It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Farewell Speech :: 11.14.12 :: 48Mins VIDEO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Farewell Speech On CSPAM

The Doctor won't be forgotten (unless he chooses to be)!!!

Please, Stay active and in the public eye...

Cheers Honorable Doctor Paul !!!

Thank goodness. Now, instead of hearing his politics, we can hear him advocate secession. What a great leader.

He doesn't have POLITICS.

It's called a [color=gold]constitution.

· Learn it.
· Live it.

Become [color=gold]awesome in deed not just in a caption.

edit on 11·14·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

No politics? So he ISN'T a CAREER politician? hmmmm

But I digress.

Yeah, he was a career politician - one with integrity and honour. A very rare thing in your god-forsaken country. You pseudo-intellectual patriotic fools are on your last legs. Embrace your "freedom" and "prosperity" before their definitions change in the dictionary.

Welcome to Fascist America. The biggest Police State catastrophe since Babylon. Farewell Paul. You tried to save the world, and you failed... but it was a good effort, and someone had to try. It's not your fault America has been conditioned to self-interest with their emotions locked away. Brainwashed into believing and worshiping these warmongering profit vampires who care not for human beings... how many politicians have kept a consistent view on their goals from Day One? Zero? Is Ron Paul the only man in modern American politics who stuck to his guns and didn't sway his values in order to scam votes? Is he the only one who isn't lying out of every stinking orifice in his body?

Meh, screw it. What difference does it make? The U.S.A. is a tragic mess. They are so blinded by the glory and prestige of their early days that they can't see how utterly f#cked they are today.

A nation of Sheep...
Run by Wolves...
Owned by Pigs.

Yeehaw!! God bless Amerika! Pfft

...Good luck to all Americans who deserve it. Very hard times are coming for your people, and I wish it didn't have to be that way... but apparently, it does.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Dr. Paul accomplished many things. He was a dissenting voice among madness. He woke up myself and many others and allowed us to see that the "opposing parties" were really 2 sides of the same coin. He is a man of peace and liberty his message has instilled a sense of hope in myself and hopefully some future leaders of this country. To diminish this great man's political career by stating he never got anything done is to completely underscore his message of peace and ignore his dissenting opinion.

Id like to direct you to Plessy v. Ferguson (1896) the sole dissenting opinion which spoke out against segregation and laid the ground work for it's end in the future. (1954)

Id like to think this is what Dr. Paul has done for us. He has done his part and spoke out against injustice and infringement of civil liberties. Maybe he has laid the ground work for the near future. Those that choose to uphold the constitution and liberty can carry on his legacy and may receive the results that he could not.

Personally i'm a very big fan of his foreign policy and his work concerning liberty. I just don't understand his economic policy enough to agree with it.

edit on 14-11-2012 by deadpool84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A great leader among the most plastic men in history. I hope his warning will be remembered.

From the ashes I hope liberty will be reborn!

edit on 14-11-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
One of the most red blooded honest American politicians in the past 60 years. It was an honor to have supported him through his campaigns. Anyone with anything negative to say is simply brain washed and there is no need to waste a breath on their ignorance.

I truly hope he was not the last stand against the corrupt government the sheeple have all come to blindly follow.

Thank you Ron Paul for your stand. Our forefathers spoke through you.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That feeling when you know you don't have a choice but to force change by necessary means. Ron Paul was "The Voice" the voice of what was right for the country, the people, and economic status.

His speech says it all.

We are done.

This means something is going to happen. Seriously. There is no turning back and only one way to change this mess before it gets worse, and we the people have to stand and change things ourselves.

I feel like it won't happen until loads of people start to experience the same pain all over the country. Only then we could really understand whats going on and act upon it. So in other words, as I said, something is going to happen and we will know despair before we strike back.

Bye Ron Paul. You taught me a lot, you woke a lot of people up. You've done great.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I've come to expect a few ATS members (I don't care what status they have) Are just AHoles to my posts.

Yes, clearly this is about you. Has absolutely nothing to do with some people realizing Paul was completely ineffectual as a political figure, contradicted himself like any other politician and was mildly batty. Oh he had his good points, I won't deny that. I have to give the man a great deal of respect. It's just that he wasn't this 3rd party galvanizing saint he was made out to be on the internet.

