It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ignorance of Some Obama Haters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
A Republican 18-yr-old from Georgia, Kristen Neel, tweeted this epically ignorant comment out of her frustration with Obama's winning of the election:

"I'm moving to Australia, because their president is a Christian and actually supports what he says.''

The only thing correct in this sentence is the spelling and grammar. First off, Australia doesn't have a president, but rather a prime minister. Second, the prime minister Julia Gillard is a women. Third, she is not a Christian, but an atheist; in addition she lives with a man she hasn't married. As for the polices of the Australian prime minister, she is the leader of the Labor Party, the more liberal political party there, akin to the Democratic Party in the US.

Maybe she meant Austria or Antartica...

You go, girl!

This tweet of hers spawned a backlash of tweets schooling her, and her Twitter account has since been disabled.

anti-Obama tweet

In related news, Republicans and other conservatives are blaming Romney and his campaign, Hurricane Sandy and the MSM's misuse of polls to dissuade conservatives to vote as reasons for the Democrat's near-sweep of swing states in the presidential election and a similar near-sweep of Senate seats up for grabs. Little or no blame has been put on the extreme right-wing platform of the party or that of the beliefs of its base, which has alienated all demographic groups besides white men and older folks. Didn't see that coming...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Obama hater's don't have a monopoly, or even control the majority when it comes to ignorance or stupidity. We saw the same thing with Bush and in threats IF Romney were to win.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
ignorance and stupidity is at epidemic levels in both the republican and democrat camps and has been for many years its a reflection of the general stupidity of people
edit on 8-11-2012 by monkofmimir because: really need to start proof reading

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Obama hater's don't have a monopoly, or even control the majority when it comes to ignorance or stupidity. We saw the same thing with Bush and in threats IF Romney were to win.

What are you talking about, total ignorance on the part of people who couldn't stand Bush II or Romney? Provide some evidence, please. If you are just talking about people saying they would leave the country, sure. But that's not the point of this thread; it's about the fact that this tweeting twit got NOTHING right in her tweet. As usual, right-wing misdirection and obfuscation of the the point at hand. But thanks for playing.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
ignorance and stupidity is at epidemic levels in both the republican and democrat camps and has been for many years its a reflection of the general stupidity of people
edit on 8-11-2012 by monkofmimir because: really need to start proof reading

Show as epically an incorrect/ignorant post by someone on the left, please; otherwise ixnay on the false equivalences.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
you really want to go down that road?

how about we start posting videos of obama voters who im surprised can stand up and breath at the same time?

this one is my favorite from 2008. good thing she took her kids out of school, im sure they wont need it with lord obama in the office.

and there are thousands more. are there some from idiot republicans too? sure. why the left thinks they are all brilliant, informed voters is beyond me. and ive never seen any videos of people thinking romney was going to give them free gas or take care of them personally. so go ahead and see what you can find.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hmm... This guy's from Georgia too. Small world.

I suppose we can at least be thankful the tweet didn't suggest Australia could capsize or anything.

I mean, Pot meet Kettle and isn't this kinda rough pointing out to one side when both have plenty of it in rather staggering examples?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The funny thing is that many countries besides the US are so liberal/progressive that even Obama would be seen as belonging to the right spectrum.

Any time i read those "I am moving" comments I can't stop laughing.

But maybe some Island in the pacific etc. takes them...who knows?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
She'll love the socialized healthcare.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

edit on 9-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
what ... you were expecting geniuses there with the poor education system in america its amazing she could even spell.... doubt she could find australia on a map ....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Keep laughing fool.

Originally posted by flexy123
The funny thing is that many countries besides the US are so liberal/progressive that even Obama would be seen as belonging to the right spectrum.

Any time i read those "I am moving" comments I can't stop laughing.

But maybe some Island in the pacific etc. takes them...who knows?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

exactly, there are idiots on both sides.

i do think there is a difference in our videos in that the idiot republicans you feature are mostly old as dirt, obviously extremely religious people who mostly seem to object to obama being muslim (which, he was raised in muslim countries by muslims wasnt he? i can at least understand their dumb remarks) where as the obama people in mine were more college age kids who had zero clue about policy, or things obama has actually done.

there is a difference in my opinion. im sure there are policy clueless republicans too. i think they are just less vocal.

also, for every video of a 80 year old whitey complaining about obama being a negro, i can probably find 10 videos of blacks saying similar things about whites.

can start with obama speaking of his grandma as a "typical white person".

i for one think thats awfully typical of a half black person to be such a racist, dont you?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Wow....I can't get this time back. You mean 'the ignorance of this one 18 year old guy I take issue with.'

I think I might be the only Romney supporter who is in no way worried. First President in history to get an anti-mandate. Things are moving in the right direction.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

That is the way to handle it. With reason rather then with name calling. Name calling is the lefts way of dealing with those who disagree. Not reasonable discourse. Congrats!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Not to mention when she got there she would realize the boot on their neck is applying about the same amount of pressure as in the states.

If she's perceptive to those types of things that is.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

Nice videos showing the ignorance of some Americans, including one ignorant congressman. Can do that to either political side.

With respect the first video, the interview was placing false premises before them, saying the Romney was proposing things that Obama was doing. Why not then tell the same person immediately after that actually Obama is doing these things and see what there reaction is to it. I wouldn't be surprised if some ore most either said they couldn't believe it, or that maybe it was okay then. I'm not defending the US electorate at all -- and even less so the news media, which is in large part responsible for the ignorance of Americans. That said, who's to say all the people interviewed were actually Obama/Democrat supporters? What if "typical" Republicans were asked the same or similar gotcha questions? -- Just about the same thing.

