It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the Walmart problems start again.....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

no in most states you have to have a permit to purchase handgun not ammo because the law doesnt require it also handgun ammo can be used in rifles and other devices shark sticks used to use 38 ammo and so forth.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

actually, I have been there within the last 2 weeks. No problem with buying ammo of any type. However, I will not be surprised if my local Wallyworld suddenly changed. I don't really expect though. I live in redneck country. This would have to be a corparate decision.
'

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Update to this thread. Just today I stopped by to pick up some .223 ammo and was told it's now restricted to a daily max of 6 boxes per person. Something about a memo from DHS requesting it. Anyone else run into this in other stores local gun shops etc..?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yes, my friend had the same problem here in PA. He was told the same thing almost to the word.

JT

EDIT TO ADD: This was at a Gander Mountain I believe.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Greenblaz because: More info

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenblaz

Insane no new laws passed that I am aware of banning the sale of ammo, but they will issue these memos and act like it is law. What is wrong with this picture.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just bumping this to see if anyone else had heard of this as well? So far N.Y, and Pa in replies.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Here in north GA, they got the 'six box' memo Friday. The local projectile emporium I frequent ( a local ammo manufacturer is a wonderful thing, BTW) has decided to honnor it. Funny, it didn't mention how big the box could be, according to them, so they are running a special.
Six two hundred round count boxes of .223 (ss109) for three fifty...
They also give a discount if you return your empties.
I love those guys!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have not experienced any of those problems in AZ. Was in line last week, 6 people in front of me and all were buying ammo. No one was asked any questions, no limits to amount purchased. But then again AZ does not have many of the restrictive laws that other States have.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Memo huh?

This ain't good folks....

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have heard the six box rule for almost a year or more, in my area.
To which the person could order from a local gun store or the such.
I can't believe we haven't actually tried to shutdown Walmart yet.
Oh wait...they have junkfood and tv's on sale...and chinese toys.
We can't NOT have that stuff man!

Funny how there's no limit to how much ammo the DHS can buy...in the millions!
But, we can only get six boxes per order per day. How ironic.
They won't limit guns, but a gun is useless without ammo.

It's great that some sellers are taking that "advice" and selling larger boxes.
Fight fire with fire, I say.

If you catagorize every weapon the MSM broadcasts about, they're all "assault" weapons.
Because they are all paid for by the same large group of Agenda 21 families.
The media, that is.

They are told what to broadcast and how.
Not true news, just well manipulated news.
Don't state facts, just their manipulation of the public.
And you can see its effects everywhere...just ask around.
Alot of people don't know the difference between semi-automatic or full auto.
All they know is what was broadcast on the news. Big scary gun! BAN IT!
When in reality, the difference is huge.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yeah it gets very frustrating especially when you buy ammo that comes 20 rounds per box, that means if your going to the range you can only have 120 rounds that day if your all out. Unless you have your entire family load up in the car and some neighbors as well but thats just ridiculous anyhow. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to purchase ammo and like I said this is not law as far as I know so how does a "memo" dictate anything is beyond me? I have to wait till tomorrow to call the local gun store not a chain store to see if they are doing the same nonsense but I would hope not.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You cannot buy a car here in England, unless you are in possession of a photo drivers permit. Whats the difference?

I'm not trying to be rude, here, but you are comparing apples to oranges!

He's not trying to buy a "car", he is trying to buy the gas for the car...Big difference...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So contacted the local gun shop and they stated they have heard nothing of the sort, so once again seems to be some b.s. from the chain stores for whatever reason. I guess the next time I am in there I will ask for a copy of said letter and upload here, not holding my breath though considering no main street gun store has heard of it. I do have to add that I always find it funny that they have literally pallets full of shotgun ammo on every endcap throughout the stores yet the most common rounds like .223 are under lock and key.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Everyone should also keep in mind, that much of WallyWorld's "policies" are designed to limit lawsuits, and nothing more. Everything that they do, is to maximize profit, while limiting risk. Period!

