It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Bush want to destroy our economy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Athin

If when you married your wife all the debt she racked up on her became your debt, then yes in that way Bush's spending is now Obama's deficit. Did you buy the stuff? No. Are you now responsible for it? Yes. If people asked you WTF why did you spend so much?...I am sure you would say the cause of this debt was your wife's school loans and you are just paying them off now as best you can. It's like that.

"You are paying them off now as best you can..." Hmmm

Except that is not what Obama did. He went ahead and increased spending using his Gold American Taxpayer Express credit card...to keep up appearances. Instead of economizing and downsizing, he went on a spending spree. So...nice try at an analogy.

2005 $318 Billion Deficit (Bush)

2006 $248 Billion Deficit (Bush)

2007 $161 Billion Deficit (Bush)

2008 $459 Billion Deficit (Bush)

2009 $1,413 Billion Deficit (Obama)

2010 $1,294 Billion Deficit (Obama)

2011 $1,299 Billion Deficit (Obama)

2012 $1,100 Billion Deficit (Obama)

In the last four years of the Bush era, the U.S. ran a combined deficit of $1,186 billion. In the first four years of the Obama era, the combined deficit was $5,106 billion.

In other words, in only 4 years Obama's combined deficit was greater than the combined deficit for all Presidents in total going back to WWII.

www.davemanuel.com...

What it took Bush and everybody else to run up in 65 years - Obama took just one term.

But, yeah sure...it is all Bush's fault, and Obama is just trying to pay off Bush's debts now...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Yeah and back then you could buy a loaf of bread for a nickle.

You do see where your logic is severely flawed when you limit it to dollar amounts without providing what that same dollar amount might be worth today?

We need more of a stimulus to break us out of the rut the economy is in but I guess only the rich people know you have to spend money to make money. The rest of us are stupid or at least overwhelmed with ideas from stupid people.
edit on 10-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by YourWIFI

If you actually believe the dribble coming out of your mouth, you are the product of our federal ran public education system, pathetic and sad.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You do see where your logic is severely flawed when you limit it to dollar amounts without providing what that same dollar amount might be worth today?

We need more of a stimulus to break us out of the rut the economy is in but I guess only the rich people know you have to spend money to make money. The rest of us are stupid or at least overwhelmed with the ideas from stupid people.

Has nothing to do with the massive entitlement program right? Keep spending money and making a bigger debt hole. you cany spend your way out of spending your way out of spending. There has to be a plan, which does not exist, there has to be a means to the END which will come but with a bang, not a balanced budget, there has to be congressmen and women who wont "we will just rasie the debt ceiling every time" like Reid, please watch the news, study history and stop making silly uneducated post.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel

We need more of a stimulus to break us out of the rut the economy is in but I guess only the rich people know you have to spend money to make money. The rest of us are stupid or at least overwhelmed with the ideas from stupid people.

Has nothing to do with the massive entitlement program right? Keep spending money and making a bigger debt hole. you cany spend your way out of spending your way out of spending. There has to be a plan, which does not exist, there has to be a means to the END which will come but with a bang, not a balanced budget, there has to be congressmen and women who wont "we will just rasie the debt ceiling every time" like Reid, please watch the news, study history and stop making silly uneducated post.

It is a whole lot more complicated than you make it out to be Evil.

What massive entitlement program are you talking about?
GE? Halliburton? Exxon? Social Security? What?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is...

Why was Bushy boy so adamant about handing Social Security over to the Wall Streeters?

If he had succeeded, We'd REALLY be in a world of #snip....

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Athin

If when you married your wife all the debt she racked up on her became your debt, then yes in that way Bush's spending is now Obama's deficit. Did you buy the stuff? No. Are you now responsible for it? Yes. If people asked you WTF why did you spend so much?...I am sure you would say the cause of this debt was your wife's school loans and you are just paying them off now as best you can. It's like that.

We need to restore the tax system in place prior to Reagan. The country has been sliding downhill for 20 years. We also need to repeal the Bush Tax cuts for the wealthy and let them expire, keeping them in place for the poor and middle class. We need another stimulus as well as plans to repair our infrastructure and put people to work on the jobs that need doing. Thanks but we don't need any more investment bankers.

