It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death is Not Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I get some entertainment when I read about nde's, but there is not reason anyone should equate these experiences with death. Near death is not death. The person comes back from unconscious to speak about their experience because their brain didn't die. Although breathing may have stopped and sometimes peoples heart stopped, the brain kept living long enough to be revived. So the whole time the brain could have been dreaming or people could wake up thinking they had a experience that never happened at all, kinda like deja vu.

Its weird that people realize that a dream isn't real when they wake up, but when some thinks they have a nde, they think its 100% real, no questions asked.

We do not know what death is like, we can only speculate.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
I get some entertainment when I read about nde's, but there is not reason anyone should equate these experiences with death. Near death is not death. The person comes back from unconscious to speak about their experience because their brain didn't die. Although breathing may have stopped and sometimes peoples heart stopped, the brain kept living long enough to be revived. So the whole time the brain could have been dreaming or people could wake up thinking they had a experience that never happened at all, kinda like deja vu.

Its weird that people realize that a dream isn't real when they wake up, but when some thinks they have a nde, they think its 100% real, no questions asked.

We do not know what death is like, we can only speculate.

Have you had this experience? If we kept someone on Ice for years and then brought them back would that qualify?
edit on 8-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The Tibetans have stories about what awaits in the afterlife.

Some of their beliefs in the "Book of the Dead" mimic and sound similar to a NDE.

The only difference is, that after they re-incarnate they pass on what they went through to others. They have refined the "technique of dying" in such a way that the next life you move onto is a favorable one.

Most people that have NDE's (from what I have read) only scratch the very first few layers of death according to the Tibetans.

A culture that, for thousands of years spends an entire lifetime of meditation and preperation for death? Sounds like they may know a thing or two compared to the Christians.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Hi Ralphy.

Good point.. being near death is not death.

The rest though is pure speculation on your part as there are people who do Know from working in the field with the dead, who do Know where the dead go and what happens to them.. and I am not talking about Philosophy or Religion.. those too are pure speculation.

I've written here many, many times exactly what I experienced for many years working with the dead.. and really don't feel like typing it all out again for one more thread. So maybe you might like to search my posts to find the information that is very important to all people. (?)

Be well

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

True, but that still doesn't mean that they didn't have an OBE, or something of that nature. Traumatic events can cause such things. It's not always the case though and many instances could be something of a dream, but you never know.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think that is why it is called , near death. Because it isn't death itself. However what is experienced during OBE's and NDE's is sufficient to obliterate the ignorant concept of life and death.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i find the term "NDE" laughable myself
all true cases of "NDE" are of people who died
and then came back from deaths door

but we cant have lowly mortals and sinners doing something only jesus could do

just like religious folks are the first to label anything Psi as demonic
after all people with psi abilities are proof that you dont need divine intervention to do things that are "miraculous"

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I would point out that all the material we have from Abrahamic religions regarding death are nothing but second-hand accounts.

These NDE's simply are, as I have said -- second hand knowledge.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by Tayesin

I would point out that all the material we have from Abrahamic religions regarding death are nothing but second-hand accounts.

All speculative nonsense. If you haven't experienced an NDE than what grounds do any of you have to stand on? If you've never witnessed leaving your body while still retaining your consciousness and discovering that you ARE consciousness itself, then why should any of these opinions hold sway?

edit on 8-11-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Yes it is. Death comes in stages and is not always completed but near death is death. It is just not that final physical over the finish line, "unable to resuscitate" kind of death. Nobody is going to put near death on a certificate but I think that technically it IS death.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by Tayesin

All speculative nonsense. If you haven't experienced an NDE than what grounds do any of you have to stand on? If you've never witnessed leaving your body while still retaining your consciousness and discovering that you ARE consciousness itself, then why should any of these opinions hold sway?

edit on 8-11-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

I've died before. More honestly, my heart has stopped for a brief period of time and my body was still able to continue after it was restarted. One thing I didn't find out during this period of time is that I was consciousness itself. I had zero consciousness at all, don't remember a damned thing. Consciousness can fade when knocked out or asleep, showing how weak and second-nature consciousness is.

Was it consciousness that I was? Or was I unconsciousness?

Anyone who believes they are consciousness (purely speculative nonsense) while much of the time they are also unconsciousness, needs to think just a little harder and try to understand the full complexity about what they are talking about.

top topics

join