It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No on Prop. 37: Voters Reject Proposition 37 (CA GMO Labeling)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

No on Prop. 37: Voters Reject Proposition 37 (CA GMO Labeling)

inance.yahoo.com

"California voters clearly saw through Prop. 37 and rejected higher food costs, more lawsuits and more bureaucracy," said Henry I. Miller, M.D., a fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution and the founding director of the FDA's Office of Biotechnology (1989-1993). "Food labeling policy should be based on logic and science, not fear. Leading scientific organizations have all agreed that foods containing genetically engineered ingredients are safe and are not materially different from their traditional counterparts. We're glad the voters rejected this misleading, costly and unnece
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well Apparently the sheeple think that having cheaper crappy food is more important then not getting cancer and tumors and digestive disorder... Sigh!

This is why voting is so futile the Sheep are too easiily influenced by propaganda.

Hey there Mr/Ms. sheeple did you know Genetically modified foods cause cancer and tumors and digestive problems costing far more in health care costs then it would to label them? Also they are destroying the environment that will lead to catastrophic failure in the food supply?

Sheep: Yeah I heard that but the TV told me its not true and besides its more important to continue to have cheap crap that is only marginally food if even that to buy at the grocery store then to do any real research on it... Sigh!

Paid for by No on 37: Coalition Against the Deceptive Food Labeling Scheme, sponsored by Farmers, Food Producers, and Grocers. Major funding by Monsanto Company, E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co., Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) and more than 40 food company members.

"MAJOR FUNDING BY MONSANTO" Well there you have it the sheeple will even fight against their own best interests because they are too stupid to do the research and find out for themselves and succumb to Monsanto's billion dollar propaganda campaign with all their bought and paid for scientist and fake associations while this evil leviathan continues to rape pillage and plunder the planet and the people!

At least the farmers of India have the balls to fight back. What they did to India is our future if the zombies do not wake up...

inance.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It may have helped if the yes on 37 campaign spent like, any money on it.

Monsanto had guys in white suits telling lies on the TV. That is definitely enough for a win for them.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yes the government knows it can tell the sheeple anything and they will believe it,this was a no brainer evidently the population has no brains,but they voted to increase taxes WTF

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
No one is more picky about food than me. I voted against it because it was an invitation for law suits against farmers. Poor legislation should be voted down. I don't want to subsidize greedy lawyers. I take responsibility by growing as much of what I eat as possible.

Food is already too expensive for many families.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
They dont grow them very smart in California, do they?
I cant understand the mindset of some people to not think its a good idea for this.. I mean, its a label, that gives information about what your eating.
Dont get it.

I hope something like this comes up in Texas, I can pretty much guarantee that it would be passed,.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
Yes the government knows it can tell the sheeple anything and they will believe it,this was a no brainer evidently the population has no brains,but they voted to increase taxes WTF

It's amazing what a 40 million dollar ad campaign funded by ag/chem giants can do to people's minds.

I personally think this proposition was more important than any other single vote that took place yesterday. What the people should've asked is this: "will labeling the food really cost more than 40 million dollars, because if not, you assholes should have just labelled the food instead of spending the 40 mil on fighting against the labels!"

sad. consumers have the right to know what is in their food.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Narrow margin, still 557,060 fell for propaganda.

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/election/results/race?race=81953222&edate=2012-11-06

Proposition 37 - Label Genetic Foods

State Totals

Choice Votes %
Yes 4,277,985 46.9%
No 4,835,045 53.1%

100% of precincts reporting; updated 11/07 8:41AM

This should be archived by as many as possible, all the corporations outed themselves, now it seems that the need for keeping a secretive profile is over, they don't expect backlash from apathy...

www.noprop37.com/donors/

Donors

Abbott Nutrition
B&G Foods, Inc.
BASF Plant Science
Bayer CropScience
Bimbo Bakeries USA
Bruce Foods Corporation
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC
Bunge North America, Inc.
C. H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
Campbell Soup Company
Cargill, Inc.
Clement Pappas & Company, Inc.
Clorox Company
Coca-Cola North America
ConAgra Foods
Council for Biotechnology Information
CropLife America
Dole Packaged Foods Company
Dow AgroSciences LLC
E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co.
Faribault Foods, Inc.
Flowers Foods, Inc.
Four K Farms
General Mills, Inc.
Goya de Puerto Rico, Inc.
Goya Foods Great Lakes
Grocery Manufacturers Association
H.J. Heinz Company
Hero North America
Hershey Company
Hillshire Brands Company
Hirzel Canning Company
Hormel Foods Corporation
House-Autry Mills, Inc.
Idahoan Foods, LLC
Inventure Foods, Inc.
JMR Farms, Inc.
Kellogg Company
Knouse Foods Cooperative, Inc.
Kraft Food Group
Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
Land O’Lakes, Inc.
McCain Foods USA, Inc.
McCormick & Company, Inc.
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company
Mondelez International
Monsanto Company
Moody Dunbar, Inc.
Nestle USA, Inc.
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
PCS Administration (USA) Inc. (Also Known As “PotashCorp”) PAC (Out of State PAC)
PepsiCo, Inc.
Pinnacle Foods Group LLC
Reily Foods Company
Rich Products Corporation
Richelieu Foods, Inc.
Sara Lee Corporation
Saticoy Foods Corporation
Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Snack Food Association
Solae, LLC
Sunny Delight Beverages Company
Syngenta Corporation
The J.M. Smucker Company
Tree Top, Inc.
Tri-Cal Inc.
Unilever
Welch Foods, Inc.

edit on 7-11-2012 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
No one is more picky about food than me. I voted against it because it was an invitation for law suits against farmers. Poor legislation should be voted down. I don't want to subsidize greedy lawyers. I take responsibility by growing as much of what I eat as possible.

