It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I donate $1000 to the Shriners, do the Children get more than $10 of that? If so, Prove it, pleas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by magickmaster

Where does the money come from, that goes to the children? Principal and interest, or just interest?

You are not making any sense here.

Are you taking out a mortgage?

When Billions of dollars are donated to an organization, tens of millions of dollars are earned as interest from the banks. In theory, an organization like this would never have to spend a dime of the interest and could effectively only give the interest to the parties who are supposed to receive all the funds.

I will assume this to be the case here unless someone can prove otherwise. I happen to know someone who did the accounting for the largest Shriners hospital in the world. And apparently, there is a ton of accounting fraud going on. Including Offshore Bank Accounts with massive amounts of money supposed to go to the children.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

As you seem to be insinuating that the "interest" on the yearly revenue is funnelled to the Masons, just how much money are you supposing goes to the Masons?

If yearly rev is around 500k and the money is held in a standard money market account, you're talking about less than 1k a year in interest . . . and that's if the balance was at 500k every month. Do you think the Masons are carrying out world domination with less than 1k investment per year? Did you expose this huge scam where the Shriner's put to use 500k towards charity and the donators are tricked into supporting Masonic domination to the tune of less than 1k?

I am constanly amazed at the ingenuity of the human imagination.
edit on 11/6/12 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by magickmaster
Where does all the money go, that people donate to the Shriner's Hospital?

I'm going to assume that only 1% goes to the children. Can any real Shriner's pull out the accounting books and tell me where all the money goes, exactly? If more than 1% goes to the children, then please prove this to me.
Thanks. Because I heard that barely any of the money donated to the Shriners, actually goes to the children. Can anyone straighten this out for me, and prove otherwise?
- Where does all the money go? Break it down, please.

I am going to assume that since you called their ledger by the term "accounting books", that you really don't know what you are talking about, and likely would not know what you were looking at if they gave it to you.

On a side note, no one uses "accounting books" anymore. They generally use a GL database on their "electronic boxes".

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Where does the money come from, that goes to the children? Principal and interest, or just interest?

When Billions of dollars are donated to an organization, tens of millions of dollars are earned as interest from the banks. In theory, an organization like this would never have to spend a dime of the interest and could effectively only give the interest to the parties who are supposed to receive all the funds.

I will assume this to be the case here unless someone can prove otherwise. I happen to know someone who did the accounting for the largest Shriners hospital in the world. And apparently, there is a ton of accounting fraud going on. Including Offshore Bank Accounts with massive amounts of money supposed to go to the children.

Billions of dollars? All at once? Without any going to expenses? Do you understand how accounting works? Or even the time value of money?

If you did you wouldn't believe such tales, if your "friend" is even real.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

OK, Mr. Accountant....lets talk "cash flow".

You can donate all year long. Problem is, bills come due while donations are still extant. So this creates issues with "cash flow".

Being a 501c, any "profits" they recieve in the form of interest payments have to be reabsorbed into the company ledger, then disbursed in accordance with the law. This disbursal has strict legal requirements so as to maintain the 501c status.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Please look up accounting 101.
You will note that a business that earns interest, must include that interest in it's filings.
It's not some mysterious slush fund that the government is too stupid to understand exists. Banks keep records. Business keep records.

This is enjoyable to see you openly air your ignorance of math and business in general.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Whatever they've got in the bank helps cover their revenue losses.

Looking at their 2009 numbers, they have $7 billion in assets, but that year took a $300 million loss. (Their hospital in Galveston, TX was wiped out by Hurricane Ike in 2008…)

But to answer the question of the OP, If you donate $1000 to the Shriners Hospital for Children, $870 goes to the taking care of the children, and $130 goes to overhead, based on this report.
edit on 2012.11.6 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My sister died from Leukemia when I was 12 and she was 10. She was treated at no cost to us by the Shriners in Tustin / Santa Ana, CA for over 8 months, and believe me when I say that especially in the era before bone-marrow transplants, their effort was heroic.

I can't speak to their "numbers" because I was 10, but the insinuation that less than 1% of the money goes to kids is chaotic evil.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Working in social services with children with MR and disabilities, all I know is that the Shriner's hospitals treated many of my clients free of charge, bettering the lives of these children, particularly regarding orthopedic issues.

Not just a few children, but a whole bunch of them. I heard nothing but good things about the treatment and the caring at Shriner hospitals.

The truth is in the deeds, and not in the rumors. The Shriners do wonderful work that is desperately needed, and no child is refused treatment.

