No on Prop. 37: Voters Reject Proposition 37 (CA GMO Labeling)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well this sucks - what's wrong with people? I know, I know, sheeple mentality and all that. But this was a no brainer. The Ad campaign was openly funded by Monsanto. Why is this not obvious to people? Man...what hope do we have?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by hawkiye

It would not just be farmers growing this crap. Ever heard of wind blowing seeds or birds carrying them? The problem is so many of you are ignorant of the reality of what is happening to farmers who are just trying to make an honest living. This would hit them way harder than the evil Monsanto.

No one hates GMO's more than me. This legislation would have created more problems than it would fix.

Well why don't you explain specifically why this would have hit farmer worse then Monsanto? You're not making any sense and quit saying you hate GMO's worse then anyone and explain to us how allowing Monsanto to cultivate them in secret stops the seed from cross pollinating into other fields? How does this help farmers?

By requiring labeling this allows consumers to vote with their feet and wallets and if they chose not to buy GMO's because they are properly informed then the company will go out of business.

How is any farmer raising GMO crops making an honest living? How is allowing GMO fields to propagate and cross pollinate with non GMO fields without having to tell anyone good in any way? Any non GMO farmer who knows their field is being cross pollinated and yet still sell their crop as non GMO is no better then those willingly growing GMO...

Yeah it is going to be painful but a hell of a lot less painful then catastrophic failure in the food supply we are heading for if we do not stop this now not to mention more cancer and disease GMO's cause.,..

I am sorry but you have either fallen for the Monsanto propaganda or are shilling for them. I would love to hear one good reason why GMO food products should not be labeled period? All this crap about poor farmers and lawsuits is etc is just a distraction. Please show me specifically how and where I am wrong?

I am a free market advocate and never trust government much less pay attention to the non-sense CA does. however this is a critical situation it is bigger then a few farmers who will be hurt by it, it effects the whole planet and our entire future. These scum bags are corrupting the seed of the earth. The winds and the birds will spread this seed world wide! And you think we should not label any food product that is GMO WTF? Are we friggen crazy? We must be to allow this! Something has to be done even if it starts with a poor law on labeling for starters...

edit on 7-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I voted no because Prop. 37 was so badly written that a organic farmer that planted a field of non GMO organic corn and had a very very small amount of pollen from a near by GMO field contaminate .01% of his field could be sued by any lawyer in the state,
Plus that organic farmer would not have any protection under the law and under that law could not sue the GMO company that damaged his crop.

They have way to many laws in calif that allow any lawyer to sue anyone without having to prove negligence of any type.

Most organic farmers don't have millions to test every grain of there crop looking for the ones that might have come into contact with pollen from Monsanto.
And if they tested every grain there would be nothing left to sell.

Just look at how many farmer have been sued by Monsanto because there crops got contaminated by pollen blowing in the wind across the US and Canada.
www.percyschmeiser.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is there any way of getting another try at GMO labels now that this has passed?
Im from the UK,so i don't know the ins and outs of it,but you should be given the choice to choose if you eat GMO or not I believe.

Hiding your product,giving no one any choice weather or not they buy it,essentially,seems a very dark and clandestine way to treat your customers.

You have to ask-Why the need to hide?
Is it because they know most people wouldn't buy GMO if it was declared as such maybe?

Keep fighting people in California and beyond-this is a disgrace IMO.
Again the mega corps have screwed you.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Maybe people should stop blaming Californians and start blaming Electronic Voting machines.
Who actually thinks millions of Californians voted against labeling their own foods? Only MORONS would believe that.

Besides Bev Harris claims 25% of the votes will not be counted for another 3 weeks, so there is no guaranteed loss here, just yet.

We need to go back to paper ballots.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

What would the legislation need to say, in your opinion, to get it to pass?

I'm not from CA, but think this issue is a national one. I'm sick of having to eat GMO foods from BPA lined cans.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
LIES LIES and more LIES! We have Monsanto employees' right here in our midst, this is certain and fact.

