It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Amazing How Many Believe The Political Theater is Real...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Geez where are all the Voters? Oh yah, they're voting. What a ruse our society is. How little they actually put into our feeling "empowered".

You pay taxes all year from your paycheck and then at the end of the year they give you back a little bit. Whoopee!
We go to church and they tell us, everything is all right. Just "believe it". Our eyes tear and our minds go blank.

And every few years we pilgrimage to voting booths to show our "choice", knowing full well that nothing ever gets any better. In fact lately, its gotten a lot worse.

But we all go whoopee as our eyes tear and our minds go blank.

Is this Stepford?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

the points you bring to the table is exactly what i tell my family and friends yet they just dont get it,and at times it seems like they dont want to get it.there logic seems to have been twisted around with the lies. it is beating a dead horse and with the new generation i am afraid its getting worse.i am afraid of whats to come i dont see light in the tunnel. people are just insane doing the same thing expecting a new outcome.and mind numbed wile at it. is this what it was like in the nazi camps?lol,hey lets escape,-huh? lets escape,-the food is coming hurry to the line,-oh ok hurry let beat that group to it. it is fustrating to see.
edit on 6-11-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

But at the same time, I read your post. The post of someone who thanks and questions their surroundings.
So as a result I am reassured and my confidence in the future of our society increases.

Just remember, believe in yourself and trust in your heart and mind combined.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
In a faith dominated society its easy to understand why people put so much blind faith in our political system. While at one point our political system was truly controlled by the people it is now used as a means to control the people.

Divide and conquer. The closer the race the easier it is to rig. Why risk nominating one puppet candidate when you can nominate two and either way its a win for tptb?

Don't let them take what power you have left and remember that this country was founded upon the fundamentals of revolution.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The idea that "politics is a fake" is not new and is repeated in every thread having anything to do with politics.

Its amazing that people who say "its a theatre" think they are having some kind of revolutionary view point. We get it, politics "arent real", okay. Now, can every other poster stop repeating this?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
The idea that "politics is a fake" is not new and is repeated in every thread having anything to do with politics.

Its amazing that people who say "its a theatre" think they are having some kind of revolutionary view point. We get it, politics "arent real", okay. Now, can every other poster stop repeating this?

Gee I guess you have not read all the partisan bickering even here on this site by folks who believe the political theater is real? No most do not get it and this message cannot be repeated enough! Take responsibility for what you "CHOSE" to read instead of acting like a 2 year old and expecting everyone to only post stuff you want to read and coming on here and trying to tell us what not to post!

Moving on thanks to everyone for all the great comments and special thanks to Muzzleflash for really digging into this! As I said it cannot be emphasized and repeated enough until most people do get it!

So who do you think gets kicked off the Island tonight... Just kidding

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Our problems as a society and civilization are too numerous to list, and new ones arise far faster than old ones are solved. Our dilemma isn't that we aren't capable of solving our problems, the dilemma is that it is more profitable for those at the top of the food chain to allow problems to fester.

This grants incentive to purposely derail any significant attempts at problem solving.

So really what this all boils down to are issues within economics and civil liberties.

Strategically, the key to undoing this unfortunate series of events, is education and self empowerment.

In order to trump the power elite and nullify or neutralize their inordinate influence, it is imperative that people become aware of their surroundings and the facts pertaining to them.

Not only that, people have to start being responsible for them self. Too many rely on government to fix problems.

For example, knowing which products to buy, and which ones to boycott. Simply investigate where and how and for what costs human or environmental, these products entail. By avoiding unethical business practices you will raise the bar and living standards for everyone, including the robber barons although they may not realize it.

Knowing that the MSM spins everything and twists truth into lies, empowers individuals to actively seek better sources of information, which increases education levels and thus living standards.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow my text did not post? I was quoting to say that a lot of people in today's society rely too much on the government to fix problems.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Now, can every other poster stop repeating this?

NEVER!

You are part of the problem if you try and silence the issue. As long as there are people who still believe the farce that we call "elections" we must continue to repeat this message, over and over and over. If you don't like it I suggest you should avoid ATS during election time.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

In order to trump the power elite and nullify or neutralize their inordinate influence, it is imperative that people become aware of their surroundings and the facts pertaining to them.

This is true this is why it it so important to continue to get this message out. If this was just a bad reality show it would be one thing but people are dying and being harmed because of this political theater. Especially those in foreign countries brainwashed into thinking they are fighting for freedom. These sociopaths that participate in this show are willing to kill and harm others to ensure the show goes on... Makes me sick so many buy into this garbage

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoodSpirit
It still amazes and amuses me to see the partisan squabling on this site. People coming up with some republican viewpoint to bash the democrats and vice versa.

I shake my head and think haven´t they learned a thing the past 10 years? And that's on a conspiracy site.

I agree. I would think most members of ATS are past party affiliation.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The reason it is so important to keep repeating it is because we need to change the system! How can we change it when people don't believe a problem exists..they sense it that is for sure, that is why there is so much division but they assume its the other persons fault or political ideology. Instead of realizing that are being lulled to sleep by experts who want you to stay divided and confused. We need to fight this, people need to once again begin questioning everything because it is not as it seems.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm so glad you posted this thread!!

I kept saying dunk the vote....but not a lot of people listened to me.www.youtube.com...

They voted for the lesser of two evils.

My grandma on the other hand! She actually listened to me and researched and realized she will never vote again. She's 65 so I think that's awesome!!
edit on 6-11-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

There is sooooo much that goes into voting, people do not realize the consequences their consent in holding up a de facto empire is having.

No matter who you vote for, everything stays the same, but it does not have to. We can have the republic we once had.

I encourage everyone who is disillusioned with this current system to read The Red Amendment.

Nationality is Key
edit on 6-11-2012 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

People like to say "its all fake you are all being fooled" so they can look down on others without actually saying anything constructive or intelligent. Shameful.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

People like to say "its all fake you are all being fooled" so they can look down on others without actually saying anything constructive or intelligent. Shameful.

Sen. Michael Bennet to Sen. Hutchinson "It's All Rigged"

Is this constructive enough for you?

Even Senators admit that the voting process is rigged. Yes I admit his statement was not about a presidential election but it sheds light that the voting process and democracy is a joke.
edit on 11/6/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

No, people like to say it because its true.

And we repeat it because we are feeling flabbergasted. The same cycles happen every election, and nothing changes. The same empty rhetoric is thrown around, and nothing changes.

How long will it take for people to see the charade for what it is?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

WELL SAID MY MAN!

Whats even more amazing is how many people here on ATS, with hard evidence posted every day incriminating both parties, still buy into it...
At least the majority of the sheep only watch the MSM. Then I can understand why they're ignorant.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon

reply to post by hawkiye

No, people like to say it because its true.

And we repeat it because we are feeling flabbergasted. The same cycles happen every election, and nothing changes. The same empty rhetoric is thrown around, and nothing changes.

How long will it take for people to see the charade for what it is?

Hear Hear!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You know it is funny. I'm so. Sick of seeing nothing but posts about the stupid presidential elections. People are so blind

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join