It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIrcraft of the Future.................Thunderbirds are GO....!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Just saw this article on the BBC website and I thought i'd share the link (and images) of future aircraft designs..............

www.bbc.com...

It all looks very Thunderbird'ish and there are some really exciting design shapes shown......

It would be fantastic to look up and see these little beauties sail over head.....

regards

PDUK

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Link doesnt work goes to a bbc help page....
Fix it I wanna see the Thunderbird plane.

EDIT it is the international bbc page which we in the uk can not access...weird that seeing the BBC is in the UK.
edit on 7-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Link doesnt work goes to a bbc help page....
Fix it I wanna see the Thunderbird plane.

EDIT it is the international bbc page which we in the uk can not access...weird that seeing the BBC is in the UK.
edit on 7-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I got the same... seems to be an article for the rest of the world and not for those of us here in the UK.

Perhaps they want us to experience the same levels of frustration others get when we post iPlayer links

edit on 7/11/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
the designs are cute but if they had flying saucers back in ww2 and supersonic planes up until 2003 then these designs are kinda old not cutting edge perhaps telaportation should be explored as the next best way to travel
see links for reference

nexusilluminati.blogspot.ca...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.unknowncountry.com...

the future is now

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
That doesn't make a lot of sense.

"A wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC..." means it's a wholly owned subsidiary owned by every licence fee payer, iow, all of the British licence fee payers...and we're the only one's not 'permitted' to view it's programming?! Even though it's our money that has been invested in it?!

International viewers, who put no monies into it, CAN see the content, but the people that finance it CAN'T? What difference does it make that it's a commercial enterprise? We are able to view the crappy advertising as much as anyone elese internationally, surely?

Typical BBC making no bloody sense at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Oh wow, that "Shape shifter" one is highly strange.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Yeah good point, let's riot

2nd.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
That doesn't make a lot of sense.

"A wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC..." means it's a wholly owned subsidiary owned by every licence fee payer, iow, all of the British licence fee payers...and we're the only one's not 'permitted' to view it's programming?! Even though it's our money that has been invested in it?!

International viewers, who put no monies into it, CAN see the content, but the people that finance it CAN'T? What difference does it make that it's a commercial enterprise? We are able to view the crappy advertising as much as anyone elese internationally, surely?

Typical BBC making no bloody sense at all.

Well the overseas side of the BBC is supposed to have a funding deal with the US Department of State, perhaps these articles are simply not meant for us..

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Apologies for the link, i was unaware the BBC were so selective......

the link i have is this

www.bbc.com...

I am in Ireland and so should be working but i will try to post individual pics later if possible

Regards

PDUK

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I still get the following..

We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes. You can find out more about BBC Worldwide and its digital activities at www.bbcworldwide.com.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Are these the planes on the webpage? I can't view it either

edit on 7/11/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Fazza!

Fazza

Those are some, there are a couple more..................... thanks for those pics......

I quite like the Stealth bomber in white as a way of nipping off on holiday........

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
BBC is too busy rounding up it's pedophiles to worry that one of its website's is not accessible to the people that actually pay for it! i cant recall the last time the BBC broadcast a program that i actually wanted to watch. the sooner we stop supporting this pointless and outdated institution the better.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RestlessNRG

I have to say, that although I can understand your fustration about lack of access to a service we pay for, but I have this to say about your more general comments about the BBC. You may not like the things the BBC makes, but thier news coverage is some of the best veiwed in our country, and the organisation is responsible for some of the highest quality television available in the UK.

You may not agree with the peoples choice, but it is the peoples choice. The beeb makes some top dramas, great documentaries, and over the years has been responsible for television gold that is loved all over the world. Again, its a matter of taste, but your opinion alone cannot outwiegh that of generations of veiwers, all over the planet.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Are those real planes, or just models for new designs? Can they fly, or are they just cool designs?

I wonder.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Are those real planes, or just models for new designs? Can they fly, or are they just cool designs?

I wonder.

Druid42

from my understanding they are all drawings and designs however the article does mention that with new types of materials some of the more exotic looking aircraft will all be 'air-worthy'..........

so to answer your question i think some are and the others will be viable flying machines....

Regards
PDUK

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
While you can't directly access the page if your from the UK. You can access it in-directly if you go via a proxy server.

Like this (click or right-click & open the link in a new tab):

Proxy Server
edit on 11-11-2012 by big_BHOY because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by big_BHOY because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join