Food is already too expensive for many families.

Yeah I guess avoiding law suites against farmers growing this GMO crap is more important then not poisoning people and the environment... Sigh! Indian Farmers have it right they burn the fields of any farmer who grows this crap!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ATS double tap

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It got turned down? It was openly funded by Monsanto and got turned down??

Now US citizens have to learn a lesson from sleazy politicians, and keep re-introducing the bill back before the house, again and again, as many times as it takes to implement it. Reword it as needed, and put into any package you need as long as you can slip it into effect. Then start on nanotech watchdog bills : over twenty majour companies are releasing it into skin and hair-care products, including deodorant and body wash. It's basically unregulated, and the FDA "doesn't know" how to police the problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My friend who still lives in California told me that there are SIGNS EVERYWHERE TO SAY NO!!!

Here you have a case of millions of voters who have NO IDEA what they are voting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT LABELS!!!! I WANT CHOICE!
sorry for yelling...
BUT!!!!!!

I WANT TO KNOW!! The powers in charge actually do not want the people to know about frankenfoods. Its all a part of world depopulation......

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It would not just be farmers growing this crap. Ever heard of wind blowing seeds or birds carrying them? The problem is so many of you are ignorant of the reality of what is happening to farmers who are just trying to make an honest living. This would hit them way harder than the evil Monsanto.

No one hates GMO's more than me. This legislation would have created more problems than it would fix.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just found this. Is it morally appropriate to circumvent the process when we know the process is flawed?

labelityourself.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdonNiedtuno

Originally posted by Oldtimer2

It's amazing what a 40 million dollar ad campaign funded by ag/chem giants can do to people's minds.

I personally think this proposition was more important than any other single vote that took place yesterday. What the people should've asked is this: "will labeling the food really cost more than 40 million dollars, because if not, you assholes should have just labelled the food instead of spending the 40 mil on fighting against the labels!"

sad. consumers have the right to know what is in their food.

The 40 million dollars was a drop in the bucket compared to the losses in sales that would have taken place if people could actually know what they were eating. People would not choose GM foods once they knew what it was.

But we useless feeders need to NOT be informed. We need to continue to consume mass quantities of damaging and poisonous foods presented to us by the supporters of the NO vote. We need to be compliant. Never mind that the rest of the world has objected to and mostly rejected these foods. Never mind that they were passed by political and corrupt means into our food supply. Never mind that they are now contaminating the non-GM crops forever. Never mind that independent research, what little there is, is showing that there are profound and deadly consequences of consuming them....

Just close your eyes and go quietly into the Great Lab Experiment as eager guinea pigs.

There was funding for the Proposition. But it came from individuals and small groups, not from Big Agro or big corporations. One of the largest contributors was Dr. Mercola, who donated $1,000,000. They attacked him personally in the anti-prop 37 ads.

Follow the money. Why do you suppose these people were so frightened about this passing, really?
edit on 7-11-2012 by JustSlowlyBackAway because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
My friend who still lives in California told me that there are SIGNS EVERYWHERE TO SAY NO!!!

Here you have a case of millions of voters who have NO IDEA what they are voting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT LABELS!!!! I WANT CHOICE!
sorry for yelling...
BUT!!!!!!

I WANT TO KNOW!! The powers in charge actually do not want the people to know about frankenfoods. Its all a part of world depopulation......

It's easy to say "I want". It's harder to make it happen, especially when our state is in such dire straits as it is. The farmers do not need to be burdened with additional costs and responsibilities just because the "I wants" are screaming. It's a good idea, just not right for California to bear the burden right now with all of our other problems. As a state, we have to watch out for ourselves too.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
HOW THE FU*! DID THIS NOT PASS??????????

America, the number 1 country with cancer and diabetes rates and conscumer of GMO foods, which Europe, and many other smart countries have rejected.

I'm truly astonished and ashamed of any person who voted No!!!!
Sick to my stomach at this

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

And your evidence that genetically modified foods cause cancer?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koros
reply to post by hawkiye

And your excuse for not pressing a few buttons and executing a simple search here or on any number of internet search engines resulting in loads of evidence? But nice try at trying to derail the thread and take it off topic...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koros
reply to post by hawkiye

Why dont you do us all a favor and go on a strict 1 year all gmo diet and tell us how you feel after a year.

I personally know some gmo corn farmers and their own pigs wont touch the stuff nor do any other animals touch it when left outside

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join