So its Bushs fault...because when he became president our debt was at zero. And I did get married, she did have outstanding debt...but I paid it off. I didn't say "Well we owe 10,000 so lets borrow 15,000 to pay off the 10,000 and we will have 5000 to spend".

And restore the tax system prior to Reagan? So you want to tax the rich at a rate of 50%? I would love for Obama to do that! Then when companies have massive MASSIVE layoffs and the economy steamrolls into a depression I can point at liberals and just smile.

Why do we need plans to restore our infrastructure? The stimulus took care of all that for us. Oh wait... it was supposed to but it didn't.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Running ads on Mexican TV? I'd love to see one of those ads. I am not saying they don't exist, they might but who has anything to gain by this? It does neither party any good. What would be interesting and that I expect to find is a set-up blaming everyone but the guilty. The guilty might be farm owners looking for cheap labor.
Paragraph one is just wrong and you admit it is not fact checked so I won't get into it but more people were eligible for food stamps. That's true. Think about that. More people were eligible. Which means the country's largest growing faction is the poor. We can blame them for it but that will do little to solve the problem.

Half the country is not paying for the other halves bill....that missing money has been skimmed off by the wealthiest 1% and within that group there is an upper echelon who make up 1% of 1%.
Through loopholes and amendments that serve only themselves they are hording, stealing and sucking money out of the economy - money that previously was used to help balance gross inequities and care for the poor and destitute.

As useless as your neighbor sounds I would not believe all the BS she tells you she gets for free and I would not trade places with her for a minute. Even if she could find child care she could afford and go out and work #1 there are no jobs and #2 Minimum wage is not going to pay her bills. She is probably selling her food stamps now and screwing someone for the electric and rent. It is a moot point being that there are no jobs out there and sad that peoples lives have amounted to this but you can't blame Obama for that either. For the first time in so many years Obama has stepped in and instituted some of the strictest measures to actually prevent Welfare Fraud and abuse to the system saving that program millions that has been better used to provide for those who really need it.

Don't blame the poor or the rich and don't blame Obama.
Blame the system designed to benefit the rich and then change the system.

Mexican radio, not tv.
www.foxnews.com...

The Obama admin. is meeting with Mexican officials to enroll illegals on food stamps. The reason is simple... and you saw it at the polls last week. Liberalism at its finest.

I know for a FACT she gets all of that. She is good friends with my wife and she has shown my wife what she gets. And Obama can do whatever he wants to prevent fraud and make himself look good... but it doesn't help when he removes work requirements to welfare.

I don't understand how you don't see him for what he is. A slave master. He's the same with almost everyone in both major political parties. Hook people on the system and enslave them. When you realize Obama is the enemy ALONG WITH the Mitt Romneys in our political system you will start seeing the world for what it really is. One giant plantation operated by the elite.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Athin because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2012 by Athin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

We need more of a stimulus to break us out of the rut the economy is in but I guess only the rich people know you have to spend money to make money. The rest of us are stupid or at least overwhelmed with ideas from stupid people.

2005 $318 Billion Deficit (Bush)

2006 $248 Billion Deficit (Bush)

2007 $161 Billion Deficit (Bush)

2008 $459 Billion Deficit (Bush)

2009 $1,413 Billion Deficit (Obama)

2010 $1,294 Billion Deficit (Obama)

2011 $1,299 Billion Deficit (Obama)

2012 $1,100 Billion Deficit (Obama)

Could you buy a loaf of bread in 05 for a nickel? 06? 07? 08?
The numbers are staring you right in the face and you STILL don't see them?
Month before the election unemployment fell to what... 7.8%? Obama says "see my ideas are working". Next month it goes right back up.

When will you finally realize these policies are killing us?
Do yourself a favor... for the next 4 years why don't you write down how much you spend on food. On gas. On electricity. When you see how drastic these things are rising you might start to panic... and hopefully it will finally hit you.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Um, you do realize that it is due to our deficit and out of control spendig that bread is no longer a nickel, right?

You do see that your logic is severely flawed when you don't take into consideration the reason the dollar is worth so much less, right? Do you know what causes inflation?

