It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel disgusted--used..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I don't have anywhere else to rant or anyone else to hear my complaints..so if you don't mind.

I have these two friends (that are sisters - ages 38 and 37). The oldest one got into an accident about 5 years ago and broke both bones in her lower leg..She laid up for about 2 years while having some surgeries to help the bones mend..and now is on disability because she says it's too painful to work@@...she is constantly complaining of no money and disability not being enough--she has had fundraiser after fundraiser for her leg surgeries..YET she has taken 3 vacations to Jamaica, Mexico and another Island in the Caribbean.

Now on to her sister-she found out she had a tumor on her uterus in July..and just had it removed about a month ago. Nothing cancerous or life threatening..I went to visit her to see how she was doing and I brought lunch because she said she was too broke to go buy anything. I visited her and listened to her story of the tumor and whatnot..a week ago she had a chili dinner and had a group of other friends(remember these**) making calls to everyone they have ever known to ask for money for her because she can't work and bills are piling up and her kids are don't have enough to eat..I go and volunteer my time at the chili dinner..I donate 10$ because I am BROKE too.

Now today..I see that she is planning a trip on a cruise???? WITH the 'OTHER friends' that helped her...the girl is on link card, asking for money 'donations', and having fundraisers...and now she is spreading around that she is going on a cruise????

I feel taken---end rant...

edit on 9-11-2012 by Neopan100 because: didn't post correctly--

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Too bad this place is so censored, I'd have some strong words I'd like to say about these women.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Turn em in!!! They are obviously committing fraud by asking for money for their so called illnesses and using it for taking trips....................I do believe that is illegal...They both sound like a couple real winners....and you might want to try to find some better friends....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

They weren't always like this..and to be honest I hadn't seen or talked to either of them in a few years..the older sister called me from the hosptial when the other sister was having the tumor removed to tell me of the news..and then I got the call to help with the dinner...I really wasn't expecting them to do a thing like this again..but yes....I am going to distance myself from them..I am disgusted..

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm sorry they turned out to be such terrible friends.
I would be tempted to turn them in as well.

Maybe I should just try to go on disability. I sure can't afford a cruise, working for a living.
No, I have a problem with this pesky thing called guilt.

Wish more people had a conscious!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Me too..I would feel completely guilty..I'm glad I know this forum..because I was afraid you guys would just say I am jealous or to mind my own business...but my 10$ donation is still money that I had to work for..that I won't be enjoying on a cruise..

Thank you ATS..you guys are good people

JAK

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
><

That can't feel good Neopan100 but yours was an act of kindness. Look to that. We cannot dictate how others act but we can try to be good ourselves.

Due to this, next time you may be wiser and that's no bad thing. Your act here deserves credit though, don't let the frustration you feel over this rob you of that or stifle that kindness next time you feel it required.

Kudos to you for trying to help someone you thought in need despite your own situation.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Obviously....the 2 sisters are scam artists and you were taken. You have every right to be angry!

It is also obvious to me that you are genuinely a good person with kind and caring intentions.

Those 2 women are not really your friends; I would drop them (like a hot potato)...like now! Anyone who lies to you and takes from you under false claims is not worthy of you or your time and energy.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

They are both parasitic leeches. If you really want your life to run smoother...cut off all ties to both of these bottom suckers....

Des

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It's very dissapointing to find out people you cared for are not honorable and lack integrity. I don't think I could resist calling them out directly on this matter, something like "Hey glad your financial situation has improved to the point your able to take vacations, meanwhile I could really use the money back that I provided in your time of need, as I need the money for gas to get to work "......then cut them off as friends.....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Would this be a bad place to announce my "Hangnail Pancake Breakfast"?
My pinky finger hurts, so I will need volunteers to flip the flapjacks for me.
See I heard from a couple of Ladies that the salt air fixes many ills. so I will be using the funds raised, for my "Hope for hangnails, Cruise for the Cure".

