It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party vows to Hijack GOP in time for next election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Conservative leaders on Wednesday lashed out at Mitt Romney for failing to secure the presidency, calling him a “weak moderate” and vowing to wage a war to put the Tea Party in charge of the Republican Party by the time it nominates its next presidential candidate.

“The battle to take over the Republican Party begins today and the failed Republican leadership should resign,” said Richard Viguerie, a top activist and chairman of ConservativeHQ.com, adding that the GOP must “never again” nominate a “big government established conservative for president.”

Link: www.israelnationalnews.com...

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
And the billionaire financiers like the Koch Brothers have vowed to hijack the Tea Party. Oh wait, they already did that.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PieceOfThePuzzle

If they do, maybe the GOP will win next election. Hopefully with a candidate that's isn't going to # us over.

link   
The GOP is vowing to hijack itself? Who is gonna buy that one? Anyone with a quarter of a brain saw the real tea partiers jumped ship a long time ago, and they are just another GOP faction mascerading as something different and hip. Trying to attract the youth, all that BS is.
edit on Thu, 08 Nov 2012 10:45:08 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   

Waiting for 4 years.

Good strategy.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The Tea Party is a dinosaur and, by all logic, should become utterly irrelevant over the coming four years. America has been conned into this notion that our "core values" are exclusion and greed. This is simply not true. The irony is that it's almost like a religion, with Ronald Reagan playing the role of Christ. But the truth is that Reagan himself would be shunned, now, as a moderate.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
And the billionaire financiers like the Koch Brothers have vowed to hijack the Tea Party. Oh wait, they already did that.

Yes its almost Soro's like it its diabolical nature

Clean you own house before criticizing another!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What about the people who are already hijacking the GOP (The Paulites) like myself? Are they trying to say that they're going to try and hijack us? Remember, Ron Paul was the godfather of the tea party, but it was hijacked in 2007-2010. I really hope they know that we're not going to be on their side... they're going to get a good fight the next 4 years. we need to get rid of the old ways, and bring in some type of sanity... any kind of sanity!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

They just don't get it! This wasn't just about Obama or the Presidency, it's about ideology. How else do you explain what happen in the Senate and House of Representatives?

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but if the Tea Party thinks this election went bad for them, just wait until the mid-terms and see what happens to the rest of the nut jobs they put in Congress. IMO, the Tea Party is a lot like the bathroom staple that shares it's initials, they're all a bunch of ass-wipes.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I love it!

It ensures a Republican won't win an election again in my lifetime.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff I would welcome another Ronald Reagan, whether one agreed with him or not it was counted on that he believed in his ideals, that really cant be said for most politicians now.

Where are the dems like Sam Nunn and Scoop Jacksons gone? Were any new generation of their class driven out by the progressives, I think so - there little if any balance left in either party.

I do have to point out also that John Kennedy would be viewed as ultra right wing zealot were he around today so no I don't think RR would be veiwed as to moderate right now as I feel all political parties have veered way way left given politics 30 years or more back. I mean come on Republicans had Romney who most conservatives view as a liberal, yes veered far left both parties.

As far as inclusion and such IMHO a careful reading of the Constitution precludes any exclusion and were it followed per its original meaning we'd not be divided as we are.

All the messing with its interpretation has left us a country of winners and losers, haves and have nots, franchised and disenfranchised. As long as thats done then yes the greedy will take advantage of the divide. I think by plan and purpose.

There is enough "congress shall pass no law" in the constitution to preclude the religious right as well as the far lefts ideology from forcing thier different views on other who don't agree, not only on that subject but many others as well.

We are now suffering the effects of division from an Imperial federal government and Presidency that has in its best interest to keep us the people divided.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Don't kill the messenger, I was just doing my routine of reading news and came across this.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieceOfThePuzzle

Conservative leaders on Wednesday lashed out at Mitt Romney for failing to secure the presidency, calling him a “weak moderate” and vowing to wage a war to put the Tea Party in charge of the Republican Party by the time it nominates its next presidential candidate.

“The battle to take over the Republican Party begins today and the failed Republican leadership should resign,” said Richard Viguerie, a top activist and chairman of ConservativeHQ.com, adding that the GOP must “never again” nominate a “big government established conservative for president.”

Thoughts?

I think it's brilliant! The extremists want to take over the party completely, even though they've just been proven to be pretty much irrelevant to the majority of the American people?! You couldn't make this up!

This is suicide, and I wish them all the luck in the world. I hope they hasten the destruction of the Republican party and get it over with more hastily than it would have happened otherwise.

Time for a new party, the Tea Party extremists can split off and make their own version of Golden Dawn. They'll never get any power and the rabid evangelicals and meddling Christian groups can waste their money funding a hateful party like that, rather than influence genuine political movement.

We're starting to see the creation of a third party. You'll have the Democrats, the centre right Republicans with a focus on economic conservatism and moving away from religion, and then you'll have the extremis party of Tea Party crazies who will never get very far. It's a step in the right direction

edit on 8-11-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You know, I wish we had more foresight and trademarked the Tea Party. It really annoys the hell out of me that ignorant people might associate what we had started the tea party as with those guys........
edit on Thu, 08 Nov 2012 12:37:58 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieceOfThePuzzle

Thoughts?

I was discussing this with my wife tonight oddly enough - not the article, but the question of where the Republicans go from here. As far as we see it, they have two choices. They can either a) realise that Nixon's Southern Strategy is now dooming them to demographic irrelevance (as the number of cranky old white guys who loved the idea of the Confederacy die out) and try and move away into some kind of coherent effort to expand their electorate, or b) scream that Romney wasn't Conservative enough and move yet more rightwards in a petulant and doomed attempt to ignore reality. Our money's on b).

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The GOP needs to purge the Tea Party and all the nutters that came along with it. Once they do they can go back to being a party based on conservative fiscal values not a party based on far right religious social issues. If they go further right the GOP will slip away from being a major power on the national level.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think they will break up into several factions and fight over a dwindling base of support.There will be a new mass movement that will take the GOP's place.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

I do have to point out also that John Kennedy would be viewed as ultra right wing zealot were he around today so no I don't think RR would be veiwed as to moderate right now as I feel all political parties have veered way way left given politics 30 years or more back. I mean come on Republicans had Romney who most conservatives view as a liberal, yes veered far left both parties.

What? Democrats currently occupy Center, Center Right and a few...very few Center Left. There is no such thing as Far Left in the US Government but we very much do have way too much Far Right and these so called Tea Partiers would do well to accept the reality that most Americans do not want Far Right. These people are so terrified of Sharia Law yet have zero compulsion about inflicting their religious views on the rest of us. They also forget that the the TPM is supposed to be about Liberty, not Far Right Ideology.

Hey Conservatives, while you're taking your party back... take your movement back too.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Really? Wow. I will admit it is what I expected will happen. But morons will be morons. All you have to look at the Senate races and the House seats they lost to know this is a losing strategy. So go ahead Tea Partiers declare war on the RINO's in your search for ideological purity and fade away into obscurity. Come the mid terms you won't be able to gerrymander districts for the win you have to do it on ideas.

Those of you that get ostracized as RINO's by all means learn to be libertarians so we can have an actual choice again. Democrats need someone to keep them honest.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
I love it!

It ensures a Republican won't win an election again in my lifetime.

Exactly.

I thank the tea party for everything they've done.... Like handing this election to Obama. The Pres. should be grateful for the fact that they are so unlikable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join