It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captain Scarlet is real, he's in Gaza.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Rubic0n's post (or something like it) is the reason I didn't come into the thread before. Any topic that discusses the Middle-East in any way comes down to passionate criticism of the monsters of Israel. You'll notice that the topic has nothing to do with Israel, yet it pops up anyway.

One question I have is, did the news crew realize the man was a fake, but shot the footage anyway? Were they under instructions to get film showing injuries and the home office didn't want anything else? Was it all just telling a story about Gaza suffering, which was not intended to be necessarily true?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

This is exactly the sort of fakery I was just telling someone about in another thread! Different case, same sort of nonsense. Fake "wounded" coming back onto the scene. I guess they thought a jacket would make people not notice, and gee, the talking heads seem to have missed it! Nice find.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My comments for other duplicate thread:

Put it this way, I typically expect MSM to put together a story that attracts the viewer, but the story is still there, regardless in the form it is presented, with some exceptions of course. I wont deny some news outlets have been caught fabricating news.

You never know, this video could have been spliced from hours of footage and that person is actually risking all to help others regardless of his past injuries. Shock can have traumatic short lasting effects...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sorry, I searched "BBC" and didn't find any topics so thought I was the first who found this out.

As I said in my topic, BBC is the equivalent of CNN when it comes to foreign "news". I can't think of any reason for them setting this up other than for their own convenience or from needing to be "on the scene" of something supposedly unfolding to get their ratings.

Shock? Maybe, but not likely.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
I wonder what would happen if someone emailed the BBC and mention the video

Nothing will happen, they'll ignore you, because it's too uncomfortable to respond to. They simply ignore all the real complaints unless it's brought to mass public attention through the printed press and they are openly called out on something. Then, and only then, will they be forced to make some BS statement to cover their own butts.

Exactly the same thing that's happened throughout its history, from obvious government manipulation of stories to the news conference about David Kelly that they miraculously made disappear to the complains about abuse in the BBC going back decades.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Comparison above, not that anyone needs it as it's obviously the same actor but just in case

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I can't say the slant this video is told on is 100% true but ...

Part of it is the media trying to get the best and most dramatic shots. Part of it is an agenda. I also firmly believe part of it is ... is cheaper and safter for a British or American news crew to give a group of persons $200 and tell them to come back with footage than actually go try to find something themselves which could take hours and be dangerous.

Reminds me of the situation in Iraq. The staging after 2000 and the green/blue screen nonsense in the 90s (BBC reporters used to pretend to be in foriegn countries whilst standing in a chroma key studio). I just wonder how much of it is irresponsible journalists and how much of it is agenda setting on both sides.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ever been blasted by a shockwave? No? Didn't think so. It's not like they are carrying away a guy whose guts are hanging out.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It is the same guy, of that there is no doubt. The channel is currently BBC news, a rolling programme all 24 hours, when it first came into play it was known as BBC news 24, the 24 was dropped recently and now it is just BBC news, and as someone pointed out they now use disclaimers for external news sources, and it is obvious that they don't have enough of their own home grown reporters on the ground any more, an essential. More to the point, it is pretty clear that the BBC, which is a big enterprise, and especially in TV has become factionalised in some areas, possibly from above, I don't want to go there.

Maybe the 'ol steam radio is better.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
I chose a bad title, no one remembers who Captain Scarlet is! And no one from the US knows either

I know who Captain Scarlet is.

I also know who the Tracy family, Commander Edward Straker and Commander John Koenig are.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The BBC recently broadcast a news report showing a man being carried off by four others, seemingly the victim of an Israeli missile strike, only for him to reappear in the same clip a few seconds later wandering around completely unharmed.

Good job spotting this staged injury!

It looks like this is not nearly the only occurrence of fakery, according to the rest of the article.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join