It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher Dimensions are Perceptual.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by smithjustinb

How many dimensions exist in the universe? We live in three.

Scientists say there's 10. There's a video on youtube that shows how it works.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Do you think there is something 'outside'?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Outside and inside are both subjective. There is only unity

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Outside and inside are both subjective. There is only unity

There is just this. No in or out.
'Unity' is this moment of presence.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Do you prefer light or darkness?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I have never seen darkness.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Then you havent seen it all

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Then you havent seen it all

I see with the eyes not with the imagination.
Darkness cannot be seen anymore than silence can be heard.

When seeing is occuring (happening) there is always light.

The light of consciousness is always present where i am.
'I am' is the light of consciousness.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
watch....

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Harles1990

imagine if stick figures drawn on paper were real and had experiences. They they would on be aware of two physical planes ....the flat paper. They wouldnt see us looking down on them cause they cant comprehend anything other than whats on the sheet of paper. Well where we are observing them is the third dimension. Their world is made of x and y directions on the paper and therefore they live in a two dimensional world.

But all this is only imagination, right? There is no such thing as 2 dimensional world with 2 dimensional beings. In fact I can't imagine a 2 dimensional object; even a line drawn on paper must have a third dimension, otherwise it won't exists, at least not for us. That stick figure on paper it surely has a third dimension. Is anyone aware of any 2 dimensional object, at all?

I don't know how people came up with all this multidimensional thing, but for me it makes no sense. We can observe only 2 dimensions within our 3 dimensional world, if we choose so, but not a 2 dimensional world in itself. There is no "lower" dimension world than ours, at least not that we are aware of. So why would there be a 4 dimensional world, or higher?

To give an example, a dog perceive much more smells than a human. It doesn't mean that it lives in a higher dimensional world of smells. A bee or an ant can perceive details at a much smaller scale than a human, again, not because they are in a different dimension. The fact that there might be some things we don't perceive it doesn't mean it is because they exist in a higher or lower dimension. We just don't have the proper organ or ability.

I would love for someone to explain this to me in a logical manner, so I can get it too. Because so far it seems to me that there is no such thing as higher or lower dimensional worlds, or universe, and if there is, we are in no way able to perceive it.

edit on 15-11-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
All this mysterious guessing when you can go ahead and order some Salvia Divinorum and experience it for real. No guess work you will be in the 45678th dimension face to face with entities. NO bs. If you really want to see aliens and the sort the '___' will rock your little existence....it did me,

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Harles1990

I don't really understand how the whole dimension thing works... is some one able to explain?

Ah - if I may? The entirety of the reality we are able to physically observe is a result of atomic vibration tuned to the correct range of frequency where we are able to detect it. Dimension are other planes of existence where the vibration of matter is beyond our ability to perceive. And like water molecules flowing around one another, so the vibrational frequencies are able to slip through one another like several combs intertwining their teeth. You could say that we are at one of the lower vibrational planes, which is why everything is so solid, and anything less than solid is invisible to our senses.

And because we are from such a low vibrational plane, anything that resembles a higher vibration (fire, lightning, etc) harms us because our physical makeup is designed for a low frequency. My personal explanation for ghosts is that they are higher dimensional beings that slip through into our reality. The cold air is their essence feeding from the energy in our plane in order to maintain their intense vibration. This would also explain their transparency and immaterial nature.

One could also speculate that this allows them influence over the vibrational patterns that control our thoughts and bodies.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There are many dimensions to space, we are more closer to the truth than many think.

If you look for the answers you can find the word of truth.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Wow. If that's all the 4rth Dimension really is, then I've been living here for a wow now. I want to get upgraded to an even HIGHER one.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

A shift in perspective, results in a shift in thought. A shift in thought, results in a shift in biology. A shift in biology results in a shift in vibration. A shift in vibration results in a shift in reality.

In this way, a shift in perspective results in a shift in reality. The trick is to find the perspective needed. Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
"How many do YOU think exist?"): "9"

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Both are subjective
edit on 17-11-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

What is the true source light or darkness?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

It's all perception. The 3 d world that u see can be seen as 2d as soon as you lose your depth perception. You've probably seen a 2d world and not realized it. Close one eye. That's 2d.

Dimensions are defined by YOUR perception.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The individual's mind

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join