It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papa John layoffs….Good!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I was giving a lot of liberty here, I can show from my days as an estimator with old estimates, I still have, how a company with 200 employees and make a little a 1 million a years.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tbrooks76

Along the same lines, I started out as an aircraft mechanic and went from there to machinist. After a back injury I went back to school for Design and CADD. One of my former employers sent me to school for Mechanical Engineering and the rest is history.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think something that is missing from this conversation of what employers are responsible for vs what employees are responsible for, is that fact that employees have little leverage overall. In order for the value of labor and management to be accurately set both sides must have equal leverage. Since very few of the lower/middle class are self sufficient and very many in debt, leverage is highly weighted to the management side. We need the job much more than management needs us. To balance income we need to balance leverage.

Also, we may need to start asking ourselves about the value of a system that allows a pizza company to be worth 1 billion dollars, a burger store to be worth ~100 billion, and 3 of the worlds 25 richest people to be... candy makers (www.zerohedge.com...).

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join