He was ineffectual as a political figure because others insisted on taking a different course than what he presented, and look at where that course has taken our country. It's not his fault that nobody would listen to him. If being right as often as he is makes him mildly batty then the rest of the country must be completely insane to ignore him the way they do.
edit on 14-11-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

Lets be clear about one thing: The man accomplished NOTHING in his entire career. NOT. ONE. THING.

how can you say he was right if he didnt do ANYTHING?

ANYTHING?
Ron Paul's Accomplishments

Man accomplished more in his career and life in general than most politicians or people wish they ever could.

Oh, you're talking about not getting his many legislations passed? Obviously they knocked-down almost everything he tried to put forth.

And let's not forget the change that's happening now in the GOP and how many people he's influenced in politics overall in his career.

The man tried his hardest. Just ignorance, like I see here is what stopped this great man.

This alone says it all about the man...

Your comments accomplish nothing but show your ignorance.

Now go troll somewhere else and or least show some respect for his service!

edit on 11/15/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/15/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I just love posting this graphic in Ron Paul threads....
Makes me proud the be an ATS'er

Godspeed Ron, you were appreciated...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yeah, 'cuz that's what I'm doing RP's policies would have destroyed this nation. Period. Third world status.

Destroyed the nation faster than it's being destroyed now?

Also, i gotta ask, since you seem to be able to see the future, what are the winning lottery numbers?

Fact is, you dont know any more than anyone else what WOULD have happened, all you know is what is happening.

Can you deny that the nation is falling apart as we speak?

If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

DC

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Please quote where he advocated succession.
edit on 11/15/2012 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

What have any of our presidents or congressmen accomplished in their political careers? O wait, NOTHING. Except drag us further off the cliff, erode our liberties, destroy our currency, overextend us overseas, put weapons in space, lock up free energy technology, kill US citizens and whistleblowers etc.

You're on a roll.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

RP's policies would have destroyed this nation. Period. Third world status.

He is the only politician who actually understands what needs to be done...

1) reform the monetary system
2) reduce the size of Government
3) reduce military spending

Through your half-closed eyes, these things may appear to be "extreme" measures. You may wonder how reducing the size of Government and reducing military spending would ever help anything... you probably feel threatened by such ideas, believing they would harm the United States status as the number one super power on Earth (a now questionable status). Let me tell you one thing, the tyrannical pursuit to expand the American empire will lead to your downfall... just look at how much money the US spends on war compared to any other country. Let me assure you, a debt cannot grow forever, serious action needs to be taken.

Ron Paul was the only guy with a true plan to reduce these ridiculous levels of spending and stop trying to "police" the world (which btw is the prime cause of hate directed towards the United States). He was also the guy who could truly see how corrupt the monetary system is, and how the debt based system is nothing less than slavery... his plans to implement "sound money" were a good start. And he has said countless times he wouldn't destroy the Fed, he would implement an alternative legal tender based on a gold or silver standard, so people could choose to save legal tender which wouldn't constantly depreciate at ridiculous rates.
edit on 15/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I've come to expect a few ATS members (I don't care what status they have) Are just AHoles to my posts.

Yes, clearly this is about you. Has absolutely nothing to do with some people realizing Paul was completely ineffectual as a political figure, contradicted himself like any other politician and was mildly batty. Oh he had his good points, I won't deny that. I have to give the man a great deal of respect. It's just that he wasn't this 3rd party galvanizing saint he was made out to be on the internet.

He was ineffectual as a political figure because others insisted on taking a different course than what he presented, and look at where that course has taken our country. It's not his fault that nobody would listen to him. If being right as often as he is makes him mildly batty then the rest of the country must be completely insane to ignore him the way they do.

Lets be clear about one thing: The man accomplished NOTHING in his entire career. NOT. ONE. THING.

Another ignorant comment by another ignorant ATS poster.

Ron Paul, the man that brought the federal reserve from a politically incorrect conspiracy theory to public light and now 75% of Americans approve of auditing the federal reserve.

As of relatively recently, 8 out of 13 of his picks for endorsements won higher office seats in the house and senate. The liberty movement is on its path to taking back its government.

What have you done? besides making things up on the internet?

edit on 15-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Amusing...yet another arm chair butt picking pundit.

