It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Black Panthers Back at the Same ’08 Polling Place in Philadelphia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They're Back!! Wow! This takes some guts. At least I don't see anyone brandishing a billy club. This is what happens when the politically charged DOJ dismisses charges against this same group who got caught red handed on video breaking the law in 2008... Talk about an EF you statement to the system and this country...

There’s a disturbing report coming out of Philadelphia, as it’s been confirmed that New Black Panthers are, once again, outside of a polling place — the same location they stood at, batons in hand, back in 2008 (the address is 12 and Fairmount, Ward 14).

TheBlaze originally received the following image of one of one alleged Panthers outside of the station via e-mail this morning, then FOX News confirmed their presence in a subsequent report with video.

While troubling, this development may not be entirely surprising. In a September 2012 radio interview, the Black Panthers national chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz claimed that his group may, once again, take to the polling stations on election day.

“I will say that as this election comes up in November, we will consider our options,” Shabazz said during his interview with WABC. “And we will consider the fact whether we will legally and lawfully go to the polls again to make sure there is no intimidation against our people, which was our intent in 2008.”

www.theblaze.com...

Let's hope this does not evolve or show up at other locations. I hear that appointe GOP poll watchers have already been removed from certain polling locations... NOT GOOD!

Thread regarding the ouster of GOP appointees
www.abovetopsecret.com...

WTH is going on here!!
edit on 6-11-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The NBPP are nothing but in real life trolls.......they consist of 10 nutcases that live in their mothers' basement.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Look, we already know that this administration ignores the law or actually, they just pick and choose which ones to enforce.
Eric Holder is probably the most corrupt AG that ive ever seen and that says a lot because Janet Reno was pretty bad herself.
The black panthers got a free pass last year and they will this year as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

If they are just a bunch of nutcases living in their mom's basement, then why are they allowed to violate federal law? What makes them so special that they get what amounts to a free pass?

This particular group has a history of calling for violence against anyone who is not black & I imagine some non-black voters could be frightened by their presence and may decide not to vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What is the point here? Do these guys think that Romney supporters are going to lose their minds and vote Obama instead simply because there's some random black dude hanging around out front? I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I don't think they will change anyone's vote, I do however see the potential for voters not voting at all because of their presence.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

But what if I was going to vote for Obama? Are they trying to prevent anyone voting for either candidate? Or maybe they figure only Romney folks would fear them? So far all they have done is threaten violence. How would they decide who to attack?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They had better take a look at Obamas face today, he already knows that he is not going to win, it is decided. His face, his eyes, he cannot hide it, he knows it is over.

So are the Panthers the ones who are going to riot after the election results come in?

No decisions will be made tonight most probably. I do not know, this is going to be CRAZY, I think I need a nap and then a pot of coffee for the election results.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Do they realize that republicans also vote democratic and all the other parties? Just because you are registered as a certain party you are not obliged to vote for that party, it works both ways and they may in fact tip the vote of the undecided with their show of aggression.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I wish I lived in that area, I'd show up and stand right next to them , then if they wanted to intimidate people I would gladly stand there and put them in their place. Worst case scenario them and I end up in jail and that solves the problem. I really don't understand why people put up with these thugs? Grow a backbone and tell them to get the hell out, the same as I would do in my local neighborhood with slum lords, drug pushers, etc... I myself just don't tolerate any of it, and will speak my opinion loudly if needed. And I am far from a big person, matter of fact I am due for another back surgery next week, yes I can stand upright but it wouldn't take much to bring me to my knees, yet I would not let that change the fact of letting them know they need to stop their crap....

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I don't think they will attack, all talk, no action kind of thing, & the threats were made in the past. (None happened today as far as I know)

I don't think they thought that far ahead since they apparently have not realized that some of the "white devils" they may scare offcould have been a vote lost for Obama. They could potentially be harming the canidate they favor. (Idiots all the way around IMO)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

It would be funny if someone dressed up in some funny nerd costume & stood at the doors as well. I think it would lighten the mood and end any potential for fear caused to voters.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
They're Back!! Wow! This takes some guts.

What it takes is a lot of stupidity and racism on their part ... and a lot of backing by Obama's Department of (IN)justice head .. Eric Holder. :shk:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
What is the point here? Do these guys think that Romney supporters are going to lose their minds and vote Obama instead simply because there's some random black dude hanging around out front? I don't get it.

Really? You don't get the point? The point is that illegal and down right disgusting voter intimidation is being allowed by Obamas Department of (IN)Justice and it's head .. Eric Holder. If it were the KKK or Neo-Nazis showing up in 'black' neighborhoods at the places to vote .. and they were carrying weapons .. clubs ... and Romneys Dept of Justice continually looked the other way .... would you get the point then??

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
People in this country scare me.

I just wanna go out and make my own decisions,based on my own knowledge.

I don't wanna know your point of view,I don't want to listen to you trying to change mine.

None of this matters anyway,the people that #ed everything up will be there after whomever is elected anyway.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE!!!!.

Moooo.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If it was my neighborhood I would let them know they have a set of crosshairs on them.

Would be fun to have a laser pointer to get their attention
edit on 6-11-2012 by mikellmikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
While I don't support them, I suppose it balances out the 'True the Vote" Tea Party folks who are trying to intimidate voters under the guise of helping to stop voter fraud.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Do they realize that republicans also vote democratic and all the other parties? Just because you are registered as a certain party you are not obliged to vote for that party, it works both ways and they may in fact tip the vote of the undecided with their show of aggression.

That seems to be the trend in among some groups, that if you're white then you're a racist Republican Tea Party nut job hell bent on corrupting the polls and your sole motivation is to vote for the 'white guy', like Romney is the only choice.

It's saddening, that in the eyes of some, this is not an election about a candidate's qualifications and past record, but purely based on race. Even white people that vote for Obama will not be judged any differently.
Prejudged I should say.

The Black Panthers standing there to insure 'their people' are not intimidated. Who's doing the intimidation here?
Them or 'True the Vote'?

edit on 6-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I see a lot of complaining about the DoJ but can someone tell me what laws are actually being broken?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I see a lot of complaining about the DoJ but can someone tell me what laws are actually being broken?

Maybe this one?

LII

18 USC § 594 - Intimidation of voters

Whoever intimidates, threatens, coerces, or attempts to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, at any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing such candidate, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join