It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Almost Breaks Out Between Republicans and Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, Sinclair Networks really got people up-in-arms this time. Sinclair's propaganda, political movie that Sinclair stations plan to show between now and the Election, "Stolen Honor", was to be seen at a movie theater in Jenkintown was canceled.
Republicans and Democrats alike were "nose to nose" arguing in-turn it almost came to blows.
The problem with this "so called" movie is, the Swiftboat Veterans for truth (lmao) are the people that made this movie to do their best in destroying John Kerry's reputation with propaganda that they plan to "spin".

Anti-Kerry Film Showing Canceled

October 19, 2004 � A politically motivated film furor hit Jenkintown Tuesday night. Supporters of George Bush and John Kerry went nose to nose and neither side had any intention of backing down.

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I wonder why this news station isn't telling the reason the movie was cancelled. They say...

People who came out to see the anti-Kerry film, "Stolen Honor" were already upset that management of the Baederwood Theater cancelled the showing after threats of civil disturbances.

Threats of litigation is more like it.

Pending showings recieved letters from the Vietnem Veteran (Campbell) now suing Sherwood for libel, and most have cancelled saying "litigation pending."

Case in point: "Incidentally the Kerry campaign claims they hadn't anything to do with the movie not being shown here. Refunds were given to those who had bought tickets and the producers gave out DVD copies of the film for them to watch at home. "

And if Sherwood doesn't come to your own town to start a riot for TV news after his showing gets cancelled so he can hand out free copies like he did here, you can always just watch it at stolenhonor.com.

What's the big deal?

[edit on 20-10-2004 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Whilst we're on the subject of Stolen honor I'm happy to report that today alone over 1.5 MILLION emails were sent to all advertisers and affiliates thanks to a crafty dem programmer.

Bwahahaha. Hear our rawr.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The scene outside a movie theater in Jenkintown, Pa. as a Bush supporter grabs a Kerry supporter by the throat. Both men Vietnam Veterans, seem to symbolize a nation bitterly divided over war.

www.truthout.org...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wow! Talk about going after eachothers throats!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It's nice to know that we've learned nothing in the last 150 years.
Dr. Moreau would certainly be proud.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Whilst we're on the subject of Stolen honor I'm happy to report that today alone over 1.5 MILLION emails were sent to all advertisers and affiliates thanks to a crafty dem programmer.

Nerdling, I am proud to say that I am one of the million that have been sending out emails to all Advertisers that use Sinclair's station where I live in Iowa.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Send me links please via e-mail, because that could get annoying if not targeted and personal. I've had feedback from some national advertisers (as well as my own local) more furious than anyone about Sinclair's mismanagement that have already pulled out, and they need to be removed from any contact databases and promoted on the thank you list for BUYcotts, and immediately removed from any further contacts expressing concerns.

By and large they are good, professional business leaders in the community that want no part in expressing preference in a Presidential election and are furious they have to pay for advertising on Sinclair while Bush-Cheney, Inc do not. It's conscripted backdoor financial support of a candidate they do not endorse, and point blank an unethical stewardship of the public interest (via broadcast) which ethical broadcast advertisers take very seriously.

Again though, no links to activism on ATS please. Just shoot me an e-mail. Danke Dave.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Why is it garbage like F..ing 911 gets shown nationwide and truth can't be shown in one small theater w/o you libs causing all hell. It's about time Republicans got mad. The truth about Kerry is he is a coward. I was "there" and was a POW and I resent that jerk telling lies about MY service to this country. He caused so much additonal pain to ME personally.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Let me tell you when it comes to politics we humans tend to forget about civilized behavior and go back to our ancients survival instincts, the stronger kills the weaker and takes over the den.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

The scene outside a movie theater in Jenkintown, Pa. as a Bush supporter grabs a Kerry supporter by the throat. Both men Vietnam Veterans, seem to symbolize a nation bitterly divided over war.

www.truthout.org...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wow! Talk about going after eachothers throats!

Is that guy doing the choking Gerow or just a lackey?

Other angle.

The "producers" were there stirring the pot, and there's only two of record: Sherwood and Gerow. It's not Sherwood because he has one of those "DC Moustaches" you see coming out of a bar on Dupont Circle.

But we're still all waiting to see who the real producers are, since the funding is claimed as "anonymous veterans" despite federal funds to wvc3 last year never going to Homeland Security duties and Rev. Moon's ever present backing of Sherwood's right wing "journalism." Expect in '84 of course, when it was Texas Billionaire Perot getting him to make false allegations against Vietnam Veteran Memorial organizers on behalf of the "Vietnam never happened" right wing. :shk:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Why is it garbage like F..ing 911 gets shown nationwide and truth can't be shown in one small theater w/o you libs causing all hell. It's about time Republicans got mad. The truth about Kerry is he is a coward. I was "there" and was a POW and I resent that jerk telling lies about MY service to this country. He caused so much additonal pain to ME personally.

Might I point out that if you were indeed born on April 30, 1954, as your bio says (Dr Horacid, Texas A&M, MIT, Cornell, PhD ME, PhD Phy) that you are somewhat too young to have been a POW?

Nixon began withdrawing troops in 1969, when you were a mere sprout of 15. It was still going on when I attempted to enlist (iApril 1972), when you would have been the ripe old age of 18 and just turning eligible for military service. At this time, no new units were being sent over and units were being withdrawn. The cease fire and treaty was signed in January of 1973, about the time you would have finished Basic training and your first "school."

You need to correct one of your biographies..... The "swifties" and some of the other people making a lot of noise about these issues likewise need to correct THEIR biographies. They seem to have similar problems with history.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Oh I applaud you for this one Byrd. Great call.

Four thumbs up!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Byrd I agree on the biography of some around here, I just keep quiet, but let me tell you some forget that if you do a search on ATS their personal stories change with the posts and the cir#ances.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
It's about time Republicans got mad.

You're right! Republicans should get mad. I mean you guys need to take back the Whitehouse and the Congress and the House of Representatives and the Senate! Those liberals are so awful the way they're running the country right now. And the way those liberals invaded Iraq and sent our boys off to a desert to get shot at!

Man, I think you Republicans should get mad! Take over the country! You can do a much better job than those guys we have now.

And speaking of Kerry, I hear the war lasted several more years, because he personally led the evil VC armies against the forces of freedom. That's right, Kerry slapped on a pair of black pajamas, picked up an AK-47 and fought with Charlie all the way south for Chairman Mao.

P.S. Sorry you got tortured and all.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Damn straight! Those republicans should be appalled about this! How dare the liberals do......nothing.

Anyways, this funny, good news if you have nothing else to say.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Byrd, wonderfully put, thank you so very much for pointing this out
, it's nice to know that our MODs and Super MODs on ATS watch the threads and even voice their opionions

new topics

top topics

join