapped fields. The US invades Afghanistan, China signs agreements and long term contracts to develop Afghan's estimated 3 Trillion dollars worth of rare Earths and other natural resources etc etc etc.

It seems they are trying to meet in the middle. China becomes a little bit more liberal and open and the US becomes a little bit more draconian.
edit on 15-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Capitalist pigs?

And talking about communism?

Communists are the ones who go around saying capitalist pigs

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree with that, a US-China coalition would be the obvious alliance to guarantee the fulfillment of an elite agenda. It would only work if they are on the same page, and there are obvious differences in the way the two nations govern. I guess they could put those differences aside, though, if they agree on an overall vision for humanity and Earth.

There is a common sentiment that the elite of the world are manipulating humanity in a malevolent way. I tend to disagree with this. I think the prevailing attitude among the worlds puppeteers is that they are doing humanity a favor. They believe themselves to be the smartest, and think humanity would stagnate without their direction. In the process of trying to create some semblance of peaceful existence and good life for the world, they take a Machiavellian approach and are willing to abuse in the short term in order to achieve a goal of a near perfect global society long term.

Classic question of morality. Is it okay to abuse/manipulate a few billion, many of which would struggle anyway, to create a good life for many more billions in the future?

Maybe the elite of the world (led by America and China?) had decided a while ago the answer here is yes.
edit on 11/15/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: left a word out

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He, he, to me capitalistic pig are all those greedy snakes that take advantage of any countries population due to the inequality.

The pigs get to reap all the benefits while the workers become slaves.

But as you can see China have no problem with that.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

edit on 15-11-2012 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for making this Thread Slayer! I was not aware of this, as many of you know, I do not watch that much TV, and I do not get my news from the MSM. Unless I want the weather report.
Otherwise I get my news from ATS, and other web related places.

So when all this boils down, what does this mean ?

I will do some deeper research on this, and follow this story.
I just wanted to stop by here real quick in show of my support to this thread. Star-N-Flag!
I will be keeping an eye on this here!
Thanks Slayer69!

Sounds familiar eh?

Yeah it does.. And if they keep trying to keep people from information this very well could backfire on them.
I mean it looks as if things are already back firing on them. Which the large gap between the poor and rich there as you said is a much wider gap.

This really is something we should all keep a close eye on, and see how this plays out in the next few months.
As well as it heating up into some kind of war based talked.
But do you think its mostly hot air.. And or propaganda from some outside sources/forces?
Or from within?
edit on 15-11-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

nowadays only Israel can think of wars and .... because it is milking money from powers !
wars are against improvement. so no legitimate country will go after a war unless it has a really good reason.
because of nowadays world's situations, China has to go after a more free political system. at least this is what they have declared.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

I appreciate the perspective on China.

Now, why drag Israel into this discussion?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

one of the big things that helped push china to communism was when the u.s dropped its support for the nationalists... pretty much paving the way for mao and the communists to take control of china.... they did the same to castro and he went communist as well... funny how its overlooked that it was bad decisions by the u.s that led several countries to go communist..

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Reds VS White.

The US supported Chinese forces against Japan. When it was over the US supported Chiang Kai-shek which lead to the whole Taiwan situation we have today. The National forces were already Communists. Also, Fidel was never supported by the US but rather Fidel had first came to the US for support against the corrupt Batista Government.

Which the US ignorantly ignored him, Camilo Cienfuegos, Che Guevara, Raúl Castro.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Is no only countries like China but look what has been going on since US intervention in the middle east, it looks and history will collaborate that when US do their things is never for the best interest of the countries involved and that includes the most affected, the populations of such countries.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Nationalism is on the rise in China, there can be no doubt. And there are louder voices calling for a move away from the more export-oriented policies of the last few decades.

As always, its important to remember that China, like most countries, is a big tug-of-war between groups with different visions of how the future should be. They do not march in lockstep, although it can seem that way from outside.

He's made a few interesting comments that could give us more clues into his character. As Slayer noted in the first post, its important not go overboard and read too much into nationalistc rhetoric. Yet the quotes below are indicative of the tensions that the country is feeling.

Source: Asean Business Forum

...On his second overseas trip as Vice-President, he was caught on camera, in an unscripted moment with Chinese expatriates, slamming China's critics.

"Some foreigners with full bellies and nothing better to do engage in finger-pointing at us," he said in Mexico in February 2009. "First, China does not export revolution; second, it does not export famine and poverty; and third, it does not mess around with you. So what else is there to say?"

Later that year, Tokyo was reportedly miffed when he insisted on seeing the Emperor on short notice. He got his way.

It got worse. A year later, when Beijing marked the 60th anniversary of China's entry into the Korean War, he called it "a great and just war for safeguarding peace and resisting aggression".North Korea had invaded South Korea but his comments turned it around, angering Seoul.

edit on 11/15/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The Worlds Biggest Sock Puppet! LOL! It BOGGLES THE MIND...how China can still refer to itself as Communist as although it is as far as if you are the average Chinese Person looking to buy some land...but if you are a Smart Capitalist who went to College in the U.S. and received your MBA...and have a Business Plan that will put MEGABUCKS into the Pockets of you Communist Overlords....THEN HEY....YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!
LOL!

This Guy Looks as if he has a Hand inside him! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Now that was one heck of a thread! Bravo, Slayer! You covered so many angles about who this guy may be, and his role at the top the Chinese leadership. To be perfectly honest, I was familiar with the on-going leadership change in China, but had no idea who this guy was? It is to early to make any judgements on the man, because he has just assumed office. In other words, we are all just shooting in the dark. Although, I would not be surprised if the academics at the think tanks, intelligence agencies, economists, and politicians are shooting in the dark as well. Any change to the leadership in a country like China is bound to turn heads.

