It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm being stalked by Pigeons. Help me!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DelegateZero88

There is only one explanation...

Robotic Pigeons from the Planet Zenu
edit on 12-11-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'll admit I had a few giggles too...
But, my first thought was of Native American meanings behind when animals appear to you, so I looked up some of the meanings for you:
www.helium.com...
"Pigeon comes to teach us how to find our way home again; he is the foundation of the family, the nurturer, protector and teacher that provides for the young in every way that is necessary. He helps us to return to our roots, using them to keep clarity and focus. He guides us in learning how to harness the energies of our home and family in order to get through the tough times and find our way again. With pigeon in charge, we won’t be lost and vulnerable for very long. He shows the value of family strength, stability and how to utilize it properly. From Pigeon we also learn to set and work towards our goals in life; to focus and persevere through anything.
If you have Pigeon as your totem, you may have experienced a difficult childhood, constantly being challenged to find security and a clearer understanding of difficult situations and events that you’ve experienced. Pigeon helps you to find more stability within the home life that gives you what you may have missed in the past.
Pigeon’s medicine is the ability to become and stay attuned with nature; to stay focused on where we want to be instead of how we are going to get there. He hones our sensitivities and vision in order to help us to achieve our goals in life.
Pigeon’s natural homing abilities remind us that we need to stay in contact with family and friends no matter how far away we are from them; that this foundation can carry us through even the toughest of times in our lives. That home is our safe place and that we all come from a clan and heritage is important to who we are and who we eventually become; we are never really alone.
Pigeon people are often protective and nurturing of family and friends and will watch your back because like the birds, they tend to prefer a 360 degree view of situations, at all times. They have an instinctive tendency to look to their ancestry or heritage in order to really learn more about themselves, which is why many become genealogists.
If you have Pigeon as your totem, you are never really alone nor are those whom you love and care for, every day."
And a site with info about other animals/birds etc. www.spiritfeather.com...
One I really like are the Medicine Cards www.medicinecards.com...

Did you perhaps need this message delivered in a somewhat forceful and repetitive way?
edit on 12-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
maybe there homing pigeons ?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

It is known that crows and other members of the corvid family can recognise individual humans,who's to say that pigeons don't have the same ability?,have you done anything either to or for a pigeon lately? i.e fed or helped one or harmed one in any manner? If it really is becoming unsettling for you,and it also can't be too good for the pigeons hitting your window like that,try pasting the lifesize sillhouette of a Hawk or Falcon onto your window,that should make any birds steer well clear.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So here's the deal... they are pigeons, and they like you. It's okay... I am pretty sure they are safe. Maybe you should feed them or something. I do agree that them hitting your window is a problem... maybe try one of the methods described earlier.
edit on 12-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I like both...and have no particular preference...technically both are vermin...but we wouldn't have vermin if we, humans. weren't such filthy, wasteful beasts. Anyway, you may be right about the squirrels, according to the boy they are equipped with the most amazing weaponry and technology made from a compound called 'Nutanium'...harder than diamonds...and they have ninja skills like you wouldn't believe...not to mention the underground tunnels and networks. The pigeons, and perhaps us too, should be very, VERY afraid.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Buy a plastic owl.......

Plastic Owl
Bird Deterrent
OVERVIEW

Anti-perching plastic owls are one of the most commonly used deterrents to scare pigeons and other pest species of birds from their perching and roosting sites, predominantly on buildings in town and city centre environments. Anti-perching plastic owls are normally mounted on roof areas where the product can be clearly seen by problem birds as they approach their roosting or perching areas.

Anti-perching plastic owls are also often sited in key and sensitive areas on buildings where pigeons are causing specific problems. These areas could be canopies in front of shops or railway stations, or possibly architectural features on period properties where pigeons are causing extreme problems as a result of soiling.

ANTI-PERCHING PLASTIC OWLS

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Good call!

(Though I think the spikes might be helping in the photo you provide.)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I appreciate the response, but I don't want to hurt or scare them away, I want to figure
out why they're watching me in particular and ignoring other people. I'm quite capable
of hurting or chasing them off, but I want to know why they're following me. I'm fully aware
of how paranoid this sounds, but, they look like they're plotting something , I know they're
able to communicate amongst eachother, but to what extent? Could they ever form a coherent
plan? And since there are different groupings of birds, it would suggest communal knowledge
of me and my room to some extent. If they are territorial, could they be trying to move in
on my territory?

I realise I spelt 'psychosis' and 'party' incorrectly, apologies to all readers.
edit on 12-11-2012 by DelegateZero88 because: poor spelling...again

edit on 12-11-2012 by DelegateZero88 because: double negative, god my grammar is off today

edit on 12-11-2012 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I have had bad vibes yes. Pigeons are not known for violence, however since you are seriously creeped out. I am sure there are Hawks or Falcons in your area if there are pigeons, so maybe think about a pigeon buffet?? Invite the Raptors to some plump, juicy, well fed squab

Sorry missed your not wanting to hurt them post. Honestly I do not believe they would ever engage in a plot to harm anyone, they are somewhat simple. I would worry more about the humans around you.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Is this the pigeon that has been following you?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
"They look like they're plotting something."

