It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugh. stupid norco pain killers :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just cuz I'm in a funny hysterical mood doesn't mean everyone else is. I stupidly stupidly stupidly said something I thought was funny to a friend and ended up highly offending them and angering them.

lesson learned. Don't joke with anyone while on pain killers. the pain from killing a friendship which was kinda shaky to begin with is not worth it. no pain killers can stop the embarassment and self loathing i feel toward myself right now.

I don't blame em for not accepting my apology. stupid stupid me. stupid me. everyone goofs up. i should have just let it be. im kicking myself hard now. almost in tears. stupid STUPID me.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

a real friend loves you the most when you are at your worst...maybe they weren't such a good friend after all...hugs...you are going through a lot...take it easy on yourself

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'll bite what did you say?

People that break off friendships over this sort of thing are probably not the best friends to have around anyway. Perhaps this is not a horrible loss and should be considered getting rid of dead weight.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
erm.... he's bi openly. and i was like okay, find the hottest guy you can on google. he did and i asked if he'd make out with him and then um said that was a fantasy of mine.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Pain killers make me say things without thinking before speaking..
Like K said, real friends would love you and forgive you even at your worst. If he/she was so quick to throw away your friendship over a silly statement maybe they were not worth it anyways..
Don't beat yourself up, you are going through A LOT.
It takes a big person to forgive even when insulted, if they can't forgive you even after you apologized, forget them and CHEER UP! You don't need any more stress right now adding to your situation.
Like I said in your other thread..Get Well Soon !!

Edit; STOP talking down about yourself like that!! I honestly don't think what you said was that big of a deal, that is his own insecurities to get so upset! Stop bashing yourself sarra, you are NOT a bad person or horrible friend or you wouldn't be feeling like this right now!
edit on 11-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

erm.... he's bi openly. and i was like okay, find the hottest guy you can on google. he did and i asked if he'd make out with him and then um said that was a fantasy of mine.

I'm confused... How is that rude or offensive? I feel like I'm missing something.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Don't be so hard on yourself sugar. At one time or another we have ALL suffered from "foot in mouth" disease! A true friend will realize this fact, and once he cools off this too shall pass. Just hang in there!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I used to be on high levels of Norco. Don't be too hard on yourself, you just have to get used to them. I used to do crazy stuff until I got adjusted mentally to the effects it had on me.

Just tell this guy you're on strong painkillers and didn't mean any of it. If he's a friend, he'll let it go. If he's not, then might as well let him go.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
True true.

I still feel like crap over it.

last time I divulge any fantasies, lemme tell you. xD lesson well learned. No wonder people never let those out. they get bashed more for sharing than anything. Least from what I've read and now experienced.

I'm sure the norco is making me react stronger to this too but still. I feel horrific that it offended him so much.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I'm confused... How is that rude or offensive? I feel like I'm missing something.

Honestly I dont know. I figured it'd get a laugh as we're the most inappropriate folk to ever live.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm really not getting this. I don't have any bi female friends, but if I did and asked one to find the most attractive woman she could and then asked if she would 'make out' with them (I would be far more crass) and then agreed that I would like to have my way with the same woman I would expect a high five instead of anger.

Is this something straight guys don't understand or something?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'm really not getting this. I don't have any bi female friends, but if I did and asked one to find the most attractive woman she could and then asked if she would 'make out' with them (I would be far more crass) and then agreed that I would like to have my way with the same woman I would expect a high five instead of anger.

Must be, not only do I not get what was so insulting.. I don't get why this thread exists.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Well it's in off topic and the OP has been going through a rather hard time as of late to my understanding. I have no problem with her posting and asking questions or venting about an issue.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Feeling any better??

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

This thread exists because it is in the appropriated location, not only that but Our Friend as had some Hard and Troubling times and events happen in her life lately.
Our Friend wants to Rant and ask a question or ask advise, We Will Listen and try our best to assist her in every way, Why,,, She's Part of our Family and you Never Ignore Family, You Always try To Help and Assure Them, We're There For Them!
You did not need to reply to her thread, you could of passed on by and kept your unwarranted comment to yourself!

Sorry, Off Topic.

On Topic, I don't see anything wrong with your comment to this young man, Maybe your just to well Enlighten and Knowledgeable and HIP, for this person and he doesn't deserve your Special Kind Of Friendship if he can't take a Joke.
edit on 11-11-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It seems as though you are going through some tough times. Some friends will stand by you through them, others are what we refer to as "fair weather friends". I hope you hang tough and don't let this other person's seeming insecurity affect you. You obviously have far more important issues going on than a simple misunderstanding. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Take care!!
SK

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Well, I am female and I don't get it either!
Was the OP saying her fantasy was:

1. Watching the two guys make out...
2. Making out with the guy her friend pointed out on the Internet...
3. Making out with her bi - guy- friend himself.

The last one might be one that would make him 'uncomfortable' if he wasn't expecting it. Otherwise...

Sounds like an overly-sensitive friend to me.
edit on 11/12/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join