It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be your main weapons in a SHTF Scenario

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
btw im from canada very easy to get fac fire arms certificate and restricted fire arms take 4 to 6 months to get all papper work guys.... or buy sum illegally dont really suggest this way but hey if u have no time or to lazy to...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
My plan is to modify a Nerf gun !

Yes, seriously...There has to be a way ?!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Military surplus m44 with bayonet armor piercing rounds. She's a beast
20 ga shotgun
410 shotgun
30-06 with scope
2-22's
Couple Compound bows
More knives then any one person should own
Machete
Hachet
Mini sledge, full size sledge and couple.axes
HORSES,

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno
Aside from the obvious
"Keeping a level head" answer.

Mine is the Bow and Arrow for range, Ive been practicing my archery and feel quite confident I will be able to survive off of animals in Rural areas of Australia (Already love Kangaroo meat
)

And for close range I have a machete, nothing special but a very useful tool. Quite intimidating too.

I chose these as my Primary Weapons because neither require a great deal of upkeep and a bow and arrow are as stealthy as they are lethal.

I hear a lot about prepping food, what about weapons? Share your weapons Cash Ideas

You guys -_-'' Keeping a level head is using your brain.. I meant weapons!
edit on 10-11-2012 by SageBeno because: (no reason given)

Bows, crossbows, arrows, knives and swords, I am pretty damn good at throwing knives from a distance, and was always good at archery.

ETA: One for the ladies...I hope I am armed with PMS when the SHTF That is like a loaded grenade there, guys, you know it's true men.

edit on 11-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My weapons of choice are "Peace and Good Will".

IF you live by the sword, you'll die by the sword.

IF everyone helps everyone, good things will come about; its a strange sort of magic, but its still the greatest weapon of all, if all are to survive.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Fists never run out of ammo.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

What kind of shtf? I have a 45acp 1911 and a milspec 5.56 ar15 for if the military is used against us. The ar15 can use their ammo, can use m16 parts if it breaks and can use m16 ammo. In such a situation i could see taking the ammo and clips off dead troops. In a pinch i could steal a whole m16, and ill know how to operate it.

Same thing if a foreign army invades. I can go to war alongside troops, share their ammo and steal it off dead guys. maybe swap the whole gun for an m16.

And i know the army no longer uses 45acp but its a better caliber than 556 or the 9mm the army uses.

Zombie apocalypse? Sheeple mass awakening and rioting? Whatever? i have my own stockpile of 556 ammo as well.

Total collapse, i have to live off the land and use almost no valuables, or i dont want people knowing i have firearms? Bow and arrow for sure. And 45acp and 556 for protection. Also have a muzzle loader. As long as you have powder and caps.....the projectile could be anything.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

A good book and a sense of humor.

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

edit on 11-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
As I am trained and my mind is the weapon as has been described,answering these threds and indicating my arms is a violation of OPSEC and I don't give warnings.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You guys never pointed out the obvious!

Cigarettes will be my weapon and for non-smokers, love.

Perfect plan right

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
1x 9mm Pistol
1x .308 Rifle
3x Pump Shotguns
2x .22 Rifles
3x machetes
1x sword
1x axe
1x hachete
3x crowbar
1x extreme zombie slasher (which is one of those ice choppers for sidewalks that I sharpened on all sides, wicked...)

NEED-
1x maul

As you can see, I'm almost done. Guns for me, and guns for other people in my group.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
My Brain: Eyes, ears, nose, and a huge lot of trading items!!!!! And I wont say on this website anymore the list of weapons...Not very trusting right now......

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
www.cabelas.com...|/pc/104791680/c/104693580/sc/104232780/AMS-Bowfishing-Koi-Camo174-Fish-Hawk-Package/1387394. uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fhunting-archery-bowfishing%2F_%2FN-1100052&WTz_l=SEO%3Bcat104232780

Bow with a line attachment.

www.kabar.com...

Kukri

www.berettausa.com...

Beretta .22 with attachable rifle stock kit.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Someone once mentioned on one of these threads, one of the truest nuggets of survival knowledge I think I've ever seen. If it's survival, it's called that because everything has gone wrong and you're absolutely not on the top anymore. In fact, you're making decisions that will lead to your own life or death. hence..the term of course.

