It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen of ATS, as we all know, we are at a time of depression, and war. People all over the the country are in distraught over the recent election and what has been taking place since the election.

But I am not here to discuss politics. And so, I now give you a "way out" if you will.

Over the last 2 years in particular, I have seen multiple threads like: "Obama is a bad guy, he taxes the crap out of the middle class" or "Obama is starting wars in Iran" The point is, there is too much negativity in this country.

Bare with me here for a second, and you might learn that the power of thought is truly a powerful thing.

Every time you make a post, a rant or video. Downing the leaders of this country, no matter who it is, you are creating a negative "vibe" for this planet. When that happens, and enough people around the world think the same thing, things WILL literally start going to sh!t.

I know there have been threads about this before, and so I am making another to keep this going!

We as a country, need to start focusing on the positive things in life. Instead of bashing a Senator or President, start talking about things that can change this country for the good. This will raise the vibration of the planet and good things WILL start coming our way.

The mayans and native americans have been trying to tell us this for years, and the 2012 shift that is coming up is centered around this. So please, start creating positive ideas for the country. And stop thinking that this country is "done for". That type of thinking WILL bring us to our ultimate destruction.

edit on 9-11-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
But Obama starting a War with Iran is a BIG deal and im pretty sure that my power of thought wont stop a nuclear missile,traveling at over 10,000 mph, from blowing me to pieces
edit on 9-11-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
But Obama starting a War with Iran is a BIG deal and im pretty sure that my power of thought wont stop a nuclear missile from blowing me to pieces

Do not misunderstand what I am trying to say. Of course if big things like him nuking people, or him starting a huge war; then it is a big deal. I am talking about reforming the country.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

But Obama starting a War with Iran is a BIG deal and im pretty sure that my power of thought wont stop a nuclear missile,traveling over 10,000 mph, from blowing me to pieces

Technically a nuke would just melt you but yes i agree

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would like to point out that thoughts only have an effect on those who think them. No magical vibes are sent out across the globe.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

isnt that what we been trying to do? reform the country. The best ways to get the idea of Good vibes to spread across America is to apply it on Television, advertisements, commercials, internet. And destroy shows like FAUX News and The Kardashians which poison our brains

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
I would like to point out that thoughts only have an effect on those who think them. No magical vibes are sent out across the globe.

And I would like to point out that even though you are incredibly wrong, you are entitled to your opinion.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I was just talking about this on another thread. It seems people just don't get it all. I believe thought to be one of the most powerful forces in the universe. It's how we create. We can create a peaceful planet anytime we want to. I guess we just don't want to at this point.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by WiindWalker

isnt that what we been trying to do? reform the country. The best ways to get the idea of Good vibes to spread across America is to apply it on Television, advertisements, commercials, internet. And destroy shows like FAUX News and The Kardashians which poison our brains

You would think, but it seems that there are still many people who see this country as a failure, and that it is going to fail.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

We as a country, need to start focusing on the positive things in life. Instead of bashing a Senator or President, start talking about things that can change this country for the good. This will raise the vibration of the planet and good things WILL start coming our way.

The mayans and native americans have been trying to tell us this for years, and the 2012 shift that is coming up is centered around this. So please, start creating positive ideas for the country. And stop thinking that this country is "done for". That type of thinking WILL bring us to our ultimate destruction.

I agree and disagree...I believe collective thought focused on a single perspective is power and can manifest that perception...HOWEVER...positivity is relative...what I think would be positive to others would be horrible and vice-verse because of this...simply saying...."think positive" is futile as its not a collective or universal perspective.

For some the destruction of the US and its corrupt system is a positive thing...when they think of this its not negative...it is a great relief a step in the right direction etc...and for others its just the opposite...so telling them to focus on what they think is positive doesn't make much sense.

I am very positive...every day I think about a world without presidents, leaders, politicians, rules, emperors, and dictators. Every day I think of and dream of a world without control, authority or power in its existence...THIS is positive for me...

the problem is that is nightmarish for others...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

But Obama starting a War with Iran is a BIG deal and im pretty sure that my power of thought wont stop a nuclear missile from blowing me to pieces

Do not misunderstand what I am trying to say. Of course if big things like him nuking people, or him starting a huge war; then it is a big deal. I am talking about reforming the country.

Reforming the country with positive thinking? Right....

So how do we proceed...mantra, directed visualization, OM, AUM, etc.?

I think my circle of friends would prefer to get naked, drink tequila, eat brownies, beat drums, dance and think positive. I just extended an invitation for you to join us if you want. Peace thru erotica, hedonism and ritual, if you will; it's an acquired taste but it works if you aren't afraid of being tickled pink.

Praise Bob
edit on 9-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

.....and here we go. The moment the topic is associated with magic, it's ridiculed. Congratulations, MisLesanthrope or whoever you are, you run the risk of crashing the thread because you're discussing a subject you know nothing about. I'm getting really, really, really tired of people who do that.
edit on 9-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

I agree and disagree...I believe collective thought focused on a single perspective is power and can manifest that perception...HOWEVER...positivity is relative...what I think would be positive to others would be horrible and vice-verse because of this...simply saying...."think positive" is futile as its not a collective or universal perspective.

For some the destruction of the US and its corrupt system is a positive thing...when they think of this its not negative...it is a great relief a step in the right direction etc...and for others its just the opposite...so telling them to focus on what they think is positive doesn't make much sense.

I am very positive...every day I think about a world without presidents, leaders, politicians, rules, emperors, and dictators. Every day I think of and dream of a world without control, authority or power in its existence...THIS is positive for me...

the problem is that is nightmarish for others...

Touche!!

I did not pull into count that there are people who want the current system to fail. That obviously would be a positive thing for them, I agree.

However, I still think that we can, as a whole, come together and come up with a positive solution going forward.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

.....and here we go. The moment the topic is associated with magic, it's ridiculed. Congratulations, MisLesanthrope or whoever you are, you run the risk of crashing the thread because you're discussing a subject you know nothing about. I'm getting really, really, really tired of people who do that.
edit on 9-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Dont worry, his ignorance will not deter this thread in any shape or form.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
As far as magic/science is concerned. I like to think of it like this.

Cellphones? That is magic. I know it's not actually magic but 100years ago it would have been considered magic.

Like we have only really been in the technological age for what like

new topics

top topics

join