It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about mullets?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
For awhile I kept my hair kind of short and then I got the brilliant idea to grow it out. Well, now I have a sort of overgrown mullet.

Anyway, I used to be a real snob when it came to mullets. I would see a mullet and quickly exit the vicinity. I made signs protesting the mullet. I joined groups of like minded individuals demanding the mullet secede from the hairstyle union.

And then the mullet happened to me.

I felt conflicted. My whole world was turned inside out - preconceived notions were shattered. The very foundation of who I thought I was, shaken.

So ATS, how do you feel about mullets? Anyone else embracing the mullet?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
They should be banned.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm pro-mullet. The mullet is only considered a failure because of the mass propaganda in favor of the Mohawk. If only there were more commercials that showed that women love men with mullets then they would have a chance to be a win. In fact I'm not ready to concede that the mullet is not considered the greatest haircut of all time, and I say that because it makes me feel better about myself as a individual that favors the mullet. I think that Karl Rove may also approves this message and if you give him 300 million dollars to work with he may even bring the mullet back...or not.

edit on 13-11-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
For some reason when i think of a mullet i has this impression of some redneck hill billy in dungarees driving a battered pick up truck with the dog in the next seat and his rifle on his knee's drinking moonshine looking for possum's to put in the pot

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Mullets are legendary in their awesomeness.
edit on 13/11/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I have never seen someone with a mullet who wasn't happy.

Mullet = Happiness.

They'll do for me.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Business in the front, party in the back- you can't go wrong with that!

I miss the days of mullets. If you like it who cares what anybody else thinks?
People who make fun of mullets are just jealous that they can't grow hair.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Mullets happen. It's part of nature and occurs from time to time. I myself am working on a mullet. One day it was a styled hair do then slowly through the weeks it's metamorphosed into the Joe Dirt look.

So don't mull over your mullet.
Embrace the mullet, become one with the mullet. It will change you too.

I'm for a mullet in every house and I approve this message.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I rhink they can be very attractive if the cut is right. Do not overgrow it though.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
How could anyone go wrong with a mullet? Rock it out man!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
In my opinion mullets area true sign of security and freedom.

I don't have one, never had one but I hope to reach that point in my life where I don't care enough about society so I can feel good about rocking one out.

Wearing a mullet style shows the world that you are oblivious to their fascist demands and you care not if their skinny jeans are embarrassed.

I used to hate mullets, because I used to care about fashion and what people thought.
Now I understand the true genius of the mullet and all of the freedom it represents.

edit on 13-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Why is it called a Mullet?
Could someone explain. Sorry I am not a native English speaker.
Apart from that, mullets seem to be so horrible because they mix two things that should never be mixed. The short conservative front, with a "don't give a #" long back. It somehow confuses our brains...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I say the "code 7" should be brought back. The only thing about it being brought back though is that not everyone can rock one and pull it off.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Wear it and be proud!!

Mullets remind me of my dad in the early nineties, he pulled it off quite well.

My son loves to wear this mullet wig we have and he actually had one when he was two, because his hair would only grow longer in the back. It was funny and cute because we didn't cut it that way.

Rock the mullet!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thank you all for replying. I find it encouraging that so many of you are accepting of the mullet. I have renewed hope for humanity.

I am now trying to convince my husband to grow out a rat tail so we can look extra awesome together. It's going to happen... I can feel it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08So ATS, how do you feel about mullets?

It used to conjure up images of a camaro with its windows down, blasting Metallica and yelling "faggot" out the window.

Now, I think of meth addicts driving whatever they can get their hands on, listening to Nickelback and Garth Brooks, and voting against their own best interests. Still yelling "faggot" out the window.

I think the only reason hipsters won't take on the mullet it because it's a little TOO ironic and they just can't cross that line. I've seen some hipsters sporting them but they are always alone and the other hipsters who listen to bluegrass and wearing logger clothes won't even talk to them.

I can see the point some here are making about it representing "freedom" or what not but, in my experience, it's only represented ignorance.

Then again, maybe I'm jealous. I can't get past that psychological block of cutting half of my hair off and taking the time to grow out the rest. It's like spending years building half of an airplane.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Mullets?
They're a little hard to clean with the two dorsal fins.
But they do taste like fish.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've got two mullets.
One hanging from each arm pit.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I respect your opinion and thank you for replying. I like to look at the airplane as half finished rather than half unfinished. lol

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaSpy2012

There is no need to brag.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join