It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual amount of celestial events in 2012 ( Please Read)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Im no expert astronomer but I do have some knowledge of the universe around us, I just wanted to highlight the amount of dramatic and amazing events in 2012.

Please correct me if their is explanations for this or am just being paranoid about this but.....

Lets take a look;

First we had the 1st eclipse which was a Annular Solar Eclipse on 20 May 2012

Then we had a partial lunar eclipse on 04 June 2012

Then we had the transit of Venus which lasted 6 hours and 40 minutes on 5 June 2012

Now we have just had another Total Solar Eclipse 13 November 2012.

And we are now due another spectacular event which will be the Penumbral Lunar Eclipse 28 November 2012

Thoughts ATS, is this unusual?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Solar and lunar eclipses usually occur in pairs, because the Moon's orbit is aligned with the ecliptic for a couple of weeks. There is generally one solar eclipse somewhere on Earth every 18 months. Venus transits are rarer, with a cycle of two transits separated by eight years, then an alternating cycle between the paired transits of 121 and 105 years.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks,

Given the supposed significance of this year, does this ring alarm bells for you? It is certainly ringing alarm bells for me.

The ancients targeted this year, This cannot be a coincidence, Im not a 2012 doomsday believer.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks,

Given the supposed significance of this year, does this ring alarm bells for you? It is certainly ringing alarm bells for me.

The ancients targeted this year, This cannot be a coincidence, Im not a 2012 doomsday believer.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Solar and lunar eclipses usually occur in pairs, because the Moon's orbit is aligned with the ecliptic for a couple of weeks. There is generally one solar eclipse somewhere on Earth every 18 months. Venus transits are rarer, with a cycle of two transits separated by eight years, then an alternating cycle between the paired transits of 121 and 105 years.

/thread.

You're a cool contributor to ATS, buddy. Keep up the good work

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There was also a super moon this year.

The biggest full moon of the year, a so-called "supermoon," rose into the night sky Saturday to the delight of skywatchers around the world, who captured the lunar sight in dazzling amateur astronomy photos.
Because of a fluke of orbital timing, the full moon of May peaked late Saturday just as the moon was passing its perigee, the closest point to Earth of its orbit. The result was the biggest full moon of the year, which NASA and other scientists nicknamed the supermoon of 2012.

Super Moon

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

No ancient targeted this year. A group of pseudoscientists have seemingly taken the ordinary and forced it into sounding like something extraordinary. A lot of it seems to be based around the end of a calendar. Since when does the end of a calendar mean something is going to happen. Aside from New years of course.

If you had to make anything that lasted out of stone, you'd probably try to make it as long as possible so you don't have to go and carve a new one out for a while. The end of the Mayan calendar marks the day, the next mayan has to start carving the new one. 5154 years puts it well out of the span of you or any of your friends and families lives doesn't it.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
And don't forget, we also had a Blue moon for the first time since 2 years this year.. (i unsterstand its not really uncommon but still relevant to the topic)
Blue Moon

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bauwser

Your 100% correct we certainly did, Thanks for that.

top topics

join