You do realize that more stimulus will actually send us into more of a rut, right? I wasn't paying a nickel for bread, when Obama was first elected, but I was paying a buck or less. Now, I can't find a loaf for less than 3 bucks.

More stimulus money will cause today's $3 loaf of bread to be $6 or $30 or $300...who knows how much bread will cost We won't be able to even speculate as long as the administration keeps spending like there is no tomorrow (they know something we don't?) and they refuse to pass a budget.

I don't know about you, but family is still getting paid like we did four years ago. Yet, EVERYTHING has increased in price. Some items are 200-300% more than they were four years ago.

I'm stressed right now, trying to figure out how in the world we are going to be able to make it past January 2013. I sure hope savior Obama has something up his sleeve to help us little peasants.
edit on 11-11-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
When did it stop being the buck stops here or taking responsiblity and go to blame someone else? It seems that after 4 years, the blame for the state of the country still goes back to the previous administration and no one in the current administration wants to take responsibility for the actions and policies that they have passed in the past 4 years. I think that the POTUS needs to actually be a leader and admit both his sucesses and his failures, along with that some of those failures are not the other guys fault, but his own.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
the stimulus money comes from obamas magical money tree, so you know. bring on the stimulus!

because paying off debt with more debt is the road to prosperity.

if youre a dumbass.

and what policies of bush caused the economy to crash the way it did?

pretty sure it was the housing bubble that caused it. and those bad mortgages wouldnt have existed like they did without garbage like the community reinvestment act. which was clinton i believe?

the stupid libs in govt forced banks to give loans to people who when they shouldnt have been eligible. that was absolutely not bushs fault. it crashed under his watch yes, he did not cause it. could he have done more to help prevent it? maybe. i believe mccain and some others tried and i think bush is on record as saying that the banks needed to be better regulated because of all they were doing with the bad loans.

no matter what, it all boils down to all the people who signed up for the stupid, terrible termed loans are to blame. not even the banks. the banks didnt make up the borrowers or force anybody to sign, the people went to the banks and signed the damn mortgage papers. probably around 30 times for each loan. it takes like an hour to go through and you sign and initial a ton of papers.... ample opportunity to ask questions or you know, read what they are signing? nahhh

personal responsibility folks. banks did what they were being forced to do and things went to crap because people took advantage of something they thought was great but apparently didnt understand the slightest bit about.

and now obama and his ilk want to make these people who recklessly signed things out to be the victims and turn everyone against people who are successful?

people have lost their minds.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

I don't think you realize how cyclical this all is and how you can blame "greed" for it all.
Not the poor, not entitlement but pure and simple greed.
People with EVERYTHING WANTING MORE.
And the people they pay to skew things in their favor.

You just have no idea how a stimulus works so that tells me you are poor or have no flair for economics nor understanding of how money is spent and the economy is driven. You can push the car but you will never get it going on its own without jump starting it. Our economy is like that engine.

and they refuse to pass a budget.

The Republican Congress.

Did you ever really expect them to do anything except protect rich peoples money - like rottweilers?

After all, that is what this Nation is about, consists of and is made up of right? Rich people.

At least that is who pays them to do their jobs
and why they refuse to cooperate with the "little people."

This is why they always throw the worker, the employee, women under the bus,

...to protect their bosses, the Company owners and CEO's

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

People have lost their minds?
You are putting pride and prejudice over economic prudence.

the stimulus money comes from obamas magical money tree,

It comes from China. We are getting it for like a penny on every hundred bucks and who gives a crap if we ever pay it back. You don't let your people starve.
edit on 11-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

There has always been a law that investment and savings banks could not gamble with peoples savings in other kinds of banking services and structures. When that SAFETY PUT IN PLACE FOR A GOOD REASON WAS DROPPED - ALL HELL BROKE LOSE IN BANKING. Yes, it was totally their fault, along with de-regulation and getting rid of Glass-Steagall which offered protection against what actually happened with the housing market collapse and bundled securities. It is why we had to have the bank bail out. Needs to be enacted so it doesn't happen again.

