It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks as if Mr Obama has won ... How do you feel about that?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

Given the forthright nature of your political attitude, I can understand your ire at the establishment as it stands. There just wasnt a chance for your beliefs to be represented this time around was there? I can empathise with that to a degree. On some levels I tend to have the Spider Jerusalem attitude to voting.

If you want to know what that is, ask me via pm to send you a link, because I dont think its appropriate for the boards, since it may contain a curse word, and graphic imagery

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I feel 100% vindicated in my prediction to folks at work and fellow managers that Obama would win seeing as he has the most direct lineage to the British royal family just as the presidents of the last 20 years have (at least).

Been saying this since the candidates were decided. Of course I usually avoid politics here on ATS as I don't hold to any political party.

Unfortunately an Obama win means that I have to inform over 20 people that their hours are going to be reduced to part time after we resume operations following the winter slow down. I am a manager at a very popular plant nursery in town and don't enjoy this one bit as the people I am cutting hours for are the only ones I view as actually earning the pay. (They are being replaced by aqua/hyrdoponics system which currently does most of their job for a ridiculously small fraction of the cost).

I already had the displeasure of letting go of two people from our gift shop as they didn't contribute anything to the shop as I do all the merchandising, stocking, inventory and despite a 150% increase in revenues for the shop (since I took over from one of them) we couldn't afford to keep them on full time (they refused part time) due to a massive drop in plant sales.

I am also dreading all the additional paperwork which will be thrown in my warehouse from the healthcare bill . . . ugh as a former notary public I should be used to endless boring bureaucratic drivel but I still shudder.
edit on 6-11-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

I should have clarified that the folks at work all tend to be RaRa Democrats and the managers RaRa Republican (how original right?), rereading my post comes across quite elitist. My apologies.
edit on 6-11-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: doh!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thats exactly right,

My beliefs and many people like me have no chance at being heard, this is why we sat by watching Ron Paul at the debates....he was the vehicle which would introduce fresh ideas to the masses....

He would get 89 seconds of a 2 hr debate, Gary Johnson only made it to one debate....they shut us out, everytime.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Blessing in disguise.

I'm a little pissed that a 'non-drug' has threads being ripped as fast as the homies can shred em. Same old same old.

If you can't OD on it, it isn't fit for regulation. Dope sniffing drones. How will barry get over this hurdle?
edit on 6-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Seems as though Mitt Romney has now phoned Obama, and is due to speak at his rally in Boston. He dragged that out quite a bit, but I suppose after such a tight race, you would want to go to the wire wouldnt you?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I must admit, I find it bittersweet Obama won this election.... pay back for the convention is a B****

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Care to clarify just precisely what it is you mean by that? I think I got lost at the corner of Cliche and Stereotype.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

So sorry. I take great pleasure in the smallest, important victories, and voices.

Tonight, all over ats land, persons have wasted their time making threads and posts about one of the single greatest conspiracies of our era. Mari-uuuummmph. 404 not found. So we know where the keel of our beloved message board trawls.

How do I feel?

It can only get better.
edit on 6-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Thats more than fair enough. My little victory today is that it is now six in the morning here, and although I havent slept, I feel a little better than I did last night,because I am nursing flu. On the other hand, so bad was the cold, I was celebrating achievements like finding my socks and putting them on this morning.

Every little helps right?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Thank you! That is the best thing I hae seen on the net all day long. Too bad they gave the good doctor the shaft, if they hadn't, I just might have voted for Romney, instead, I abstained from voting, as I will not, with a gun to my head, make a decision between crap on bread, and a turd sandwich.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I am not sure if I really care, a part of me hoped Romney, could derail the direction my country was going in, but I did not have to much hope in that. After the past few elections I think the voice of the people in America, is not being heard so clearly.. I don't really feel anything I notice some things with Obama, in office thou I do not like much, how we deal with foreign policy concerns me, unemployment concerns me, food prices going up concerns, obamacare concerns me, unemployment over 7 percent concerns me, our deficit concerns me, as I said Romney, may have been able to try something different to fix this, but it appears taking a quote from einstein, it seems Americans, think if we do the same thing over and over again, same policies idea's spending money we do not have, issuing more welfare food stamps, etc. etc. it can fix it.

I dunno...

In another 4 years our deficit is going to be even higher... Over 20 trillion?

I wonder if and when the World bank will be calling Obama....

I feel like the people in my country do not understand how grave our condition is...

edit on 7-11-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
My feelings? Energized! Obama may have won the first battle, but he hasn't won the war! There is still plenty that the American people can do to make sure he doesn't stay in office....like impeachment! We still have a voice and we need to use it to make sure he doesn't get away for his crimes against America!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MaurinQuina

I appreciate your straight forward delivery of your opinion. May I ask what you think Romney would have done to save the economy, short of re-establishing the power of the banks, and de-regulating them in order to give them more power (which is what lead to the global banking crisis in the first place).

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EternalWatcher

Which particular criminal activities, are you refering to. And would you mind stating the statute being violated, rather than just listing a series of things he has done that you do not agree with?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by MaurinQuina

I appreciate your straight forward delivery of your opinion. May I ask what you think Romney would have done to save the economy, short of re-establishing the power of the banks, and de-regulating them in order to give them more power (which is what lead to the global banking crisis in the first place).

I did not say he would fix it. We are screwed as a World Economy... He would have created confusion changing idea's and creating bureaucracy I am not so sure Romney, would have just given the wall street bankers a green light to go back to 2007, he is white and rich, but not an idiot..

He has priors of governing seemed to do a decent to good job in his home state he governed. Looked like he wanted to create jobs and dig for oil in America, creating jobs and making us less dependent on foreign oil, etc. Had some decent idea's ways for America, to make money to pay our deficit off, exporting oil, things like that.

It was prob. all bullcrap thou..

Just sounded like a better plan then Obama's spending auto pilot, and answer to how to pay for it was taxing the rich that do not work because they are rich....

edit on 7-11-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
In Canada we were just as glued to our televisions, computers and phones and when we got the news a collective cheer went up across the wintry tundra.

Seriously though, Canadians love Obama. We are very happy for Americans.
edit on 11/7/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

It feels GOOD.
It will finally give rise to real change in the form of a third party. I believe this is the last time TPTB can play this game the jig is up. The Internet will spread the truth like the taverns did back in the day.

To all of you that follow the two party system please see the truth that is right in front of you. You are being played and no one likes being played. You are only a fool when you do not learn from your mistakes.

Obama=Bush=Clinton=Bush=Reagen=It is about time the proof is all around you now. I am by no means a genius but I can even see this truth.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

I love Canada. I have never been there, but any nation whose exports include Due South, and the musical genius of Devin Townsend cannot be a bad place.

What particularly draws the Canadian public toward Obama? I mean, using my nation as an example, I cannot conceive of a British public liking a Frech president enough to tell someone about it lol, so what is it about Obama that makes Canada smile?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Canadians have a very close tie to America being neighbours and allies. Our television and movie watching is almost exclusively American content (except for Canadian gems like Due South
). We are heavily influenced by the politics that happen south of us but we are also a very progressive country and we definitely do not like war. For us Obama's policies are very agreeable with our own ideals, especially when it comes to equality and human rights.

I think if we could have Obama after you, we would almost unanimously vote him in as our Prime Minister, Canadian or not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join