Ron Paul made a career of testicular fortitude in challenging the FED on monetary policy. He gave Romney a real ass whipping in the debates on this topic and I bet he would accommodate a whipping on you also.

edit on 14-11-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

Ahhh, more fanboying. I can see its still going strong. Thank god this man didnt, and no longer has the chance to, ruin this great nation.

What are you talking about, he will continue on his liberty tours drawing thousands to sold out venues. That must hurt you to see people wanting to know more about civil liberties, the constitution, sound money, and a government that serves and protects the people that own it.

He will also continue to write best selling books and even take his message across the seas to foreign countries yearning to hear the message of liberty.

As Ron Paul retires from congress, several more take his place in the house and the senate, tens of thousands more in local government and party positions, millions more spreading his message worldwide.

And to top that all off, Rand Paul will run for president in 2016 and further inject the message of liberty and constitutional limited government intrusion on the economy and our lives.

Chew on that for your 'great' nation. lmao.

"The #1 responsibility for each of us is to change ourselves with hope that others will follow. This is of greater importance than working on changing the government; that is secondary to promoting a virtuous society. If we can achieve this, then the government will change."
-Ron Paul

edit on 15-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Because this country is falling apart since we have taken the wrong course.

He presented another course, but he couldn't force people to follow it. What was he suppose to do? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I'll just leave you with your beliefs. No need to argue about an inn ineffectual, retired politician at this point.

No, but the debate for the future of this nation is still open for discussion. And that's why people are still coming after Ron Paul threads to attack. It's like people can't wait to watch this country continue to crumble cheerleading for same policies that caused it to happen.

Yeah, 'cuz that's what I'm doing

Just because one can see the BS of a man like RP, doesnt mean that one supports current administrations.

But I see it's business as usual for RP fanatics..."if you dont like him, you're a cheerleader for the status quo". And here, I thought this garbage might actually end with his career.

Its quite sad you never even had one substantive argument against the old man, just a bunch of whining and whimpering about nothing coming from your mouth and fingertips.

Ron Paul will continue to reach millions while you continue to troll and irritate ATS with the constant moan and groan. Hope you are proud of that, maybe some ATS members can pitch in to make you a plaque for all of your hardwork exposing the 'truth' or lack of...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Farewell Speech On CSPAM

The Doctor won't be forgotten (unless he chooses to be)!!!

Please, Stay active and in the public eye...

Cheers Honorable Doctor Paul !!!

Thanks for posting this! I watched his farewell speech in its entirety. He makes many good, sound, intellectual points in this last speech and he asks many questions that make you think about why the government runs its funny business the way it does, and where we are headed as a nation. It seems like Dr. Paul is the only one in congress currently that 100% has his sh*t together. Seeing him leave at the end of this year worries me, but I have heard from his TV interviews that he has a busy schedule ahead of him and many speeches and talks lined up at college campuses

And to say that this guy is a nutjob, or that your happy he is leaving... have a little more respect please. When your constitution is taken away from you and when a guy comes to your home in fatigues to blast your door off to arrest you, your probably going to defecate yourself and at that moment, maybe you will realize that "Hey, you know what? That Ron Paul guy...
was right..."
But it will be far too late.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Wow, where have you been during your 5663 posts? RP policies would have resulted in trillions less spent on those amazing killing machines in your avatar image. Go figure.

Third world? Wait for it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I just wanted to say that despite being only two pages long, it is uplifting to see so many people bid farewell to the great doctor in a positive way. And you know, the irony of all of the negative comments about him is that Ron Paul advocates free speech. It may be that in the future of this country, that liberty of free speech could even be taken away... maybe the negative commenters will finally realize by then that they are flat out wrong. Ron Paul opened my eyes, but I feel it won't be the last we hear of him.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ahh yes, the United States Constitution. Written by Christ and handed over from Moses to George Washington on golden tablets

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

captaintyinknots is just another american, lower case a, who doesn't like the Constitution.

Isn't it obvious?...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I guess the average ATS attention span can't handle a 48 minute video.

ONLY 2 PAGES OF DISCUSSION??

This video should be incorporated into social studies classes at grade, high school and college levels. This is the BEST State of the Union speech that our counrty will ever have.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join