In addition, if this interviewing was conducted in NYC, which it appeared to be, then I am not surprised. I've had to ask street directions from New Yorkers in the past and they seem to be the most clueless people I have ever encountered with respect to directions and knowing local location.

In the second video, it is claimed they looked for the most informed Obama supporters they could find on election day. Seems like a tall claim. To accept that there was no cherry-picking in this or the past video is taking a lot on faith. What I'll acknowledge is telling is that few, if any, knew who Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi are (I would argue that knowing who Barnie Frank is, is not crucial current events knowledge), but they knew about some of the negative associations with Sarah Palin. I would attribute this in no little part to how the GOP ballyhooed Sarah Palin as a VP candidate, yet she turned into a nightmare for the Republicans and Teabaggers.

Palin showed herself to be just about as ignorant as these folks, but as a bonus can only speak in incoherent, run-on sentences -- to this very day, as I saw her doing the same thing on election night, as well as claim that the US constitution requires a balanced budget. So the right-wing news media made her a sensation, and then when everybody else found out what a narcissistic dolt she is, the liberal media tore into her for propaganda as well as humor.

As for the question asked about "seeing Russia from Palin's home," this was a comedic paraphrase of what she actually said, and the interviewees answering that Palin said this is no big deal. If the question were phrased to use Palin's actual words, I'd imagine it would yield the same answers, so this was essentially a gotcha question, splitting hairs over semantics.

As for making video's about Obama's "57 states" comment and then asking people who said this, it is very much the case of making a mountain out of a mole-hill of a gaffe. Romney said that Syria is the gateway to the sea for Iran, even though Iran abuts the Persian Gulf, yet I didn't see ongoing making of hay over this comment of Romney's. Sure, there were was mention of it at the time, but I can't imagine anyone continuing to harp on that gaffe. However, conservatives bread and butter are such gaffes of their opponents because they don't have much else to hang their hats on. And the fact that the sampled Obama supporters didn't know or had forgotten about the 57-seven state gaffe? Pffft. BFD.

The congressional hearing video was sad indeed. That was one ignorant congressman. About as bad as Todd Aiken claiming that raped women have a built-in biological method to induce abortion in the case of rapes. How about the Republican primary where all the candidates were asked if they believed in evolution or not, and just about everyone of them said "no."? So Republican candidates are either extremely ignorant or have so little character that they will lie about the most basic of known scientific theories. Remember when Bush I visited a grocery store and was astounded by the scanning technology and who, in an interview or debate, could not answer how much a gallon of milk cost? That's high ignorance in an out-of-touch way by a president.

That all said, I submit that asking questions of voters from the opposition party, who didn't ask to be interviewed, and very likely cherry-picking the interviewees for a video is a far cry from somebody taking it upon herself to make a really ignorant tweet, i.e. a public statement, in response to her presidential candidate losing -- a tweet in which she got each and every fact wrong.

Want to follow-up on the ignorance of Americans in general, due to American news media, but will do than in a follow-up post because of character count.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

You won't see me strongly defending MSM or mainstream commercial media (MSCM) as I prefer to refer to it. The MSM is essentially Establishment media. Until Hurricane Katrina, the MSM also supported George W. Bush. It had no liberal bias. Interviewing 10 Pentagon-paid news consultants for every anti-war person in the run-up to the Iraq war is not liberal bias. I also freely acknowledge that MSNBC is a Democrat propaganda network, the flipside of Fox news, with the difference being that MSNBC doesn't outright lie and on occasion criticizes the Democratic establishment, and that it doesn't provide a platform for hate, racism, homophobia and xenophobia; it also does a lot better job of fact checking than Fox.

I don't watch/listen to the MSM much at all. Have cut way back on my taking in of PBS and NPR news too. I get most of my information from a variety of on-line sources. These are predominantly news sites and not completely biased political blog sites. I also do comparative, critical reading of several sources on some news stories, including foreign news sources.

On the other hand, I find that the majority of conservative posts here at ATS rely on Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck, Fox news, The Washington Times, the The Drudge Report and World Net Daily. These are all extremely biased sources and some are just plain purveyors of nuttery. I admit that the WT and the DR and even sometimes Fox break legitimate stories, more often than not it is extreme right-wing hyperbole. People who rely on these sources need to look elsewhere to be more informed.

In case, I most heartily agree that the MSCM and most conservative news sources do Americans an injustice -- as does MSNBC's general refusal to look at news items reflecting poorly on Democrats. To be better informed, citizens need to look elsewhere; however, most most people are too lazy to search for it or don't care to be informed. Not sure what to do about that. I do think the fairness doctrine needs to be brought back for broadcast news, and that the court decision allowing news sources to outright lie, which Fox fought and won, need to be overturned. Allowing lying news networks to report the "news" is no way to inform a citizenry.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

Wow....I can't get this time back. You mean 'the ignorance of this one 18 year old guy I take issue with.'

I think I might be the only Romney supporter who is in no way worried. First President in history to get an anti-mandate. Things are moving in the right direction.

Thank you for showing that you have such poor reading comprehension that you couldn't discern it was a teenage gal. As for the content of the post, this tweet was such a complete failure in terms of facts that I felt it warranted posting, given the threads about how all Americans who voted for Obama are idiots/traitors/take-your-pick-of-another-derogatory-term. Then there was the thread that tried to claim that Obama was making political hay out of the Hurricane by using the term "lean forward" in describing how government agencies would deal with the disaster response, because he the Obama campaign apparently used the slogan "forward." Turn about is fair play. And given the false claims of some right-wing conservative posts, this thread is at least accurate. Moreover, this post didn't consist primarily of a link to some tedious, long-winded and boring 10+ min. video, and not provide a concise summary of what is in the linked video. So this post is smelling purdee good compared to a lot that I can point to.

new topics

top topics

join