It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notice to Republicans....Forget religion!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Attention Republicans!

You need to get "god" out of your party platform. Do not use fictional books such as the bible as a reference guide. It steers voters like me away from your party. I am about as fiscally conservative as one can get, but I am also a Constitutionalist. For a party that allegedly wants small government and more freedom, you use "god" as a justification to restrict the liberties of others. For example:

There is no Constitutional authorization for government to dictate who someone may marry, yet you claim "god" is against homos. Personally, I am not a big fan of gays, but I support the rights of gays to marry their significant other for one simple reason: Government has no power to say what 2 consenting adults may or may not do in terms of their relationship.

You let the bible influence your party platform in regards to abortion, gambling, and countless other topics.

Religion has no place in public policy, and goes against the ideals that this country was founded upon. As the saying goes....

Religion is like a weiner. It's fine to whip it out at home, but keep it to yourself in public. Hell, share it with your friends at home, but keep it tucked away when it comes to public debate.

It's common knowledge that religious people share many of the traits that diagnosed schizophrenics possess. Do you really want your party compared to mentally ill nutjobs?

Want proof that religion is costing you elections? 2 words: Todd Akin.

It's much easier for voters like me to stay home and not vote at all when the options presented to me are economically illiterate leftists parasites and religious nutjobs. Why would I ever vote for a party that bases it platform on a book of fiction and fairy tales?

Religion is about 2 things and 2 things only: Money and Control. It reels in countless suckers, mental deficients, and morons. Is that who you want representing your party?

In summation, the outlook for the republican party isn't looking all that great. The number of people who reject the entire notion of religion is growing, it's time to start looking a little more attractive to that large voting bloc.

It's a pretty simple concept: Ditch god and embrace The Angry Farm.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

Great post.

If the GOP does not take this advice, I don't think they have much time before they completely disintegrate. Times have changed, and people, even many religious ones, do not believe that government has the right to oppress specific groups of people, especially based on religion.

Not to mention, they struggle to even run a truly fiscally conservative candidate which might cause those of us who are more concerned with the economy than social issues to overlook the problem their religious stance presents.

I once considered myself a republican but have found my home in the libertarian party. I'm hoping the principles of fiscal conservation and social acceptance will take over the GOP.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
And to add to that, why shouldn't gay people be allowed to marry, why should only us straight people be as miserable as f**k.

But yes, i'm glad that here in the UK, religion is not such a big part of UK politics anymore, there are those that are still trying to force it but to be honest, it's pretty much had it's day now.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
And to add to that, why shouldn't gay people be allowed to marry, why should only us straight people be as miserable as f**k.

But yes, i'm glad that here in the UK, religion is not such a big part of UK politics anymore, there are those that are still trying to force it but to be honest, it's pretty much had it's day now.

Exactly. Gay people should be allowed to suffer through the hell that marriage is just like everyone else.

Who are the republicans to deprive them of their suffering?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The Republican National Convention chose "WE Built This" as it's theme. That is a harken to the King of Babylon, not Jesus. But as you have no discernment, you do not understand my meaning - a man of real Christian faith would never have declared that - he'd have stood up their calling for repentance.

Perhaps you'll understand excerpts from Clint Eastwood's speech??

I know what you are thinking 
...all left wingers out there, left of Lenin. 
...conservatives play closer to the vest 
....but they are there, believe me, they are there 
....These people are all like-minded....
....we own this country....
.....It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it.
.... Politicians are employees of ours.

Still don't get it?

"The best revolutionary is a youth devoid of morals" - Lenin

See the petitions to secede? Sense the meme of revolution in the air and in Satan's pulpit - the media? Dude, they have the YOUTH DEVOID OF MORALS already, and they will revolt and rebel because they have no understanding that they've been indoctrinated to do such a thing. Why? Because they reject the only One who can heal their blindness to SEE and their deafness to HEAR to give them understanding.

Rebelling against this government, placed there by your Creator for either your blessing or chastisement, will be rebelling against God Himself.

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. John 3:18

Did ANY of the Republicans tell you this truth? No. Did ANY preach the Word of God to you? No. Did ANY call this nation to repentance in order to SAVE YOU? No. As Clint Eastwood said on behalf of his handlers....

....devil’s advocating this.....

