It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama demands tax rises for rich over fiscal cliff

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by newcovenant

Oh...so you're one of the people who would be willing to destroy value, even without extra revenue, as long as the pain appears to be spread more evenly. Sorry I'm not on board.

You are not on board.

That doesn't surprise me.

We are on the Titanic and you are out on one of the early lifeboats, taken a boat for yourself and don't care or consider the others. And this is "your right" as fitter and faster but you and I will meet ashore and hail your survival while we discuss the death toll and your part in it.

If there are austerity measures I don't think they should be placed upon those who can least afford it.

Tax "income" the same across the board. What's the problem? Start there...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here are some ideas to give our economy and our country in general a much needed shot in the arm. Those who represent us in government could show leadership and make some cuts of their own.

1) Let the people they supposedly represent dictate the wage and raises they receive.
2) If they feel they need secret service protection from those they supposedly represent, let them pay out of THEIR pocket.
3) Disallow any other compensation to them other than wage. Anything gained without the knowledge of the people other than wage shall be considered an act of treason!
4) Medical should be out of THEIR pocket, no exceptions!
Last(for now) but certainly not least...
5) When father time catches up to them and their working careers, let them survive on SS just like any other red blooded American!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

We're talking about an inability to pay our bills, and you're espousing 'fairness' as the solution? That's like trying to steer the Titanic at an angle so the people closest to the lifeboats get hit hardest. Oh look, now we've 'leveled the playing field.'

It's not about spreading the pain. It's about a government that's incapable of living within it's means, no matter how much revenue they take in. It's about a President who was asked point blank in 2008 if he would raise taxes even if it meant less revenue and said 'yes' for the sake of fairness.

Do you understand how wrong that is? A willingness to destroy investment and value, and even revenue, all so his conscience is clean in some strange way?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Go on liberals. Take the money.

Raise taxes.

I suppose this will be the only way to show the rest of America that leftist policies won't work. That they are a failure.

I wonder if the left and Obama will claim ownership for the economy then.

Will the leftists finally take responsibility for the economy?

Will the leftists finaly take ownership for their own policies?

Yeah, That's my feeling also because you can't talk common sense to them they won't listen.
It's like talking to a teenager. They know everything and are ruled by their emotions.

You all got your messiah re-elected so now do what you feel will make America into a utopian land of honey.

When the whole thing crashes down around our ears and we are truly a 3rd world country with millions starving and homeless. Then you can blame it on the other side like is always done.

"Let's try this, it's never been done before" Did you even once think....maybe there is a reason?

Maybe we should use nuclear weapons on a few major American cities to thin the herd....It's never been done before so it's bound to work....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
One must understand exactly what income is,according to precedent and law,before one can be required to pay such "tax".

Everything works two ways,what he said,and what the other guy said,and then who interprets what everyone said.

Depends on which dude has the money to pay the lawyers to say who said what,and the judge.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I've started to move in this direction as well.

I think we can make it to 2016. The problem comes down the road a ways if we stay on the same path. Maybe it's time to just give Obama what he wants and let the people make up their minds.

Liberalism has a big advantage in that they've had 30 years to be 'the grass on the other side of the fence.' There might be only one way at this point to take away that allure.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

No...no you won't.
I have the extra room....you'll bunk here.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The government wants more money to send to another country.

Nothing new here, other then the government thinking they are entitled to other peoples money, then again nothing new there.

Stop sending billions to other countries, and stop wasting billions on "front" companies like First Solar, and maybe the economy wouldn't be so bad.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

No...no you won't.

With the sheep? :p would that make me a sheeple?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by mwood

I've started to move in this direction as well.

I think we can make it to 2016. The problem comes down the road a ways if we stay on the same path. Maybe it's time to just give Obama what he wants and let the people make up their minds.

Liberalism has a big advantage in that they've had 30 years to be 'the grass on the other side of the fence.' There might be only one way at this point to take away that allure.

Good point, let them eat their heart outs.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

We're talking about an inability to pay our bills, and you're espousing 'fairness' as the solution? That's like trying to steer the Titanic at an angle so the people closest to the lifeboats get hit hardest. Oh look, now we've 'leveled the playing field.'

It's not about spreading the pain. It's about a government that's incapable of living within it's means, no matter how much revenue they take in. It's about a President who was asked point blank in 2008 if he would raise taxes even if it meant less revenue and said 'yes' for the sake of fairness.

