It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candid shots of the rich by the rich. A stunning and slightly nauseating peak into their lives

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

Hey maybe the bartab guy actually picked up everyone's tab that night. Whoever was in there at the time whether poor or rich. Though they don't need alcohol, that's a mighty generous thing to do and you don't know. But if I had millions of dollars I'd have pics of me on social media handing money clothes and food to homeless people...and not for publicity, just because I always said if I was ever ina position to help people I'd not forget where I came from and that I would help them, and not become greedy. The gifts poured on the kids I can really understand, I would do that for my kids, because they deserve it they're good, helpful, smart kids. You don't know maybe them kids earned that stuff through getting good grades and being good children. I always said if I had millions my money would buy my kids nice stuff because they've gone so long without the things most others have.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
These are the type of people who bitch about those that are "addicted to entitlements." Spoiled bunch of brats.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So lets make everybody but our government officials equally poor because.....well because i never got rich and don't see that i ever will!!! Who's with me?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The only thing I don't like are those Receipts for the alcohol. I actually get mad looking at that. I'm 22 and the most I've spent one night at bars is 25 dollars. I don't know how one can legitimately spend upwards of Twenty Thousand Dollars on alcohol. That makes me mad, because from experience, I know that it is waste.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

How is it a waste? If he had fun, (and I'm sure he did), he created an experience that he will remember for a long time.

Certainly not a waste

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm

he created an experience that he will remember for a long time.

The irony is almost palpable.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It's like banging a super hot chick. It takes work to make it happen, but once it does, you will remember it for a very long time.

Unless she was horrible. Then you kick her outta the house right afterwards and lock the door.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

£120,000 for a bottle of champagne...my word! People really do have more money than sense.

Not only that, you can get it for £43,750 from Drinks Direct...that is quite the mark up...they could have stayed in, had three bottles for same price and got totally trollied.

Either way, if I'd spent that kind of money on a drink I would expect it to have been pissed out by a unicorn.

Really though...who spends that amount of money for a fizzy drink. The mind boggles. If that it what having money turns you into, I am truly glad I don't have any.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
The only thing I don't like are those Receipts for the alcohol. I actually get mad looking at that. I'm 22 and the most I've spent one night at bars is 25 dollars. I don't know how one can legitimately spend upwards of Twenty Thousand Dollars on alcohol. That makes me mad, because from experience, I know that it is waste.

Well no offense but you are still pretty new to the bar scene. Even if you had a fake ID prior to being 21, you probably were only able to get served as early as maybe 18. A $25 bar tab is exceedingly cheap. If you are with friends, everyone starts having fun and shots start getting ordered, the tab can start getting higher and higher. I'm exceedingly broke and my highest bar tab has gotten up to $120. I've been in the bar when people have ordered shots for the whole bar, while I haven't looked at these people's bar tabs I can only imagine how high they get when shots are so expensive.

I don't see it that surprising that a rich person could get a tab that high. I've seen alcohol bottles get pretty expensive and if like a previous poster said, he bought alcohol for the whole bar, then it is easy to see. My problem is with the 15% tip, but then again I always try to tip 20%. Though I think someone this rich could afford to spare a few extra percentage points to tipping his servers.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by LittleFluffyCloud

Jealous of these sniveling little turds that did precious little to earn their wealth?

Ha!

They wouldn't last a day in the REAL world without all of mommy and daddy's wealth to prop their asses up.

Yes indeed!

In this way, they are more pitiable than enviable.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

But maybe they should be vilified, while most of us struggle to get by they all have the resources, the money and the time to actually get things done in the world. If they look down on us from the top, maybe we should look up to them to solve all these problems that they are capable of solving. Isn't it a villainous thing to have the ability to solve a worldwide problems and turn the other way? If I had all the money in the world, I'd like to think I would spend every dollar of profit after my necessities to fixing these world issues. You're rich, you'll make the money back? What is the point of having 100's of millions just sitting in your bank account? It's hoarding and it's greed.

Yes, they earned their money and can spend it as they see fit. But don't they have a moral obligation as members of the human race to push things forward as best they can and work towards a future where we all thrive? The way they live is unsustainable. Someday they can flaunt their money around in a barren wasteland where it won't even matter anymore. Not to mention if things continue, we may have a worldwide Marie Antoinette scenario play out and I really don't want to see that happen. Most of them are not bad people, they are simply misguided and don't deserve that kind of backlash in my opinion.

Trust me, I think I see both sides of this argument pretty clearly. They have the right to spend however they want and they should be able to reward themselves however they see fit. But I think we should be discouraging the flaunting and the frivolity for now, there will be plenty of time for that later. We have work to do. The top needs to mix with the bottom and we all need to meet in a balanced middle.

These replies have really helped me see and recognize a lot of very good points. I appreciate them all.

SJM

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A couple of points to throw into the tirade of envy and astonishment that there are people with more money than sense.

Think of the tax gained by the Government for a £120,000 bottle of champers – certainly enough to keep some less fortunate people less poor. If people want to shed cash like that, then we should celebrate it and not complain.

