It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of our Ancestors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Everybody dreams. Some dreams have special meanings behind them, some dreams put you in a good mood when you wake up in the morning, some are nightmares that scare the living daylights out of you, and some are lucid fantasy dreams that we create along the way. There are many types of dreams and every dream we have is different and unique, but one thing is for sure... everybody dreams, and it's something we have been doing as a species for a very very long time...

So... what kinds of things did our ancestors dream about? There's no doubt that they were very in tune with nature and the world around them... Because of their deep connection to the earth, were our ancestors able to have extremely vivid, lucid dreams? Did they have more control of their dreams than we do now? While dreaming, were they able to see into the past as well as the future? There's really no way to know for sure what types of dreams our ancestors had, but the curiosity is as potent as a skunk's spray to the face, which is why I must ask the questions to attempt to delve into this topic... as difficult as it may seem.

Perhaps the best clue for trying to piece this puzzle together is to observe ancient cave paintings which give us a glimpse into our ancestors' psyche. There are many ancient cave paintings that are as much enchanting as they are perplexing. Did ancient man communicate with other beings while dreaming (in the spirit world) and put what they saw into paintings and carvings? There are many mysterious ancient drawings of "non-human" looking people and tall beings. Either our ancestors dreamed of this beings and illustrated what they saw in their dreams, or they had actual physical encounters with these beings which... of course, is for a whole different discussion in a different forum...

When we dream, are we actually in the spirit world, open for communication with other beings... or are we just in our own sub-conscious, walled off from everybody else? Did the ancients enter the spirit world on a much more frequent basis than we do now? Did they perhaps even attempt to communicate with people from the future (us)? Did the dreams of our ancestors have a heavy influence on their everyday lives?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I think our dreams are our subconscious...but our subconscious is our connection to a more subtle level of reality, which we share with all others, including what we would call 'spirit-beings.'
edit on 10-11-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I feel they connected with these energies/beings both on the physical level and also on dimensional levels while in dreamtime/theta state/oobe's etc , lsol

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
When we dream, are we actually in the spirit world, open for communication with other beings... or are we just in our own sub-conscious, walled off from everybody else? Did the ancients enter the spirit world on a much more frequent basis than we do now? Did they perhaps even attempt to communicate with people from the future (us)? Did the dreams of our ancestors have a heavy influence on their everyday lives?

It's difficult to say because so much about the nature of dreaming remains a mystery. In my opinion, dreams are more likely the expression of our subconscious desires, manifestations of our greatest fears and a mix of random stuff that happens to occupy our minds during normal waking consciousness. What makes me think we are walled off from everybody else is the fact that we can dream about specific beings while they are awake, or they can experience completely different dreams at the same time that we dream. Everything that happens in dreams seems to be deeply subjective - which explains why we struggle so much to put into words our experiences in dreams.

The idea that dreams involve our communication with spirits in a different realm is an exciting one, but I just don't see any proof from my own experiences.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

The idea that dreams involve our communication with spirits in a different realm is an exciting one, but I just don't see any proof from my own experiences.

Well, that's what the shamans do, although they do that mostly while they are awake... Amazing to think that shamans are also able to "become" a jaguar, snake, eagle etc... and are able to see how those animals see, and feel how those animals feel, if only for a just a brief period of time...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've always been of 2 mindsets concerning the cave drawings. My final thought at this time is they were drawing things that served as a type of warning or reminder for us.

Either what is going to happen to us shortly happened to them and that was their way of recording it or somehow we are all the same and we were giving ourselves clues into the future concerning our existence and possible extinction.

edit on 10-11-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
I've always been of 2 mindsets concerning the cave drawings. My final thought at this time is they were drawing things that served as a type of warning or reminder for us.

Either what is going to happen to us shortly happened to them and that was their way of recording it or somehow we are all the same and we were giving ourselves clues into the future concerning our existence and possible extinction.

edit on 10-11-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

It makes me think... just how much time was spent by our ancestors thinking about the future? I wonder if they had dreams of our present era with all of our big cities and sky scrapers, automobiles, airplanes, etc... it must have blown their minds... I also wonder if they thought of our present time period as good, bad, or neutral... natural progression if you will, that precedes a whole different era that is yet to come...
edit on 11-11-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

It makes me think... just how much time was spent by our ancestors thinking about the future? I wonder if they had dreams of our present era with all of our big cities and sky scrapers, automobiles, airplanes, etc..

If they didn't dream about the future, modern day technology, then their is no other real way to explain these hieroglyphs... is there?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Yeah, I thought about those hieroglyphics while I was writing my OP... did those hieroglyphics hold up? I thought they were altered later on to make them look like a helicopter and submarine... or are they the real deal?...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Unfortunately I believe the mainstream theory is that they are hieroglyph has been "adjusted" over time and rewritten over. Not so much as to alter them intentionally, it actually appears to be quite accidental as to what they depict. You can believe the mainstream or believe what you want. I don't know if I agree with the mainstream...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

I understand.

Then that begs another question.

Were they thinking of the big crafts and infrastructure or us?

I am fascinated with this aspect of this. I think they were thinking of us.

top topics

join