My guess is that he is just a mere figurehead to whatever agenda the CCP elite has in store for the future. The mystery is what his handlers have in store for China and the rest of the world? They are fairly tight lipped about that. The guy will follow orders as his predecessors have done in the past. Although, there are some major issues confronting China, and most notably the disparity to between the classes. Many have pointed that out. All it will take is a blip on the radar to the current economic situation, and it could send China into a tailspin. We are talking about a billion people blowing their top! That is not something I would want to look forward too. Then we have to look at China's thirst for resources, and how they are going to acquire those things to keep the status quo as it is now. Any misfortune, whether it be shortages of food, resources, or any day to day necessity could plunge China into chaos. Personally, I think this guy is sitting on a volcano.

I do not think things are as rosy as people are saying about China, and the economy is just as vulnerable as the others. It is just that we are only seeing the China the CCP wants us to see, and not the hardcore facts. We have got to remember deep down China is still that guy wearing the gray suit and gray hat of old, but presents themselves to the world in a Brooks Brother's suit and speaks the Queen's English. They remain a totalitarian regime. That is how I have always seen China. Lets see what happens . . .

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If you look at the world from a long term perspective and focus on population density versus energy you will get a hint as to what's in store.

About two thirds of the people on the planet are in India and China.

China needs oil to grow and continue it's development.

Where will that oil come from?

What's between China and the oil in the middle east?

Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan. No coincidence that we are in Iraq and Afghanistan. No coincidence that Iran is so belligerent. They are the last link in the chain.

Can you say pipeline? Military supply route between China and the middle east?

This has been the plan for a long time. It's just not finished yet.

The US is talking seriously about "energy independence" for the first time ever. Why? Why would they go through all of the warfare over the last 20 years just to go home? They were using the oil and are now securing it for china.

What happens to US interests in the middle east? They become the interests of the biggest lender of money to the US.

After all of that hell in Iraq we aren't developing the fields near as much as the Chinese.

The US will get some of the jobs that are overseas back to the continental US. They will begin buying American again. The tax base must have manufacturing jobs or it will fail. It will not go fast but it will change.

The Chinese will be making changes as well. They will begin to consume more of the manufactured products that they produce. They will be in a personal growth phase similar to the US after WW2. It will not be as fast but it will shift. They will develop more diverse consumers worldwide as the US dollar declines (as it must due to printing trillions) and as it probably will as more countries buy oil in currencies other than the dollar.

The US and China will continue to cooperate for their combined self interests in the long run.

In the short run...
Xi Jinping,
He's there because the communist leadership wants him there.

edit on 15-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
We'll become acquainted with Mr Xi soon enough.What struck me was the article stating that a nation the size of China is basically run by 7 people with Xi at the top.That's alot of power for so few.Just a observation I'm not sure I'm comfortable with.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I can not help but like a man who has spent 96 hours playing Skyrim, he can't be a bad person.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Bingo I was hoping somebody else would touch on that. It just seemed very odd that the US would knowingly let so much business and commerce go one way knowing full well that it would have such a drastic effect on the US. It became blatantly obvious when Slick Willie turned a blind eye when China was caught red handed stealing sensitive Missile tech secrets then within a few short years their floundering manned space program made great strides in leaps and bounds.

Great thread subject my friend, I enjoy reading many that you have started here.

Yeah, Folks forget about what happened under Slick willie, Al Gore and even the North Korean blunder under Madeline not so bright, but nevertheless those of us who have followed the history of our politicians selling out to Red China, have not forgotten about how they sold us all out back in the 90's for nothing more than greedy political contributions.

Anyone who looks back and studies the facts and truly cares about The USA, will get sick once they understand what happened and how it effects us here today in the United States. So much has been swept under the rug since then, including Red China spies that were allowed to walk away, and one particular Chinese individual who lived in the same exact California Bay Area town as I did back then. I remember it all.

It's funny because I have followed the rise of Red China for many, many years. Since, well, back in those days that you mentioned Slayer, the early 90's. Back then I purchased a book by Bill Gertz called 'The coming Conflict With China'. This was back in the early 90's when I was in my 20's and just waking up to all the lies of our world, and I decided last summer to dig it out and just see if those predictions have come true. Well, it's scary how true they have become, and it's even worse economically.

You probably are aware of these books my friend, but I am speaking for those who are not. Bill Gertz also followed up with 'Betrayal: How the Clinton Administration Undermined American Security', just to touch on your point earlier about Clinton.

Now we find our two economies and interests are so intertwined that if somebody in DC farts they smell it in Beijing. The US invades Iraq, China is awarded a contract to develop one of Iraq's largest untapped fields. The US invades Afghanistan, China signs agreements and long term contracts to develop Afghan's estimated 3 Trillion dollars worth of rare Earths and other natural resources etc etc etc.

Glad you brought up Afganistan more than any other Slayer because Red China was rewarded with the largest mineral rights there of any other Nation, including America. What is unbelievable is that it is American geologists and Western companies in general, that are the ones who are locating those vast mineral deposits.

All the enemies within the USA are doing is allowing the Chinese, as well as Russia on a much smaller scale, to exploite and profit off of our weakness in Afghanistan.

With that being said, there are reasons why our international puppet masters are allowing China to capitalize off of us like this. I will touch more on that in my next post.

It seems they are trying to meet in the middle. China becomes a little bit more liberal and open and the US becomes a little bit more draconian.

Indeed my friend. It's all orchestrated in order to keep the robots of both $heople Nations herded together, yet squabbling with one another over class warfare and political views. ~$heopleNation
edit on 15-11-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join