I have been to parties and shindigs like photo 1 and no Illuminati in sight. Just people having fun. Could have been down the pub except for the fancy frocks and black tie - it's the people who make the parties and not all rich people are tossers. If you don’t like it, then it’s probably because you don’t ever get invited.

Regards

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What gets me, is businesses and corporate owners never recognize that their business wouldn't have become successful with out the hard work and dedication of their workers. It's the interaction, paper shuffling, product production and communication between customers and workers that is the catalyst of a successful business.

Businesses can reap enormous profits, but when their workers need a livable wage or decent healthcare benefits, they can't cough up some of their profits to show their gratitude and commitment. Their first knee jerk reaction to a poor economy is laying off their minimum wage workers and boosting their CEO's pay. Most efficient and cost-cutting ideas usually come from the floor and than Managers will take all the credit.

Owners and CEO's are so much removed from the hard work and sweat their employees do on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Spoken like a true loser.

Well thank you, and how are you doing?

What about all of the wealthy who created something, patented it, licensed it, and are now wiping their butts with more money than you make in a year? Were they dishonest? Was their ingenuity fake?

You are talking about a very small minority of the wealthy. Most wealth is handed down, not made. This is why the same families stay wealthy and have ran the country for decades.

What about the billions of hourly workers who have helped their companies become the over-bloated rich ghetto's they are? Laid off and struggling to survive.

Money and wealth is not the only reason people should be creating things. Money is not the only motivation for creation. If you can only see money as the motivator, then it's you who is the loser my friend.

Shared ownership helps diversify rather than concentrate wealth – which is what we desperately need to do to revitalise our economy. It roots the value it generates in communities, keeping assets and resources from being transferred from local communities and low-wage employees to multinational corporations and their owners.

The key to global prosperity: worker ownership

Capitalism, the private ownership of the means of production, is killing our economy. It is sucking all the wealth created upwards into smaller and smaller hands as the majority of us slip into deeper poverty.

Capitalism is the loser, and unless people wake up to the reality then you are all losers going down with it.

edit on 11/13/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

You need to hang with me, bud.

$80 to $130 a night is not uncommon with me. But that's lot's of 1800 tequilla and Sam Adams for me, and Captain Morgan, Southern Comfort, Pina Coladas for my friends with their beers and jello shooters, and a $20 - $30 tip for the bartender that takes such good care of me. I tend to get a little generous when I drink.

But yeah, $20,000 on alcohol is a waste.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Honestly, I couldn't care less how much rich people spend. It's their money, let them spend it. Worrying about it only distracts you from improving your own life. If you want more, go earn it.

If anyone thinks that the wealth of the 1% is going to be redistributed, you're insane. They will leave the country before they let the government take it. Sitting around and waiting for the government to improve your life will leave you very disappointed.
edit on 13-11-2012 by TheHonestMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jar11
reply to post by pheonix358

It's gratuity. Basically it's a tip for the wait staff (and with that large of a tip, I would be surprised if the restaurant didn't take a piece of that as well).

You'd better believe the restaurant will be digging into that tip. I'd bet the waiter doesn't get 15% of the original 15%. What kills me is the Value Added Tax. Does that work like a flat tax? Do they have income tax as well?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Yeah like another poster said... that's on the low side. It's not uncommon sometimes to be getting a $400 tab if out with friends and start ordering rounds.

Anyways let them do what they want with it. Hopefully some of their elders can put some sense into them (although that's a generalization, assuming they don't have any), so that they can understand how priviledged they are.
Hey they are mostly like everyone else, using twitter, instagram, buying booze at the bars, going on trips to other countries (spring break here in the US). Except they just spend about 10-50 times more than we would. Why? Because they can.

I'm sure once they get older they will grow out of this phase, as does everyone (I hope?). Maybe taking a look towards the real world, and see what a dire state some of it is in. Hey what's that kid who's from a rich family, and made a documentary about how theyre rich because of constant inheritance? ... Born Rich (2003) by someone in the Johnson & Johnson family. He's got it. (IT= realizing they have 230283 more than the average person and sees how unfair it is in some peoples eyes)

Although I wouldn't mind getting 117k-200k every other week, heck, per month, from a trust fund

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

he created an experience that he will remember for a long time.

The irony is almost palpable.

And palatable, One.more giant jacuzzi topped off with
Bailey's Milk of Amnesia LOL. Remember this, about
as easily as an overdose of underarm Aluminum slurry:
"So good you'll forget the motto."
I'll settle for a jeroboam of Jack and twenty or so of my
best friends pitching in on my wake keg of Heineken... once.
Although on topic and being a pragmatist-- I'd prefer fishing
through the deep South for a somewhat intact vintage Firebird,
do a ground-up re-BUILD with a 13 point cage, an aluminum
Rat based big block, and embarass the little girl in the 940
pooterscooter with rubber chips in her mascara. for 50K less.
It's something rich kids aren't old enough to comprehend..what
us white haired engineers used to call "uncouth torque curve".
BWAAHAHAHaaaaa. Warren Johnson squared, run for it.
OK I'll stop now; but at least a royal blue Bentley for Glob's sake...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I have seen people rack up 1000 tabs before they realized it.

My tabs were cheaper then 25 but we only went on dollar draft night. XD

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join