Understanding How Glass-Steagall Act Impacts Investment Banking and the Role of Commercial Banks

The Glass-Steagall Act was enacted to remedy the speculative abuses that infected commercial banking prior to the collapse of the stock market and the financial panic of 1929-1933.
Many banks, especially national banks, not only invested heavily in speculative securities but entered the business of investment banking in the traditional sense of the term by buying original issues for public resale. Apart from the special problems confined to affiliation three well-defined evils were found to flow from the combination of investment and commercial banking.

Repeal of Glass-Steagall Caused the Financial Crisis

James Rickards is a hedge fund manager in New York City and the author of Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis from Portfolio/Penguin.

The oldest propaganda technique is to repeat a lie emphatically and often until it is taken for the truth. Something like this is going on now with regard to banks and the financial crisis.

The big bank boosters and analysts who should know better are repeating the falsehood that repeal of Glass-Steagall had nothing to do with the Panic of 2008.

In fact, the financial crisis might not have happened at all but for the 1999 repeal of the Glass-Steagall law that separated commercial and investment banking for seven decades.

If there is any hope of avoiding another meltdown, it's critical to understand why Glass-Steagall repeal helped to cause the crisis.

Without a return to something like Glass-Steagall, another greater catastrophe is just a matter of time.

edit on 11-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Bush did it that's all I hear. He becomes more of a GOD as time goes on
Get over yourselves take responsibility for your actions

Is Bush still President ? No, he has been retired at his compound in Austin TX

This is out of hand

so let me get this striaght...it's the smart businessman that can survive in this economy and make profits, but if a business fails, it's Obamas fault . if a business fails, it's due to it owners, not a political figure, unless there was direct involvment in sales or profits.
case in point...solyndra fails.... obamas fault, all of the other successful solar power companies that are making it....good hard-nosed businessmen. can't have it both ways
and having owned a business, i know for a fact that there are alot business owners that DO NOT do research, manage sales,employees, and profits wisely.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Apparently YOU don't understand how a stimulus works.
Where is Obama getting all this money to put into the private sector?
THE PRIVATE SECTOR!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I wonder if I understand you completely. I agree with you that Solyndra's failure was not due to Obama, but I don't know of anyone arguing that.

Any time a new business opens, a risk is taken. The risk can be reduced with careful research, planning, etc., but risk is always there regardless of the "smartness" of the businessman.

The difficulty many have with Obama's projects is that the research wasn't done, or, as in the case of Solyndra, was ignored. Obama took the risks with taxpayers' dollars that the taxpayers themselves didn't want to take. The businesses failed in vast numbers and the money was lost. Well, not exactly lost, a lot of it went to investors and CEOs who happened to be Obama supporters.

Obama shouldn't have been investing in private companies, especially since experienced investors wouldn't touch the stuff. That's the objection.

But, if I misunderstand you, please correct me.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I don't think you realize how cyclical this all is and how you can blame "greed" for it all.

You just have no idea how a stimulus works so that tells me you are poor or have no flair for economics nor understanding of how money is spent and the economy is driven. You can push the car but you will never get it going on its own without jump starting it. Our economy is like that engine.

The Republican Congress.

Did you ever really expect them to do anything except protect rich peoples money - like rottweilers?

After all, that is what this Nation is about, consists of and is made up of right? Rich people.

Google "trying to pass a budget" and be mezmorized at the numerous articles of different REPUBLICANS trying to pass a budget. Democrats and the Obama administration WILL NOT ALLOW IT.
But since none has been passed I guess it's easier to blame republicans. Even when he had FULL CONTROL his first 2 years in office. Blame republicans because you know... it's still bushs fault and all...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

The Republican Congress.

Google "trying to pass a budget" and be mezmorized at the numerous articles of different REPUBLICANS trying to pass a budget. Democrats and the Obama administration WILL NOT ALLOW IT.
But since none has been passed I guess it's easier to blame republicans. Even when he had FULL CONTROL his first 2 years in office. Blame republicans because you know... it's still bushs fault and all...

Is this the way you think?

Pass a budget....pass a budget

... like trying to take a dump before you reach the toilet.

Don't you think before Republicans try to pass a budget...
they have to sit down with Democrats (etc) and determine priorities?

How can you pass a budget without agreeing on your priorities first?

I think long before Dems and Reps run out of things they agree are priorities, they will run out of money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join