It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,600 fake 911 calls to Henderson Police - $2000 fine per call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Man accused of more than 3,600 fake 911 calls to Henderson Police

He could be fined $2,000 for each infraction

A man suspected of calling Henderson 911 more than 3,600 times was arrested Wednesday night and could face steep fines and up to a year in jail.

Source

Not really sure what to say about this one. Just one of those "WTF" stories that pops up every now and then. He claimed in the past it was friends and cell phone malfunctions that were causing him to call the police. The real question is why they would let it rack up to 3,600 calls.

Total fines being a possible 7.2 Million...

Maybe that's why?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That guy is an idiot! He really should deserve some sort of punishment, There could have been a delay regarding a real 911 situation someone trying to call through in time but too late! because of the slight delay he got robbed?
edit on 13-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: missing words

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well the jail time should be plenty for a lesson in why not to prank 911. But hope they don't think they will be able to get that amount in fines. Better drop it to $2 a prank in this case.

I called 911 accidentally
I was doing some automotive work under a van and suddenly heard this lady going 911 what is your emergency?
It was my cell phone in my pocket. What a set of numbers to accidentally hit thankfully she totally understood.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
That guy is an idiot! He really should deserve some sort of punishment, There could have been a delay regarding a real 911 situation someone trying to call through in time but too late! because of the slight delay he got robbed?
edit on 13-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: missing words

Yes, 3600 calls is ludicrous. I think a number of people have prank called before during the teen/pre-teen years, but constant badgering like this could really hurt someone else in need by delaying action.

I remember I called once when I was 9 after my parents went out for dinner. I had a babysitter but I wanted my mom to tuck me in.
"Can you get my mom home I need her? and she said this is where you call when you need help."

Dear lord, never heard the end of that one...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
jeeze Bonch,......
never figured you for a MAMAS BOY!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
jeeze Bonch,......
never figured you for a MAMAS BOY!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That is a LOT of money right there. Although I agree he needs to be punished, I can't help but to feel the police station is happy about it. They'll be getting some new squad cars out of this one.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

wow 3,600 calls is rediculous. this man obviously has to have some kind of problem. maybe an attention disorder. if i was a cop but the 1000th call his phone would be ripped out of his wall

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
That is a LOT of money right there. Although I agree he needs to be punished, I can't help but to feel the police station is happy about it. They'll be getting some new squad cars out of this one.

The final judgement will most likely be far less. And I doubt the guy has enough to cover it. Something tells me multi-millionares don't spend their days pranking 911.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

We have had this issue at my department a few times now and the steps taken to not only identify the cell phone but to listen to the back ground sounds when the call is made were priorities in the investigations to positiviely identify the indivieual behind the calls.

This is not something the department can do in a few days and requires legal action to gain access to information.

While many people go after law enforcement in this instance the 911 call takers / 911 system / 911 dispatchers can be adversely affected by these types of issues. It can result in actual 911 calls being delayed to dispatch to officers while trying to verify the open fake 911 line is not real. Something that is not always evident in a dispatch enviornment.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Question though, is it reasonable to assume this could be done before 3,600 calls were made? This seems like a lot xCat. If you think about it, that's 3600 chances of this guy interfering with what could be a life or death situation.

Cheers.

-B

PS, also says in the article this fellow was previously investigated. So if they did get court authorization to track him the first time, would they have to do that again in future occurrences?
edit on 14-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It all depends on the area in question, topography, phone company, how advance the 911 system is etc etc etc. My example is based on our systems... some will find it easier, some will find it harder.

As for the second question about previous investigation it depends on the end result of the first investigation. I am assuming the 2nd investigation is based on new info so chances are yes, they would need new court authorization.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join