And, logic, rarely plays a part in their decisions. It's all corporate lackeys calling the shots...And you and I both know, they live in their own little world...The world built by Walt...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Well I would think someone could start a lawsuit against them for refusing to sell something and falsifying by claiming it's not us it's the gobment stepping in. As I have said there is no law in place that I know of limiting the purchase of ammo, and they have already shot themselves in the foot by placing the other caliber of ammo on the sales floor which you can purchase unrestrictedly. To me that sure sounds like discrimination. If it were on sale sure I could understand a limit but it's their everyday low price guarantee that they always tout. It just irks me to no end when I run into stupid things as this, I wonder if you bought the entire shipping case that the ammo is shipped in before the shrink wrap is broken would be considered 1 box? Might have to look at that route just to be a pita.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Well I would think someone could start a lawsuit against them for refusing to sell something and falsifying by claiming it's not us it's the gobment stepping in. As I have said there is no law in place that I know of limiting the purchase of ammo, and they have already shot themselves in the foot by placing the other caliber of ammo on the sales floor which you can purchase unrestrictedly. To me that sure sounds like discrimination. If it were on sale sure I could understand a limit but it's their everyday low price guarantee that they always tout. It just irks me to no end when I run into stupid things as this, I wonder if you bought the entire shipping case that the ammo is shipped in before the shrink wrap is broken would be considered 1 box? Might have to look at that route just to be a pita.

LOL....If the person at the sporting goods counter could scan the outside of the case or carton and it would ring up on the register...SURE!!!!...

They don't require a minimum IQ to work there....
I should know...I gave them 2 years of my life and all I got was 52 puny paychecks and a few hundred bucks out of them from a labor law class action suit, 9 months after I quit...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Are there similar restrictions evident for reloading materials as well, it wouldn't surprise me in the least, your Govt is desperate to disarm you at all cost, and from what i can see Gun Sales in the US are still climbing, and don't look like abating any time soon, the govt cant realistically steal em all from you, so the next logical step for them is to heavily restrict access to ammo including reloading Materials like dies, powder, primers, Brass or even actively seeking to confiscate presses and stuff to cut off available ammo supply, i hope I'm wrong.

Anyway Stick to your Guns and the 2nd Amendment Lads, I'm in the uk but with you in spirit.

Ramadhiman

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Can't say as I've run into the 6 box limit at my local Wallyworld... simply because I can't seem to find one box in stock of anything aside from shotgun shells and .22lr. No handgun, no rifle cartriges in stock at all... and been that way for a couple of weeks. I've been wanting to restock for some much-needed range time, and can't find the ammo in any quantity. Haven't checked my usual online haunts simply because I'm looking for instant gratification. I suppose it's only going to get worse, it appears.
edit on 1/11/13 by larphillips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Isnt it the law that in order to own a firearm, you have to register as the owner of that weapon? If so, is it not logical to ensure that only registered users can purchase ammuntion?

You cannot buy a car here in England, unless you are in possession of a photo drivers permit. Whats the difference?

From where I sit, UK laws are even more draconian and stupid than US laws, which IMO are often very draconian, and stupid.

To the best of my knowledge, you do not need a license to purchase a vehicle. At least not where I live.

What if you're wealthy, and you want a car, which you will pay someone to drive for you, but which you have no desire to drive, yourself? This situation occasionally happens, and is just one of many possible examples why laws like that are dumb.

Walmart has some pretty ridiculous policies. Yet another example of how the larger an organization becomes, the more "formalized" the structure, the more idiotic the policies they create and unwaveringly enforce. This goes for both governments and corporations. Yet another reason states should have precedence in governing themselves.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You don't need any id to buy a car in the UK.
You may need to jump through hoops if you pay cash over a certain amount, cos of dumb money laundering rules, but I've never been asked for id off a car dealer unless it was on credit.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join