It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host Toure- "Tears of Joy For Me, The White House is Staying Black!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If this presenter had said this on UK television, he would of been fired before the show was even over, and unable to get another job, we don't tolerate racism in the UK, we got past that over 15 years ago.

And i'm amazed some of you are even defending this comment.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

And? A bunch of white people voted for Romney based off his skin color. And a bunch of Mormons voted for him because he was Mormon.

Yes. Great point. It only goes to show how stupid people in this country are.

Instead of voting on issues, and the best person for the job, it only goes to show that people think skin deep!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
If this presenter had said this on UK television, he would of been fired before the show was even over, and unable to get another job, we don't tolerate racism in the UK, we got past that over 15 years ago.

Because I don't think it's racist. It was a play on words and tongue in cheek humor. The UK is too sensitive I guess.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You can't win with them, they are just trolling your thread,
hang tough

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

1. I do think he said it as a joke.

2. If any white person thinks this is racist they need to get over themselves.

Ignoring and making excuses for racism when it comes from black people does not make you more progressive or enlightened. All it does is set the ground work for a new era of racism. Why can't you see that?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by TheMaverick

What a absolutely stupid thing to say, so i'm insecure because i don't find racism (in any form) funny..

Because saying that the white house is black again is racist

Right.

Oh nooooooo a play on words...so racist.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

I think you're missing the point. For one, this is supposed to be a journalist on a news network. Second, he's just promoting this idea that non-whites are superior to whites in some way.That to "keep it black" is the better choice. I thought we were all created equal? He's also promoting race based discrimination. Forget about judging people on character right? It's all about skin color now.

Not to mention this is a network that is constantly using race to advance a political agenda. They've even edited footage of a black man with a gun and tried to claim it was racist white devils out to get Obama.

Oh and look who it is in the video clip? This guy seems to have a serious racial agenda.
edit on 10-11-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Ignoring and making excuses for racism when it comes from black people does not make you more progressive or enlightened. All it does is set the ground work for a new era of racism. Why can't you see that?

Great comment and exactly to the point! Well put, and I couldn't agree more!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

America isn't doing so well on the social scale www.buzzfeed.com...

Let me counter your post with this.

Vile rasist twitter comments from black people

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

1. I do think he said it as a joke.

2. If any white person thinks this is racist they need to get over themselves.

OH man you said a mouthful, when we look through out history how many times have the roles been reversed?

The suppressed become the suppressors.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

How is the White House "staying Black"?

Didnt Obama win?

See what I did there.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Ignoring and making excuses for racism when it comes from black people does not make you more progressive or enlightened

What he said wasn't racist so.....maybe if it were you'd have a point.

For one, this is supposed to be a journalist on a news network. Second, he's just promoting this idea that non-whites are superior to whites in some way.

Yeah..........not seeing that still, sorry.

He's also promoting race based discrimination. Forget about judging people on character right?

Yeah..........not seeing that still

Not to mention this is a network that is constantly using race to advance a political agenda.

Fox does the same thing.......propaganda networks....don't watch them.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by TheOneElectric

America isn't doing so well on the social scale www.buzzfeed.com...

Let me counter your post with this.

Vile rasist twitter comments from black people

All these tweets (on both sides) are quite a bit different then saying the white house is staying black. If the guy had said "no more honky-ass crackers in the white house - now that's not nice.

Regardless, I do believe it was a play on words to say he was glad Obama (who IS black) won the white house. Anything wrong with being glad Obama got the white house? Oh yeah, I forgot, this is ATS.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Regardless, I do believe it was a play on words to say he was glad Obama (who IS black) won the white house. Anything wrong with being glad Obama got the white house? Oh yeah, I forgot, this is ATS.

When the excitement is over SKIN COLOR, yes. What the # is wrong with people? Since when is this obsession with skin color and power normal?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

If you don't think his comment was racist, then you are the problem..

I think maybe you need to read up on what Racism actually is.

Also read this.

Obama won by a few tens of thousands of votes in key states.

He got 92% of the black vote – primarily because of the color of his skin.

primarily because of the color of his skin, that is just completely crazy if this is truly a fact, and could account for the mess america is in right now.
Source
edit on 10-11-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

All these tweets (on both sides) are quite a bit different then saying the white house is staying black. If the guy had said "no more honky-ass crackers in the white house - now that's not nice.

Exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Bunch of ATS'ers over-reacting about absolutely nothing.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by kaylaluv

Umm, I think it was a joke.

Ok then, would a white man get away with that kind of joke ?

yes he would....if he was the first and only white president in the 200+ years of american history...context my friend, context.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I already know the definition of racism k thx.

Saying the white house is staying black is a play on words, it has nothing to do with racial superiority.

You're part of the problem, you are part of the PC brigade where people can't even make racial jokes without being called racist.

OMGZZZZ Chris Rocks so racist, right?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by TheMaverick

As wrong and unprofessional as that is to say, I think it's a response to all the Tee shirts worn at the Romney/Ryan rally that said "Put the White back in the White House!"

Obviously for someone to say such a thing on television is disgusting, but that's how divided we have become. Anyone who says such stupid things should lose their job.

How does saying anything remotely like that help our country?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

LOL, "white house"

Need I continue?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

primarily because of the color of his skin, that is just completely crazy if this is truly a fact, and could account for the mess america is in right now.

lmao, so this guy went around interviewing all the black people that voted for Obama? Did he do it for all the whites voting for Romney too? And all the Mormons voting for Romney?

Black people vote democrat, Obama is a democrat, they would have voted for him over Romney any day, regardless of his skin color. But sure, some did.

If black people voted for just black people then why is Allen West and Herman Cain (republicans) such failures with the black vote?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join