It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to replace God with aliens?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Jesus was an alien by the very definition of the word: a being from a place not of the planet Earth.

Done. Now all Christians inherently believe that at least one alien exists.

Now, take a look at evidence of bacteria cells in space, along with oxygen and nitrogen eco-systems and it's hard to refute that there is, in fact, life in outer space. Those bacteria cells are by definition living beings not living on the planet Earth.

Double done. Any scientifically-minded Christian must now recognize that there are more than one alien: aliens exist... even if they aren't an organized super-race bent on enslaving and controlling (or helping) earthlings.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by twoandthree

Earth - not a closed system.

Universe - closed system.

There are no aliens in this universe.

Done Done Done.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If Aliens do appear, it will most likely be demonic manifestations. Aliens sound like a nice cover story for the rapture. Maybe they are the new Nephelium.

Rapture occurs. Huge ships appear in the skies, and the anti christ speaks on behalf of our space brothers saying that the people missing were removed to another place because they were holding back humanity.
edit on 11-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by namine

And what if the Aliens worship a God ?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Either that or God has captured himself in a closed system.

We've gone from The Matrix to Tron in a very short space here!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by namine

Watch this and your opinion of the Ancient Aliens Theorist's credibility might change!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well, I am a christian and have been a long time. I have read the bible and believe that jesus was an ET based on the bible's writings. I have believed this a long time and find it incredulous that other christians don not see it this way and would rather believe in a mystical version of their deity.

So, there are christians that know in their souls the truth of christ's origin and meaning of his life on earth. It does not demean him in any way but rather gives a higher perspective of who humans are, our origins, our capabilities, and our destiny as brethren of the the galactic community. Love was Jesus' message and it resonates today as the answer to all problems and we, earthlings should remember we are made up of all the elements that make up the stars. We ARE star children. So was Christ.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iggy50

Well, I am a christian and have been a long time. I have read the bible and believe that jesus was an ET based on the bible's writings. I have believed this a long time and find it incredulous that other christians don not see it this way and would rather believe in a mystical version of their deity.

And here is what sickens me. Well, part of what sickens me. Part (?) in a long series of installments. There are so many possible interpretations, each of them sounding as likely as the next, that it's incredible to think that anyone would put stock in any of the stories and not just say, "To hell with it, I'm gonna be Taoist" or whatever.

And we wonder why there are so many atheists. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that when we look at atheism, it doesn't resemble a giant game of 'let's invent a really cute story that will make us feel better, regardless of whether it sound the least bit sane'. Or maybe - well, I could list a dozen reasons, but it wouldn't make a difference.

I can't believe the human race is so retarded. And you know what saddens me most? The fate of this planet rests in our hands. I hate it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
At the moment both are difficult to prove, at present both are belief and faith, until that is when one of them decide to show themselves but even then how would you know its not a fake illusion to trick the masses? Will we ever know?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
2 Timothy 4:2-4

King James Version (KJV)

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I would suggest reading first and second Samuel and see if you see the slightest amount of parallel with as far back as you can remember from childhood.
Nations coming to power, falling from power, the powerful of the earth living and dying, and the plans of Man.
There's nothing for most of you in Christianity, you will never accept it, nor will you ever humble yourselves to sound advice. So be it.... All this stuff you look for is called Baal...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I will be happy when the entire belief system revolving around a 'God' is dispelled in it's entirety.

Firstly, the god mentioned in the stories is a mean dude (plagues and suffering), a racist ('my people'), a hypocrite (ignores his own commandments - murders ruthlessly) and has absolutely no concern for us whatsoever - just look at the world we live in.

Secondly, for their to be a God in the sense it is written makes no sense. An omnipresent, omnipotent being with the power to control EVERYTHING and ALL - doing nothing... This God also 'needs' worship - Worship me or burn forever in the depths of hell (which I created muhahaha).

Then, If there is such a force - where did that force originate, what created God? - Purely philosophical given that our best guess of origination is a 'big bang'. Which then of course begs the question what was before the bang.

I will also be happy when the entire belief system revolving around 'aliens did it' is dispelled in it's entirety.
They are there is my personal belief, where 'there' is is another level of discussion altogether.

Every shred of evidence points of the ancients being incredibly more capable that any mainstream scholar gives credit for, however, this does not mean aliens. At all. The alien theory is just as crazy as the God one, although infinitely more logical.

Something that has crossed my mind is that a lot of the great scientists of our recorded historical period were known to have studied some of the surviving records of pre history. Perhaps they got their inspiration from them?

God is a shield for ignorance and tool for abuse.
- What's that you need help? - Turn to God, I'm too wrapped up in my own bubble to help.
- It was an act of God - Tough # mate, you should'a said more prayers.
- In the name of God - Charge!
- Jihad allah akbar allah akbar - f*in lunatics

Although, in keeping with the OP's original statement - Sure call God an alien if you believe it that, but wow, at least think about the whole for yourself. Think how the world would might be if there was never any mention of God or religion? We would most likely be in the 'one world government' rockin our spaceships in singularity drive round the universe and beyond - and if you say, no way the corporations would be running the world....well turn on your tv for 15 minutes and try to avoid an advert.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by namine
It seems every Christian I've spoken to snubs the mere thought of aliens from other solar systems.

ex·tra·ter·res·tri·al
adjective
1. outside, or originating outside, the limits of the earth.

God (Bible God), by definition, is an extraterrestrial. So, if one believes in God, one not only believes in aliens, but that God is one too.

By definition, any entity outside of planet Earth is extraterrestrial. His form was described in Daniel and Revelation:

Daniel 10:6 His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

Revelation 1 14His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

This is His extraterrestrial form. Humans were created after His image, but, only made of a "watered down" version we call flesh to conform to this "physical" dimension.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
I believe the religious texts say that god resides above as he does below. God is within all and everything, because all that exists does so at the will of god. Life exists elsewhere but to say that it could replace god is just silly. It would not even exist without god.
edit on 9-11-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

God is above all.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Why would a demon be so silly to take form of a creature 'unknown' while he could possess a person?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by budengland

This is what sickens me. You go to bed at night and create a matrix everytime you dream. You create one everytime you think of what your gonna do 3 hrs from now. Because you see it because you live it in your brain.

You have proven god.

When scientists discovered '___' they proved god.

Any et with the capabilities of interstellar travel believes in god. Maybe that's why there watching earth!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

As long as you are slightly more specific...Nobody Wants to think that we were created by a reptilian

But seriously I think we are indeed coming to that point.
Also, I think in time we will realize his greatness will be the most accurate part of the modified story we've been told..

Just that only now is there even the slightest chance that this will be accepted....

tom

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

They must have extremely low standards then. I cannot imagine any halfway intelligent species even considering comparing our race to anything remotely divine. Not at this time, anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just a note, the word translated Heavens in the bible, is plural of the word Sham. Sham can be used as the English word name, but the actual meaning of Sham, is...to locate, as a name is how you are located. That being in context. Outside of using it as that, it means,...to locate. So the area above us is known as...the locators.
The stars, moon etc. which allow us to locate our position geographically and time wise.
So when it says that God lives in the heavens, it means not on earth.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Did anyone see the story on how cubes are orbiting the sun getting ready to come and destroy us?
Come on, its pixel variations. Really, they are not even cubed shaped.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Beings being able to travel through time and space, appear and disappear at will and seem unaffected by age.

Sounds like angels to me. What was that bit about God being replaced by aliens again?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join