Do you understand how wrong that is? A willingness to destroy investment and value, and even revenue, all so his conscience is clean in some strange way?

Again I ask you for your credentials in all these "accusations" and discoveries because I and many others see another set of failing principals at work. It is cheating by the rich.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by newcovenant

No...no you won't.

With the sheep? :p would that make me a sheeple?

Wouldn't think of it.
You can sleep in the doghouse!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Taxing the rich more, will never work. And here's why

They are rich. They will move out of the country because they can. They will move to another country that taxes them less, where they can make more of a profit. And then, rather than us getting huge amounts of tax $$$$ from the rich (the 1% provide more tax money to the country than the 99% do combined, even though the 1% are taxed less % of their income wise) we will get $0.00 from them. And then we will really be screwed. So by all means liberals, tax the rich more. Then when the country falls apart, you will reap the fruits of your labor.

Don't think it can happen? Then look at France. They decided a few months ago to start taxing the rich at 70% tax rate, and already the rich are leaving their country.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If the government takes money from someone else and gives it to you, you can't complain when they take it from you and give it to another.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Punishment is not a 'value,' nor is sacrificing investment and creation and revenue so that things 'look fairer' on paper.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What I have come to realize is that the elite do not have to use weather control, toxic gas, bio agents or even bombs to thin out the "useless eaters". The trickle up effect has been working quite well for them and it's effectiveness is increasing exponentially. In case you don't know what the trickle up effect is, the money continuously flows from the poor up to the wealthy and what little splashes out upon some lucky poor is getting more miniscule by the day'

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
If the government takes money from someone else and gives it to you, you can't complain when they take it from you and give it to another.

They never gave me #.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by jimmyx
yeah...making over 20,000 dollars every month, it would be such a strain paying a few more hundred dollars a month in taxes....your life will be ruined.......my heart bleeds

few hundred more huh..........

Love it.........this is why we are in the situation we are in..........

People arent even aware of the numbers

P.S. You can tax whoever you want however much you want.......THEY STILL DONT HAVE A BUDGET!!!! Does that NOT even come into peoples thinmking anymore?

You think any person on the planet would give you a crap ton of money as an investment w out some sort of a PLAN on how its going to work?

The administration and people following lockstep with their "plan" to get us back on track are clearly delusional.....

They cant pass a budget, but are gonna set usright as rain huh?

(sits back to watch the country burn)

edit on 11-11-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

wrong...here's it is
somedisagree.com...
it took me about 30 seconds to find this....i used the internet tubes thingy

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT

They are rich. They will move out of the country because they can. They will move to another country that taxes them less, where they can make more of a profit. And then, rather than us getting huge amounts of tax $$$$ from the rich (the 1% provide more tax money to the country than the 99% do combined, even though the 1% are taxed less % of their income wise) we will get $0.00 from them. And then we will really be screwed. So by all means liberals, tax the rich more. Then when the country falls apart, you will reap the fruits of your labor.

Don't think it can happen? Then look at France. They decided a few months ago to start taxing the rich at 70% tax rate, and already the rich are leaving their country.

so?....with all those tax breaks the wealthy got in the bush years....why didn't we have explosive job growth?.....instead we went into the biggest recession since the depression...........you can say all you want, but reality says different

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by WP4YT

so?....with all those tax breaks the wealthy got in the bush years....why didn't we have explosive job growth?.....instead we went into the biggest recession since the depression...........you can say all you want, but reality says different

I agree with you. However, the problem i have is that any time they talk about raising taxes on the rich, i find theyre lying. The super rich always get custom made tax loopholes. Why does romney pay a lower tax rate than i do? Wtf? Im a little sick of withholdings to the tune of 400 a week!

They always Seem to raise taxes on people making around 50k while making loopholes for the super rich.

By the way, the us requires income tax to be paid on all income made anywhere in the world if youre a citizen. Thats why we have so many expats. But they want expats to pay too for several years now. So even that wont work unless they never plan on returning.... The super rich do have families

Oh yeah, and i found out i will pay the same taxes i pay now all the way up to 86k next year according to current tax rate charts. Guess im good...even though its criminal that romney pays a smaller % of taxes than me
edit on 11-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join