They're just birds. Seems like they like you.

I used to have some outside my bedroom window as there was a porch roof there. Their sound drove me crazy. The landlords had someone put some sticky stuff on the porch roof that is used to deter them and havn't had problems with them ever again.

Thanks for such a humerous and fun thread!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
They are NOT pigeons.
Haven't you seen THE FOURTH KIND yet? Geesh.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Wait, what? You mean they're aliens? I spend most of my time in the UFO forums
but even that sounds like a bit of a leap to me. They don't have to fly head first into
my window to convince me of their existence, the same could be achieved over a calm
talk with a beer. Same consideration for the 'pigeons are converting you' comment.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
A bucket of soapy water should scare them off for a while.

I actually once had a strange coincidence involving a couple of pidgeons. I was driving back from a friends house a few years back after a long game of poker (it was now morning) and a pidgeon flew right into the windscreen of my car (it had never happened before), now the strange thing was that I went round that same friends house that night to play some more poker, and then when I left his house early the next morning, the exact thing happened again within about 100 metres of it happening the day before. This has never happened again since in any area and I was hardly driving through St Mark's square in Venice at the time so this wasn't a completely pidgeon infested area.

I was driving in the rain, late afternoon, wipers going, when a sparrow came flying right into my vision, looked like someone threw an avian curveball, I mean twirling right out of nowhere SMACK! it stuck right in the windshield wiper as it was wiping about half way up the windshield. I was like wtf... then I couldn't stop laughing. Hope this doesn't mean I'm evil =/

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

edit on 12-11-2012 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

You said there's another room 4 feet from your window. If you hang out in that room, do they fly to that window? Just trying to figure out if it's you or your room that they're attracted to. I know they're watching you while you're in your room, but maybe they're attracted to something else in the room and then they end up staring at the only thing that's moving around--you. Makes sense that they're more interested in watching you rather than, say, a chair. I'm surprised your cat hasn't chased them off--mine would freak out if a bird landed on the window ledge. In fact, maybe they noticed your cat is in that room a lot and they're taunting him. Again, if you're moving around or making more noise than your cat, you become the most interesting thing in the room and their eyes are drawn to you instead.

You mentioned you have bars on your window...maybe they're trying to free you from your "birdcage".

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I used to keep white doves. When the populations got low they pined for company. They would sit on my lawnmower when I was mowing, follow the car when I was driving, come inside and side on the curtains, and even sit on my head when I'm outside (needed a hat).

There's nothing more unusual than they want your company for some reason. It's not spiritual, it's just a twist of nature. You did mention your room is dark and that being the case they see their reflection easier.

But do you realize that by giving them attention you are actually feeding their curiosity.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I know a lot of people are making fun of you (don't listen to them) But I won't because for a few years now I've had the same issue with crows. Actually it's not even an issue anymore because I welcome it. At first it freaked me out but now I enjoy my bird friends. Sometimes they are in groups of 3 to 4 like your situation, or its just one big one, kind of like a raven. I enjoy the company. Don't be scared or 'uncomfortable' because of the pigeons..they are actually pretty cool. Did you know if a pigeon is completely healthy in his life time he doesn't have to sleep? Just a fun random fact. Enjoy the fact your interesting enough to keep these pigeons attention.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Perusing wikipedia, came across a few things:

- Abandoned buildings are favorite nesting areas. Mass nesting is common as pigeons are a community flocking bird; often dozens of birds will share a building. Loose tiles and broken windows provide access, and pigeons are adept at spotting new access points, for example following property damage caused by strong winds. (would explain why there's so many watching you, and why they tried to fly under the bars and into your room)

- Pigeons are particularly fond of roof spaces.

- On undamaged property, the gutters, window air conditioners and empty air conditioner containers, chimney pots and external ledges are used as nesting sites.

- Pigeons can breed very quickly—up to six times a year—and their numbers are determined by how much food is available; that is, they breed more often when more food is provided to them.

- Pigeons mate for life, and are often found in pairs during the breeding season, but usually the pigeons are gregarious preferring to exist in flocks of from 50 to 500 birds (dependent on the food supply).

I think they may have a nest near your window, and the reason they're giving you dirty looks is because they see you as a potential threat to the nest. Both sexes can produce crop milk and care for their babies, who stay in the nest for 28 days. If that's happening 6 times a year and they're mass nesting, that would explain why they're always around your window. I think you should closely examine the outside of your building to see if there's a nest hidden somewhere near your window.

My parents had a problem with squirrels breaking into their attic and keeping them up all night with noise. I did some research and found that it was their mating season, and they tend to make a lot of noise when mating. I bought a nice sturdy squirrel house and had my dad hang it high in a nearby tree. Even though it was about 30 yards from the attic, the squirrels instantly ditched their old nesting spot for this new ideal nesting area. There are squirrels in that thing year round now.

If you do find a nest near your window, you can create a better nesting spot for them in a nearby tree and they'll take to it happily.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join