So, what the other member had said (and I can't recall who..I should have noted it) was that in a survival situation, you're the rabbit not the hunter. To add my own, if you NEED your weapon and not out trying to hunt other human beings (I'd hope no one here becomes the predator class) then you've already failed. You screwed up. Either your shelter in place became or a;ready IS too well known and so your own sharing information caused a conflict which shouldn't have happened.....or you've done a very bad job at looking like another poor and broken man when you're anything but....outside your own home. ..or perhaps, in this hyopthetical situation...someone just got TERMINALLY STUPID and used a gun.

Why stupid? Well... in the ice storm the dead silence is what I recall most. At night or even during the long days....You could hear traffic from blocks away no one would normally hear. Silence......until.... (KAAAAAAPOW!!!!) ..... Err... Yeah.... That gunshot may have warned of a few...but it made MANY MORE mentally note the location to return later when conditions aren't so..dangerous...because someone there AT LEAST has guns to steal and likely much much more to be shooting people over it!

^^ I gotta throw this out into the thread because it worries me sometimes as people list how they're so heavily armed and ready to kick butt, even Stallone would have to be taken aback and wondering if someone has a screw loose.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a bear
2nd

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

hat gunshot may have warned of a few...but it made MANY MORE mentally note the location to return later when conditions aren't so..dangerous...because someone there AT LEAST has guns to steal and likely much much more to be shooting people over it!

Spoken like someone who doesn't own guns. Stealing guns from guys with guns is not a real good survival strategy. Your idea of hunkering down is spot on. Best to emulate a rabbit. Hunker down, hide and keep quiet if at all possible. But if you don't have guns you wont survive long if someone finds you. If it was real SHTF then it could, unfortunately, be kill or be killed. It's better to have it and not need it then need a gun and not have one.

V

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Brains, charisma and good looks (i wish
), but I'd look not to get into situations where it's possible i could get killed as for some reason it doesn't seem a good idea to me, I'll leave the listing of the guns to the Americans but remember too much choice can be a killer as well as if you have 12 guns on you which one will you pull first?

I've had survival training so it's not to hard to live off the land and I'm sure after a few weeks there will be loads of goodies to pick off the corpses

And gentlemen remember to monitor your ladies hormonal levels as nothing is more psycho than a woman without chocolate at the wrong time of the month

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable

hat gunshot may have warned of a few...but it made MANY MORE mentally note the location to return later when conditions aren't so..dangerous...because someone there AT LEAST has guns to steal and likely much much more to be shooting people over it!

Spoken like someone who doesn't own guns. Stealing guns fromp guys with guns is not a real good survival strategy. Your idea of hunkering down is spot on. Best to emulate a rabbit. Hunker down, hide and keep quiet if at all possible. But if you don't have guns you wont survive long if someone finds you. If it was real SHTF then it could, unfortunately, be kill or be killed. It's better to have it and not need it then need a gun and not have one.

V

I agree with you. Im going to be buying a bugout compound within the next 6 months. Not a bunker, more like a polebarn. You wont see it from the road.
should be awesome waaay before shtf.
edit on 11-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable

Spoken like someone who doesn't own guns. Stealing guns from guys with guns is not a real good survival strategy. Your idea of hunkering down is spot on. Best to emulate a rabbit. Hunker down, hide and keep quiet if at all possible. But if you don't have guns you wont survive long if someone finds you. If it was real SHTF then it could, unfortunately, be kill or be killed. It's better to have it and not need it then need a gun and not have one.

V

It's from someone who has lived around guns their entire life. Now, if some foresee a world where only the good guys have guns or...the good guys always defeat the bad guys when they come to steal them...I'm scared more for our future by that then any sense of bad guys being better.

Specifically.....gunshots do raise attention. Hell, I'd be out trying to find where the gunfire came from if I hear some and would have during the Ice Storm. I did hear generators from more than a couple blocks over. It's amazing what sound does in a city without 90% of what we're used to.

I'm just making an observation on this though. These threads always bring a % of Rambo types who figure having the gun show AR-15 tricked out with everything but a bottle opener for the beer will carry them through. You know what I find hilarious? Ask those gun show rifle experts how many firing pins they have in a tackle box or utility tray? It's not even the fact almost none of the 'tough guys' have one single spare. It's the dumb look I normally get by even asking....as if 'What a dumb question that is! Who needs a spare for that?'

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Bible and faith.....

...then whatever it takes, I have most things....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join