It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scripture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. (Romans 8:5-7 NIV)

No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light. (Luke 8:16 NIV)

So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are co-workers in God's service; you are God's field, God's building. (1 Corinthians 3:7-9 NIV)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

I agree with the truth of those words, and am glad that they are available to us.

May I speak frankly? On ATS, we look for a little more from an Opening Post. There isn't one word from your mouth. Could you apply those verses to our daily life, something in the world, something you saw on ATS? Think of a sermon. It uses verses to make clear a point or a lesson; and the point, or lesson seems to be missing here.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ah, a Scripture Kiddy!

I've seen them for years, even before the Internet. The issue is to communicate solely through scripture. Nothing else. I even received a letter of my own like this once. I had written a letter to the editor about the Scopes Monkey Trial, where Scopes was accused of teaching evolution in the public schools. Because of my pro-evolutionary stance, I'm sure, I received a letter with a dozen or so "Scripture quotes"--nothing else. No signature, no return address. Just the old Bible quotes.

Scripture Kiddies immerse themselves in the Bible well enough to quote it, figuring if they do so, somehow the rest of us will be suddenly enlightened, or by pondering the words, will be led to salvation.

This doesn't really work--never has, but Scripture Kiddies don't seem to understand that.

Since all that is here are quotes from elsewhere you

really should set them off like this.

cite your source maybe like this

and say a few words of your own just to prove to us that you are conscious. Sorry, but them's the rules!

edit on 11/14/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Well enough said . Gods words are good enough .When ever you add to the word you change it many times . The 144,000 are chosen for their lack of experience at life to spread the the Lords Gospel during the tribulation out with out mixture .

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Prophesy unto a fallen people my brother.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Good advice for anyone striving to be a spiritual Master. Want to bring God's love to all people? Be that love, and let anyone come and partake of it as they need. Make no favorites of anyone. Love all individuals on earth equally. By the mind, it is impossible. By the spirit, it is.
By the law of attraction, I deem myself to be a great spiritual teacher. To become something is to do it. Above is my first attempt.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Peace to you, I disagree with your advice. If you wish to be a spiritual master then how will you esteem others the same as yourself. One only is the Master, and He does not speak in riddles, rhymes, or extravagance. Try humbling yourself first, and remember that we are all prisoners in the flesh.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the peace, and I'm sorry for the arrogance. I have a tendency to talk out of my backside a lot.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Ah, my apologies. I was in a bit of a hurry when I wrote this post. I meant to include more with it, but as I said, I was rushed. I just wanted to share the message before I forgot it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Wow. Do you even realize what you said?

*"Ah, my apologies. (there you go apologizing)"

"I was in a bit of a hurry (not important enough to take some time with this)when I wrote this post."PS- Its not a POST but a THREAD!

"I meant to include more with it, (but you didnt, so youve dampened its effect that you may have been seeking)"

"I was rushed (you were RUSHED? So then how much importatnce do you want us to place on this?"

"I just wanted to share the message before I forgot it.)". Its SO important that you might FORGET IT?"

Next time please?
#1. Dont hurry if you want to be taken seriously.
#2. Dont apologize if you want to be taken seriously.
#3. Dont stress and leave things out you couldve added to be taken seriously.
#4. Dont tell us it was so important that you couldve FORGOT it if you waited.

I'm sure by the tone of your THREAD...you didnt think of any of this was important, and needed more additions...to be taken seriously.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Who are you to criticize and judge? These quotes are inspiring, and I do not mind reading a post with them only. It seems you are more concerned with the man than his thread. If you listened with the spirit you would understand this man has a righteous spirit and by your post you have a scrupulous one.

Peace to you, have mercy and tolerance please.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I apologized for not following the rules, because I should've known better.

I meant to include more scripture with this, to explain why it was only scripture and also add more context.

When I sat down to write this "thread," I thought I had more time than I did, but I had to abandon it before it was completely fleshed out. The jist of it is there, and I am satisfied with it, but there was more to be said than what I shared.

And when I say I could forget, what I mean is that the Spirit is unpredictable. Things that I am given to do may not be available to me at later points in time. I am not one for wasting my time and I am certainly not going to disobey the Spirit.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Youre mistaken and placing your judgements on me. Like every reader, I take every word printed and make the assumption and acertations needed to understand and comprehend the OP's in every case.

This thread was obvious, and of course, I understood it. It was with equal ascertation that I took its tone, importance, phrase-ology and implications to heart to understand it.

It was stated by the OP that it was admitedly hurried and apologized for etc, etc. Their words, not mine. And I stand by their explanation to me below yours, that they agreed.

Who are you to judge us both?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Friend, thank you. I did feel that your heart was true, and your thoughts important to us all.
Being hurried can be a detriment to your posts.

A helpful hint? I know about being moved by the spirit sometimes is a spontaneous thing..but a trick we've learned when hurried...is to compose your thoughts off-forum to a simple WORD or TEXT program (everyone has at least some kind)..and compose your thoughts there, saving them to be continued when one is not so-hurried.

Or/and get a small flashdrive as well and compose and carry it with you. (for a 4 gig is around $9 US).When you are through, simply copy-cut-place them into ATS. It saves you from composing right into the ATS box and either not finishing in time, or getting thrown off and having to start over.

Good luck and God Bless....MS

PS Your thoughts and impressions are important here, and I like others, await more from you!
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice. That is really helpful.

Bless you, sir.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Wow. Do you even realize what you said?

*"Ah, my apologies. (there you go apologizing)"

"I was in a bit of a hurry (not important enough to take some time with this)when I wrote this post."PS- Its not a POST but a THREAD!

"I meant to include more with it, (but you didnt, so youve dampened its effect that you may have been seeking)"

"I was rushed (you were RUSHED? So then how much importatnce do you want us to place on this?"

"I just wanted to share the message before I forgot it.)". Its SO important that you might FORGET IT?"

Next time please?
#1. Dont hurry if you want to be taken seriously.
#2. Dont apologize if you want to be taken seriously.
#3. Dont stress and leave things out you couldve added to be taken seriously.
#4. Dont tell us it was so important that you couldve FORGOT it if you waited.

I'm sure by the tone of your THREAD...you didnt think of any of this was important, and needed more additions...to be taken seriously.

Whenever someone just copies and pastes religious texts (or anything for that matter) one has to ask, Does this person have a mind of his own?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Indeed, sir, I have a mind. I am quite capable of thinking for myself. If you should have any doubt of this, feel free to ask me yourself. You'll not offend me, I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Here's one piece I wanted to share but didn't have time to find.

And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned? Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. (John 7:15-18 KJV)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

No need for thanks...someone once explained that to me, as I explained to you.Thanks arent necessary, as we all are the same....

Its the way it should be, and all positive karma comes back to you.

Now, wherever you can..pay it forward and help someone else.

Blessings and good luck!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by jiggerj

Indeed, sir, I have a mind. I am quite capable of thinking for myself. If you should have any doubt of this, feel free to ask me yourself. You'll not offend me, I'm sure.

Shouldn't have to ask, SOE. Copying and pasting biblical passages with little or no original thought added is a waste of time, where the original thought should be 99.9999% of a post. If people want to read the bible, they'll open the book. It would be the same if someone spent all day copying and pasting news articles here, when we can just go to the news website. The ability to C&P does not imply intelligence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join