Now since it did not pass the only thing we can do is be grateful that it 'could' represent a win for our side anyway.

"IF" it had passed, then that would have given the endless green light to GMO industry, since it did not pass, they now are on the way out of America the same as they are being forced out of other countries.

We do not give up and we do not give in.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
All the "excuses" here are exactly the paid response which was a best case scenario for GMO industry. LOL, to wake up is a beautiful thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

As you pointed out Monsanto is already suing farmers and have judges in their pockets so its no different so lets destroy the planet and our health because some scumbag lawyer might sue an innocent farmer... Sigh. I feel for the farmer but I'm sorry why do you think Monsanto spent millions to defeat this? Because it had the potential to put them out of business despite its flaws...

You and apparently many others fell for the propaganda....

Did you read the bill? I would be curious to read the language directly from the bill (not someones commentary) that would allow organic farmers to be sued as you describe... I bet most who believe that never read the bill they just went off what someone else said. I am not saying it is true or not just that I doubt mostt actually read the bill...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

This is sick. Those list of companies do not want to let people know whats in the food. Even companies that made stuff I eat from is in that list. Wish people think more and this would of passed. I voted yes on prop 37.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am currently working on a paper for class and have viewed A LOT of websites, so I don't remember the source, but I read that as of 2006, in a survey, 40% of farmers stated they did not non-GMO seeds available to them.

I would still vote for the proposition.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
And isn't it funny that Monsanto employees cafeteria food is removed of GMO products? at least from the referenced Monsanto cafeteria discussed below

Did you know that posted in the cafeteria of the Monsanto pharmaceutical factory in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, that informs customers that
“as far as practicable, GM soya and maize (has been removed) from all food products served in our restaurant. We have taken the steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve.”
The notice was posted by the Sutcliffe Catering Group which provides Monsanto’s factory cafeteria with dining.
According to CBC Canada News “Monsanto confirms the authenticity of the notice, but company spokesman Tony Coombes says the only reason for the GM-free foods is because the company believes in choice.”

Funny, right?

Source
edit on 8-11-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yeah! Why would people want to know what they're ingesting and how it may affect their health and the health of their future lineage? What a silly proposition...

Now, let's all celebrate this great news with a feast of lard soused fast food!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koros
reply to post by hawkiye

And your evidence that genetically modified foods cause cancer?

Here you go -

Source 1

Source 2

Not that hard....take a look at the pictures.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is really, really sad

Monsanto undoubtedly lobbied and manipulated its way through this

I am also disgusted by the biased and tunnel vision tone of the article... For god's sake it looks like ot was written by one of monsantos own employees

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by MsAphrodite

What would the legislation need to say, in your opinion, to get it to pass?

I'm not from CA, but think this issue is a national one. I'm sick of having to eat GMO foods from BPA lined cans.

You're right it is a national issue, but it's even bigger than that. Monsanto is a transnational corporation. This is a global issue

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So we can't make them label GMO products.. but why can't we say "This product contains NO GMO"

That is illegal, correct? That's the most shady thing ever.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
lol does anyone honestly believe that these people DID NOT want to know what was in their food?

obvious voter fraud is obvious.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
GMO farmers should be sued. It's a beginning to get real food back into the food supply and not this franken stuff. These companies make so much in profit and with low taxes the rich get richer and the end result is the same, we eat food that has been proven to be bad for us.

Look up the link between Morgello's and GMOs.

www.naturalnews.com...

already causes tumors in rats... this stuff is slowing killing us and giving us cancer. Why should we not know what the hell we are eating? Why should Monsanto be allowed to hide with impunity?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I honestly just want to know who stood up and said "I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT I AM EATING!" ...who did it? I want to know how something like this doesn't pass.

VOTER
FRAUD

Okay? There is no other explanation. This is common sense. Put it this way right? Your wife calls and says she made dinner. What's the first thing you ask her? "What did you make" right? WHO DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE EATING?!

Someone explain this to me because, in my mind, there is no other logical explanation other than voter fraud.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join