It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to replace God with aliens?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sometimes I think of God like the Oa Guardians of the Universe (a first race of beings) like in the Green Lantern comics. I mean in this big universe there had to be "a first race" that didn't destroy themselves. Think of the movie 2001:a space odyssey. Those beings that sent out the monoliths. They were sure god like. I think about that also. It can be thought about in ways that equal our "the human race" current advancements at the time we're in (like in the present we can imagine what we currently have knowledge of, an equate advanced beings or gods with that knowing what we know). Its really vast.

The end

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Science today allows for aliens, but not Bible God, so aliens can't be considered fairy tales in the same light.
reply to post by namine

Science allows for aliens but not for God, is current among modern scientists? Oh, not true at all! Many are convinced that the deeper you go, or for every extent you test there is a "further" element to explore, and the greatest of scientists are often humble thinkers "for they have tasted the fruit". This leads many directly to the conclusions of an intelligent design as self-evident in nature. It's a matter of perspective.

List of Christian thinkers in science
en.wikipedia.org...

Famous Scientists Who Believed in God

Belief in God - Is belief in the existence of God irrational? These days, many famous scientists are also strong proponents of atheism. However, in the past, and even today, many scientists believe that God exists and is responsible for what we see in nature. This is a small sampling of scientists who contributed to the development of modern science while believing in God. Although many people believe in a "God of the gaps", these scientists, and still others alive today, believe because of the evidence.

Rich Deem

www.godandscience.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
"Is it time to replace God with aliens?" Huh?........ I suppose if he is not from this world originally and doesn't have citizen papers, he technically is an alien

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

I see where you are coming from, but I thought I'd made it clear the God I've been referring to is "God" as described throughout the Bible. I see Einstein made your list, however he did not believe in that "God", but rather a "God of order." And I realize there are scientists who believe in a "God of the gaps", but that is quite different to the concept proposed in the scriptures, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

God (Bible God), by definition, is an extraterrestrial. So, if one believes in God, one not only believes in aliens, but that God is one too.

Negative - God is not a species. And can only be alien to those who alienate him. Can your Mother and Father be aliens to you ? What have you created that considers you an alien ?

Is it time to replace the Creator with the creation ?

Where is the power to do so ?
edit on 10-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I agree the microcosm does not supersede the macrocosm though they are one. Infact everyone is god. Some are just chosen to be more shamanistic then others,
edit on 10-11-2012 by Manunnaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Manunnaki

Chosen ?
Does not this word demand personage ?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So replace one mythological creature with several?

No proof either exist...I mean the odds are pretty good there may be life out there..but visiting here...NONE.

All we have are stories from a few kooks and nutbars who have no proof to back anything they say.

edit on 10-11-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You have to look at it like this. Everyones life is an experience is it not? If we are living experiences. Is it not safe to say that at some point in your soul's existence you could have committed mass murders as an example.

You are here experiencing. And does it not make sense like a video game the more you die the further you get through the game? You figure it out with every step. That's why we have incarnates we call old souls is it not?

Seems like they been playing in this Electronic Arts video game (Spiritual Matrix) for quite sometime.

With shamanism would come great responsibility. Would you knowing grant someone whose mathematical equation in other words. They are them. They will only make the choices they will make in life because they are who they are and who they will become.

With that said if the person has a throw away life. Not that it's not important or they don't share a part of god like everyone else.

It's just that we individuals who are not out wearing our incarnate flesh (vessel) for the soul. To do huge amounts of disrupting other individuals like a murderer would. We would say that they had a throw away life.

Infact they had a greater purpose. Maybe it was to teach them something. They could be starting on level 1 after all. They just now turned there 360 on. We don't know. But we can speculate. God has to know what he's doin.

So you wouldn't hand them shamanism unless that was apart of the learning curve. Most of your shamans are gonna be souls that been around for awhile. And why not they earned that upgrade did they not?

So yeah chosen is a bad word when looking at from your point of view and it's not wrong because in a sense it is disrespectful to other players of the game.

But in an existence of experience. Everyone gets they're turn.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
YES!

I prefer the term "Off Planet Beings".

I believe the War in Heaven was a real war between Off Planet political powers over control of Earth.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Interesting

But in an existence of experience. Everyone gets they're turn.

Universe -

Uni - Unus - one.

Verse - (Latin) versus - turn
Or (english) verse - a particular line in a poem. God spoke the uni-verse into existence.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Now check this out. We call it a universe and ofcourse this must be a multiverse. With multiple dimensions. That's plain to see. but we are actually correct in calling it a universe because it all correlates to the same creator.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Of course, your subject statement/question is off the mark of the actual situation.

More generally, the answer is that Science will replace God as eventual evidence of aliens either far or near (in the UFOs) will shock religions so hard that many will drop away to be mere enclaves of out-dated thought.

Of course, also, debates argued here will only skim the surface of your thread and never get into what contact with more highly evolved races can give us as to the real meaning of our own destiny.

I can't give here an argument that most detracters or the uninformed supporters will accept. All I can do is to point into an area where they need to allow their thinking to enter. That gateway of forward thinking is suggested in Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End. Basically, it is the blueprint--or bible, if you will--for what will eventually transpire long after those of us present today have passed.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

I think by replace god with aliens you want to aknowledge that the microcosm is infact an alien to the earth right?

Because the only way the Microcosmic soul to exist in relation to the Macrocosm the soul has to have been around for a very long time therefore making him an et.

Which means many vessels have been worn by this soul. But we cannot supersede the universe with the universes creation.

Am I right here?
edit on 10-11-2012 by Manunnaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Once science discovered dmt and realised it appears everywhere in nature and is the cause of your dreams at night they proved god.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

Your dream has some valid points here, EX. in order for someone to even know about infinity morphing, they must have at least been through one other dimension, in order for one to have gone through all the forms of infinity morphing, they must have been through all infinities, realities, existences, non existence, the sum of the two, the lack there of, simultaneously become before and after infinity and thought effect before cause, therefore, only, effect. There has been a recent discovery by a fox news team catching an unidentified air craft that has achieved only the first form of infinity morphing to near perfection.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadLights
reply to post by randyvs

Now check this out. We call it a universe and ofcourse this must be a multiverse. With multiple dimensions. That's plain to see. but we are actually correct in calling it a universe because it all correlates to the same creator.

Okay, but a universe is a closed system where time is measured by cyclical motion of objects with'in the system.
Our universe is three dimensional. Obviously God is not limited to three dimensions so he must exist outside of this closed system. I think this is where we can see how, what seem to be miracles or magic to us, can manifest according to Gods will. He is affecting the system from outside the system.

Either that or God has captured himself in a closed system.

Go'in deep.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

imagine our solar system as a blood cell. now it's not hard to imagine our universe as a blood cell. Obviously there are many more as a brain couldn't stay alive without sufficient sustinance and maintenance.

So what I'm saying is instead of pointing out all the different ones which are countless. Aknowledge the whole system as one verse.

And so the word was spoken with one voice even if it had many tones....

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

nd so the word was spoken with one voice even if it had many tones....

Matches my imagination perfectly.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by namine
Is it time to replace God with aliens?

The time has looooooooong passed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join