Yep, it sounds as ridiculous as my paragraph above.

maybe they read about others pulling off legitimate fundraisers for people who are severely sick.
then got hooked on the easy cash.

You have every right to be mad. But to still hold your head high, because you were honestly trying to help someone.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Just anonymously 'turn them in'

I would just drop a note at the police station letting them know of these 2 and what they did.

The police would investigate the rest.

It wouldn't be the first time someones been investigated for something like this, who knows, you could be onto something bigger?
edit on 9-11-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I'm sorry they turned out to be such terrible friends.
I would be tempted to turn them in as well.

Maybe I should just try to go on disability. I sure can't afford a cruise, working for a living.
No, I have a problem with this pesky thing called guilt.

Wish more people had a conscious!

I have heart disease, peripheral arterial disease (makes it so I can't walk more than a hundred feet without having to rest), liver problems, a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder, and I can STILL work! Truth be told I'd probably drop dead in a month if I didn't work.

And, on long weekends I get bored out of my mind, so I can't see how the hell people can stay home and do nothing. As a die cutter my work is grueling, but I'd be lost without it.

People need to know there's more to working for a living than just money.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I wish I could do that..but I just can't ...I have thought about writing her a long letter asking how they can afford this and that I am hurt and feel like they used me..I have known them both since childhood and am surprised at what both of them have become (lazy free-loaders) even their father is getting disgusted or so I've heard. They live with him still.
I just want to say to them that I took time away from my little girls to help them and donated what I had left in my wallet which was the 10 bucks..and really it's not the money..it's something deeper..it's a lie..they are lying..I just want to tell them I am hurt and I feel like they lied to me about their financial situation and that it is obvious that if they are taking a cruise they really didn't need the fundraiser..and if they used the fundraiser money (which I do believe they are going to) then that is wrong and they should both rethink the direction their lives have taken..and that I want nothing more to do with them ever.

I may write the letter but I won't turn them in..I just don't want to be involved anymore.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Neopan100 because: had one more thing to say.....

JIGGERJ-did you get my message?
edit on 9-11-2012 by Neopan100 because: Again posted edit in wrong place...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Write the letter. DO it. I'm sure they'll have some excuse "A fam friend donated the money for a get aaway to help me feel better' and you'll know it stinks of high heaven but still. Write it. Send it. Then end it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

24 The sins of some men can be seen. Their sins go before them and make them guilty. The sins of other men will be seen later. 25 In the same way, good works are easy to see now. But some that are not easy to be seen cannot always be hid. 1 Timothy 5:24-25 NLV

It's not a pretty sight... and going to the police is not wrong... But all in all, they will get theirs... sooner or later. Rest assured.

Their only chance is if they receive Christ: ask Him to forgive them of their sins and repent (change). Then they will escape punishment from God... They may or may not escape punishment from man... that depends (see verse above).

edit on 10/11/2012 by MarkJS because: typo

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My sister and my ex-wife are exactly the same. They get on Facebook and complain about having no money and then the next thing you know they are on a cruise or buying a brand new car. If my sister takes my mother to a doctors appt she charges her and makes her buy lunch. This is the selfish world we live in. I don't see it getting better. It is getting worse.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Find friends that are more like you and less like the type of people you can't have respect for, why give your time and energy to toxic people?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Sometimes the nut doesn't fall too far from the tree, any idea how their parent(s) were? I know that crap runs rampant in my own family, at least 50%. I know my brothers, sisters and myself all suffered for it. I and a couple of my siblings went the exact opposite, but I do believe it's a trait that is handed down. It is disgusting and only hope they do not have children. From my personal experience they are terribly damaged by this lifestyle. It's not that everyone doesn't need a vacation/break from life, but responsible people don't live beyond their means.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Why exactly is it so important for you to call and tell them that you're hurt? Some advice, Don't make the mistake of assuming that they would even give a damn.

Look at it this way my friend, it cost you $10.00 to remove two leeching idiots from your life. You got off easy.
~$heopleNation
edit on 10-11-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

top topics

<<   2 >>

join