They want you to rebel. They are waiting for you to be that revolutionary. They are igniting the sparks that will ignite. Revolutions are started by provocateurs, infiltraters in both sides of an argument. The only way this was ever achieved and believed was because they removed obedient Christian Faith in our nations. We are nations of sinners blaspheming the Almighty and cannot discern the times in which we live.

Fear the Lord.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
For those who doubt my claims that religious people share many of the traits that schizophrenics have, please read the post above by WhoKnows100 and tell me I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I fear no man, I will certainly not fear some fake entity who some bible thumpers tell me exists.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm]

Exactly. Gay people should be allowed to suffer through the hell that marriage is just like everyone else.

Who are the republicans to deprive them of their suffering?

Too funny! I do believe that marriage should be a bond between two individuals, and not controlled at all in any way shape or form from the Government.

That's just me, but, religion is always a part of everything, isn't it?

To interfere with people who are married, is a no, no, because it only goes to prove, there is no separation between church and state.

That was the first obvious clue to people that they are controlled.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I believe we are created, either by a supreme being or by an advanced species. I have no idea how it/they accomplished this. But I think the idea of the Christian God is incorrect... and that religion is used to keep us from truly trying to figure out where we came from and what our purpose really is.

To quote the song "Papillion" by The Editors.... "If there really was a god here, he'd have raised a hand by now."

Constantly quoting the Bible is practically giving up when engaging in a debate. You want to debate, you have to find the common ground and command it.

Also, political parties should not align themselves with or against religion. They should be seperate. Who is anyone to legislate morality to another???

edit on 15-11-2012 by Dreine because: Grammar/spelling failboat

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Calm down, relax. After John Kerry's defeat in the 04 election Democrats were calling for a move to the center, that the far left message was no longer "resonating with the voters", and look what happened in 08. Obama is so left he makes Kerry look like a moderate.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Love the weiner comparison!

That's exactly how I fee too.
Keep Jesus in your heart and live each day. Do not impose your beliefs on others like a Jehova witness and do not govern by the Bible.

We all know what is morally and ethically correct. Well, some of us do. We do not need to be treated like children and have our laws reflect the beliefs of some. Our laws should make sense first, not just corroborate what the Bible says.

It is 2012. The Roman empire is long gone and The New Testament belongs where it is read. At home or in church.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Just to keep in mind, some people base their values, morals, principles on religious tenents.

Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Just to keep in mind, some people base their values, morals, principles on religious tenents.

Just sayin'

That's fine.
We're just saying that we don;t need to govern according to them. Thomas Jefferson understood this. Millions of Americans today do not.

Just out of curiosity Beezer,
What current legislation is rational and effective and also reflects biblical teachings which we could not have passed or figured out in a secular manner?

(New Avatar is hilarious BTW Looks like ObaMacGuyver)
edit on 15-11-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Just sayin'

That's fine.
We're just saying that we don;t need to govern according to them. Thomas Jefferson understood this. Millions of Americans today do not.

I'mnot sure how you can separate the difference.

Just out of curiosity Beezer,
What current legislation is rational and effective and also reflects biblical teachings which we could not have passed or figured out in a secular manner?

*cricket*
*cricket*
*cricket*

(New Avatar is hilarious BTW Looks like ObaMacGuyver)

My shame knows no bounds.

edit on 15-11-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Crickets say that religion in government is unnecessary.
If it does nothing constructive and cannot bring anything to the table, then all it does is create a divide and adds an extremist element to the republican party which is why Romney/Ryan scared millions of people.

The thread says "forget religion", and I think the Republican party would do well to accept that.
No one is saying become an atheist or reject Christian teachings. Just turn down the volume on the transvaginal ultrasound and the Homo therapy. Those things are frighteningly medieval.
Perhaps the Obama phone was not the reason for the election result?
Just sayin

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Just sayin'

You're missing his point. He's postulating that we should has no representative voice in government. That our priorities don't matter.
edit on 15-11-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"Allowing" gay marriage, or any kind of marriage, shouldn't be the government's job at all. Marriage should have nothing to do with government and the proper party platform would be to get government out of marriage all together.

You can set up some kind of social contract between people to cover the alleged benefits married people get (our "benefit" is a higher tax rate) and then leave marriage to churches, mosques, temples, pagan cults, drive-thru Elvis, or whatever else meets their fancy.

new topics

top topics

join