It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants a $1.6 Trillion tax increase -- Here comes the Gordian Knots !

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
reply to post by xuenchen

Now that he's locked in, I hope he gets super-leftist on you crybaby whiners.

The first term was the bait-and-switch, now comes Obama Marx. Enjoy.

Oh, and yeah, I voted for Gary Johnson, so you can toss aside the comeback on that one. Instead of blubbering about liberals and Democrats, how about you look at it from a non-partisan view?
edit on 14-11-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

Well the Libertarian points of view may have merits.

Let's compare what they would be doing with Obama's "proposals" and the Republican proposals as well.

Now is as good a time as any to argue the merits.

Please post.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The only compromise that the two elite morons in the white house can do as political parties is raise taxes, because the Fed needs to keep printing until 2015, but the QE4 is heading our way as soon as December because the mess in Wall Street is big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how can any of the two parties can afford to keep with the growing deficit in the nation? only taxes on the working class can do that or that is what they think, feed the people that they are going to tax the rich and then tell the working class that everybody needs to compromise while the Fed keeps feeding the Banksters coffers.

And keep the poor hopeful that somebody is going to pay for their healthcare because Obama care is not cheap.

Lord and behold our nation is in worst shape that many here can even dream about it, and we are to find out very, very soon.

America greed created a big mess that spread to EU and now the mess in EU is going to come back home, but rest assure that we were warned about this back in 2008
edit on 14-11-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
the american deficit is like a credit card with no limit and no expiration date.

as long as interest payments are made, everything is cooking fine.

which are about $300 billion a year.

the bad part is the united states is probably still paying for the moon landing.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Hawking

If you cut spending there is no reason to raise taxes

For crying out loud.

If you cut spending and raise revenue you can actually fix a budget.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Trustfund
Remember when republicans caused the credit rating to drop in the US? Remember that? Because they wanted to make their Koch overlords richer and look like they stuck it to the dems, whilst making Obama look bad.

edit on 14-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

Huh?

I thoughtObama was president then. I thought it was because of his spending and lack of budgets.

Wow. Go figure!

Aw how cute

Couldn't be because the GOP were playing politics???

That right wing bubble is made of leather

Glad the world knows better

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Psst: republicans:
you lost.

ktksbie

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

No, you are wrong, I favor no party as I found out a while back that both parties are nothing but clowns on corporate payroll

In America we the working class has been the loser for a long, long, time is just that we have gotten used too with the propaganda and crap that is fed to us by the so call leaders in this nation

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I am for increasing tax a little on the middle class. But the real issue is the tax break on the rich

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I am for increasing tax a little on the middle class. But the real issue is the tax break on the rich

Really?

Perhaps, but what impact will that have on the national debt ?

be careful of the jealousy factor....it's contagious.

just have a look here ---->

Eliminating Bush Tax Cuts Would Barely Cover October Deficit

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

And you will pretty much will get your wish, as Obama is going to sell that he will take away the Rich tax brakes from the Bush era, the problem is that letting the tax brake expired in Dec, will automatically raise taxes on every body no just the Rich, now, the rich will lose nothing, with a tax increase, but the working class have everything to lose as usual, the working class in the US has always been the ones to pay for everything because majority percentage in the population, but with the growing welfare state the working class is a dying breed this days, now Obama knows that his cuts are going to add more to that welfare state in January when the massive lay off from the government will hit.

Things are going to get very interesting next year, taxes increases , layoffs and Obamacare.
that happens to come also with a bundle of new taxes no only for the rich but for everybody.
So regardless of taxing the rich more we all will have to open our wallets .
edit on 15-11-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

That is what I have been looking at for a while with all the propaganda on raising taxes for the rich, that is going to obfuscate the working class because the jealousy that many have against the rich in the nation, sadly the rich will be able to afford those tax increased, companies that are still in the US will just migrate somewhere else and the working class will be the losers as they have to shed income for the Obamacare bundle of taxes to come

Still the Fed will still be printing money for the rich in Wall Street and you know who the losers will be at the end.

People still doesn't get it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The rich need higher taxes. at least feel the way we feel (poor/middle class)

also, the media never discuss the poor, only when they discuss "food stamps". Most people in michigan are on food stamps

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Hon, the rich can afford taxes but can you? and still the welfare state has grown 19% in the last 4 years, and it will keep growing, trust me is going to get worst regardless of what the morons in the White house are selling to you.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

ok ok ok, so he is coming in at $1.6 trillion but when negotiating, doesn't one always come in high when you're trying to sell because you know you must give in a bit to come to a deal? Isn't this how negotiations work... I mean, this IS how negotiations work.

So from the outside, it looks as though he could still be looking for $800 billion. You don't even need a strategist to tell you this, it's just how it works.

of course, we'll see what happens. honestly, i have lost faith in the system.... years ago.

hell, maybe this logic will conveniently get lost in the political madness and never be seen again

500th post -- what what!!

edit on 15-11-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That is a million dollars for each bullet that they ordered for DHS.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join