If that isn't proof enough for you, then give your money to another charity that you feel better about. As for me, if they ask me for money, I'd be glad to give it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

The OP of the "On Masonic Charity. The world's largest non religious charity scam. On the Shriners and Jesters" provided a very tainted and many of his assertions were easily debunked. As to the rest of your threads on the Jester's, it should be noted that this was a group of Jesters from one Court in NY. I think when I did the math they were a minute percentage of a fraction of the Jesters and the Fraternity as a whole. They were punished accordingly.

Plus, just because a few Jesters did something bad doesn't mean it occurs systemically or with the charity. Being a Jester doesn't give you access to the hospital funds.

Like I said, I'm not a Shriner so I don't know the specifics, but I work on various committees and on a Charitable Board so I have some thought on how it all works. I doubt they have one giant super fund as each Hospital has a Board of Directors, it would be best to ask them.

What I can say is that all charities file the appropriate documentation with the government. I'm not sure you quite understand how charities work.

I'm not sure how many Shriners we have on this forum. All of us are Master Masons, quite a few of us are Scottish Rite Masons, a couple of us are York Rite Masons, and there are a few who belong to a variety of other groups such as Shrine, Eastern Star, etc.

Honestly though, who says you have the right to know our business?

I'm not sure that you realize how much it costs to operate, manage, maintain, and support a hospital that is providing free service.

You assume way too much. Plus, it is for you to prove, not for us to disprove. Every anti-Mason always "has someone on the inside" yet they never provide anything factual or concrete.

Pardon us if we don't follow the word of a criminal and self-admitted liar.

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

All the paperwork is a pain in the ass sometimes.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Please look up accounting 101.
You will note that a business that earns interest, must include that interest in it's filings.
It's not some mysterious slush fund that the government is too stupid to understand exists. Banks keep records. Business keep records.

This is enjoyable to see you openly air your ignorance of math and business in general.

Exactly right. That interest payment is accrued and accounted for.

It is the same reason that you can be expected to complete paying for an unused portion of a rental, or energy contract. WHen you sign, then the value of what you signed for is accrued and accounted for as an item that actually has value (with a depreciation that is, basically, an ammortization).

It is why you can sell "carbon credits" (or tax credits). They are real "things" that have a value that can be applied to a GL.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Seems you like to pick and choose what you believe and what you do not. I said many things, and believed some, but not others. Interesting phenomena of Masons, criminals and liars.

edit on 6-11-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Ill tell you the worst part is, I am not a Mason. Likely will not ever be a Mason.

Yet I spend quite a bit of time defending them on this site.

So, when you have the very premise that your OP was based on dismantled (along with the perception you have created of yourself), instead of admitting you were misunderstood you will just stick by your guns?

Yeah...ok....whatever.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Ill tell you the worst part is, I am not a Mason. Likely will not ever be a Mason.

Yet I spend quite a bit of time defending them on this site.

So, when you have the very premise that your OP was based on dismantled (along with the perception you have created of yourself), instead of admitting you were misunderstood you will just stick by your guns?

Yeah...ok....whatever.

I have a stack of documents that were scanned, and they have been uploaded all over the net, but not released.
Maybe I should have a vote called to see if I should dump them online? I have lots of "Proof" of what I am talking about here.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

By all means, do it.

And if you don't, and you really have this proof, you are a vile human for not releasing it.

I smell BS.

"OH, i have proof scanned in. Reams of documents. I just don't want to share them. I would rather all you guys sit here and call me stupid for not knowing about accounting and wanting to talk accounting principles"

Yeah.
edit on 6-11-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Why dump them somewhere else? Why take a vote? If they are uploaded all over the net, why not just post the links to their location here?

Or upload them to ATS and display them?

The truth is always paramount.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

By all means, do it.

And if you don't, and you really have this proof, you are a vile human for not releasing it.

I smell BS.

I've debated doing that for about 10 years now, but hesitate because I'm not a mean person. It could literally destroy the Shriners and cause LOTS of problems for them. That's not a decision to be made easily. I have kept it in place, so that if they ever really upset me or bother me in my life, it will get released.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

Why dump them somewhere else? Why take a vote? If they are uploaded all over the net, why not just post the links to their location here?

Or upload them to ATS and display them?

The truth is always paramount.

They are uploaded, but they are not public.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You are doing a great disservice by not bringing the truth forward. Masons do not take kindly to criminals, so if the whole organization is suspect it would be a pretty big deal.

Keeping the truth to yourself is a selfish act. Let it set you free.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

You are doing a great disservice by not bringing the truth forward. Masons do not take kindly to criminals, so if the whole organization is suspect it would be a pretty big deal.

Keeping the truth to yourself is a selfish act. Let it set you free.

This post should start the ball rolling along.
I'm hesitant to do something that big. But I certainly think about it often.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join