It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Semir Osmanagich Regarding Pyramids Found All Over the World

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
This thread is a wonderful example of arm chair experts.

I bet none of the people posting in this thread actually went to college or university for Archaeology.

OR even left their country. Yet, we sure see quite a few who are adamant on their views, and who proudly strike down any that doesn't fit in "their" world views.

This site needs a biblical flood event. I don't even know why I come here anymore.

You'd be wrong ... actually on all of that. I've taken archaeology (at my university, it was under Anthropology) at the Master's level, and you could (if you wanted to bore yourself reading everything I've written) see that I've been to a number of countries, including Egypt.

And participated in digs.

And I'm not the only one.

If you haven't done any digs (October's a good month to find local public digs because it's Archaeology month and many clubs offer digs to the public), it's a lot of work. Can be boring, but I actually enjoy it. Hauled many wheelbarrows full of dirt to the sifting station within the past 4 years.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128

I bet none of the people posting in this thread actually went to college or university for Archaeology.

You'd lose that bet. Anywayl, Semir Osmanagić certainly didn't:

He holds a master's degree in international economics and politics[1] and a doctoral degree in social sciences, both obtained from the University of Sarajevo.

It's not stopped him from talking a load of carp about archaeology.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Let me reiterate, as my statement was quite broad. After reading countless pages on this thread. I can confidently say that the "Majority" lack the schooling for what they stand by. Not all. But the majority of threads created / posted seem to be by arm chair experts who put far too much time and effort into hoax YouTube videos, and or re-post old content. More so now, then ever on this site.

I'm aware of you Byrd. I've read many threads you've been apart of. So don't take offense to my prior statement.

Id love to dig deeper into Archaeology. (see what I did there) But working full time for a large corp doesn't lend me much of my own lately. I'm a Physics Major /minor in Astronomy. Which went no where, so I ended up in IT. Figures right>?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When I first came across the Bosnian Pyramids I admit I got caught up in the romanticism. I happen to be someone who believes there could have been a "high" civilization that existed before our records. I happen to find that the idea of a huge comet hitting part of the North American Glacier destroying everything is possible....but after reading from so many of you on here it seems like most of your motivation for your beliefs are because you dislike "powers that be"

Garbage and rubbish. I came here to see both sides of the coin and unfortunately for my more romantic notions of ancient civilizations most of the time the science side of the coin...or rather established science....is correct. The more we find out how ancient cultures worshiped the progression of the heavens and the more we reveal how "advanced" (read other than just looking up at the sky) some of those cultures were the more I believe that the Sphinx being created when Leo was the north star is possible. BUT that is miles and worlds from fact

I may not be that active...I may have been off of here for YEARS (life yo) but when I posted something under the guise of leaning...and not preaching some philosophy for why I feel like the world doesn't gel with me....Hanslune....Harte...were there with stuff I could actually follow up on that wasn't even more fringey than what I thought....and Byrd are still thankfully here with their insights.

I like the works of Graham Hancock....but that doesn't mean I buy into what he says. Gobleki Tepe hopefully helps change the timelines if what i have seen about the site is true on its age....and I am interested to see how Padang Guanag shakes out with its more wild claims.

At least a few of you critiquing some of the "deniers" seem to really have a problem admitting you are wrong. Or that your beliefs cannot be proven. Sounds a lot like religion and frankly I don't really have patience for that.

Thanks OP for the thread but thank you for the skeptics or else I would have been inundated with straight poop on crystals and souls and higher consciousness. Hans, Byrd, and Harte....just to name the ones I remember....keep fighting the good fight.
edit on pm31Wednesdaypm123140403pm by atlantiswatusi because: missed some stuff

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi
The more we find out how ancient cultures worshiped the progression of the heavens and the more we reveal how "advanced" (read other than just looking up at the sky) some of those cultures were the more I believe that the Sphinx being created when Leo was the north star is possible. BUT that is miles and worlds from fact

Despite your kind words... well, you know me.

Leo isn't a star so it could never have been the North Star. But even if Leo was a star, because it's in our (apparent) ecliptic plane, it would never have been the North Star anyway.

Probably you meant "The Age of Leo" (whatever that means and even astrologers can't agree on when these "ages" change over.) The Sphinx faces due east very near 30 degrees north latitude. When a new sign in the zodiac first rises at dawn on the Summer Solstice, it rises pretty much directly in front of the Sphinx's nose. That's true for any zodiacal constellation (none of which were recognized by the Ancient Egyptians anyway,) not just Leo.

Everyone thinks "Leo" because Leo is a lion like the sphinx. But the earliest records of the constellation Leo we have (from Mesopotamia) refer to it as the "Big Dog." And lions, who live in the area, are [I]also[/I] lions link the sphinx. So, why can't it just be a lion that faces the rising Sun (which was not a minor thing to the AE's)?

originally posted by: atlantiswatusiI may not be that active...I may have been off of here for YEARS (life yo) but when I posted something under the guise of leaning...and not preaching some philosophy for why I feel like the world doesn't gel with me....Hanslune....Harte...were there with stuff I could actually follow up on that wasn't even more fringey than what I thought....and Byrd are still thankfully here with their insights.

It's what we do. Glad to be of any help, and having a laugh while I do it.

originally posted by: atlantiswatusiI like the works of Graham Hancock....but that doesn't mean I buy into what he says. Gobleki Tepe hopefully helps change the timelines if what i have seen about the site is true on its age....and I am interested to see how Padang Guanag shakes out with its more wild claims.

I've always said that of all the con men fringe theorists out there, Hancock is by far the best writer. Worst researcher, but best writer.

originally posted by: atlantiswatusiAt least a few of you critiquing some of the "deniers" seem to really have a problem admitting you are wrong. Or that your beliefs cannot be proven. Sounds a lot like religion and frankly I don't really have patience for that.

Thanks OP for the thread but thank you for the skeptics or else I would have been inundated with straight poop on crystals and souls and higher consciousness. Hans, Byrd, and Harte....just to name the ones I remember....keep fighting the good fight.

This isn't much of "the good fight." There's not a lot of that going on here anymore in the Ancient Civ. section. I guess we won, or something. The Bosnian craziness is so looney I feel a touch of embarrassment when I post about it. Thus this is not really "the good fight" going on in this thread. More like taking candy from babies.

Harte

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Oh, and hey, watusi, don't be such a stranger. Glad to see you.

Harte

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join