It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study shows the Choice of the Observer Creates Reality

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I am. Therefore, I am.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I get tired of this "mystery". Wave? Particle. Particle? Wave. If the particles are to small to see, then we go "Quantum". Yes, a tree makes noise when it falls and no one is around to hear it.
They are "waves of particles". See?

As above, so below.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
I tend to disagree with a one sided notion of any kind this included. All this experiment shows is that everything exists in a state of possibility which means in order to fully be in understand and make use of reality we have to let go of the idea that it is ever one or the other. It is all things and nothing happening at once. We can chose one over the other but the result will always only be half the truth and thus our predictions based on that truth will fail some of the time as the other half of the truth makes itself known. Materialism and non materialism mind or matter all at once neither or both is

Much love

In other words, you are referring to the duality of this universe.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I get tired of this "mystery". Wave? Particle. Particle? Wave. If the particles are to small to see, then we go "Quantum". Yes, a tree makes noise when it falls and no one is around to hear it.
They are "waves of particles". See?

Absolute truth cannot be ever known completely by itself. It has to be measured continuously and the measurement problems scale exponentially when one tries to 'measure' something not in his own level. But there is no limit to the measurement itself, what is not completely known today could be understood better tomorrow, but there is no guarantee of reaching the complete answer ever, just increasing consistent ones.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
I am. Therefore, I am.

You can also thinking of it as this way.

Everything exists to create me!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I see a little scientist skeptic shrinking back going "nooooo, not the nonlocality"...and a big light orb dancing in front of him saying "yes, my pretty, yes."

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

I guess it could be possible to see it as we (the person whom makes the choice) stays put and our universe with its options "follows" this person in the chosen decision. BUT considering the multiverse makes this much more fun!
With instead us going around in between the different universes.
Suddenly I feel so much more free and "universal"

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LordSkanda

Absolute truth cannot be ever known completely by itself.

You mean by themselves? There are a lot of little truths. I don't know of any "absolutes".

It has to be measured continuously and the measurement problems scale exponentially when one tries to 'measure' something not in his own level.

Isn't that the problem though? That the measuring interferes with the data?

But there is no limit to the measurement itself, what is not completely known today could be understood better tomorrow, but there is no guarantee of reaching the complete answer ever, just increasing consistent ones.

Until what? We discover the infinitely small and the infinitely large? Physically speaking, there are limits... our eyes and our fingers.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Since no one can be another person, or even eavesdrop on their reality, it is hard to prove that there is really no one else alive except you, and everything else is your own personal universe. A mind bender of the first order.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
if we die, the world doesn't stop existing, just as japan doesn't stop existing because you're not physically there.

so that means that if there are no humans, the universe will still exist.

for it to exist, it must mean that someone is the final observer. the being that created everything, must then logically have observed everything in the entire universe.

that can only be God.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
for it to exist, it must mean that someone is the final observer.
that can only be God.

A simplistic explanation that doesn't stand up to scrutiny, and has been debunked decades ago.

Consider the two slit / photon experiment where the photon is a particle if one observed which slit it went through, and only in the case of such an observation.
If god really was an observer, the observation (and particle mode) would happen 100 percent of the time, and in every single case where those conditions were setup, for the entire existence of the universe.

But it doesnt.
So he isnt.

Actually such NON observations of the universe through its history are proof that NO god-like observer exists.

edit on 6-11-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
You really think you have a choice, battery humans?!...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Awesome! Thanks for sharing~
This takes the double-slit experiment one step further...
"What the bleep do we know" now

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Then we're in for some crap this election time, all the nutcases who want corpocracy wanting Rotney to win ... I even seen some lunatic saying they would have preferred Palin
That b*** is only good at one thing and it aint got nothing to do with presidential at all. If she is even good at that.

Republicans need to throw their crackpipes in the toilet and quit cold turkey. Or we're doomed.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
if we die, the world doesn't stop existing, just as japan doesn't stop existing because you're not physically there.

so that means that if there are no humans, the universe will still exist.

for it to exist, it must mean that someone is the final observer. the being that created everything, must then logically have observed everything in the entire universe.

that can only be God.

Err nope.....The universe and everything contained within quite possibly observes itself.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...A chair to us is just a chair.....Wonder what the chair thinks about our observation ?

Actually, I haven't ever said that before, but something along similar lines to demonstrate, just because an object is inanimate, doesn't mean the object isn't aware.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There is no evidence for anything beyond (quantum) materialism. This experiment does not prove anything supernatural, immaterial or any special role for consciousness. That is just a misunderstanding based on pop-sci articles in the media.

I doubt this experiment actually changes our understanding of the universe, quantum mechanics has been know for almost a hundred years, and many delayed choice experiments were performed. Its most likely just another confirmation of mainstream quantum physics, no metaphysical BS needed.

edit on 6/11/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well the way see it we are all god. Everything that is, is god experiencing itself. Everything that 'happens' to us is our own creation and people and situations that we interract with are reflections of ourselves.They have to be because nothing exists. No time, no space, no gravity. Basically we are all figments of our own imaginations.
The scriptures told us, we misunderstood. Quantum Physics told us, we misunderstood. If you could let go of the need for proof and measurements and observed your own life you would see this to be true.
As a species we are simply too primitive to measure and prove this and even if we could it wouldn't be believed. As three dimensional beings, we're really not that smart.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

WOW! you sure get upset when someone mentions God!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have long thought that the multiversal theory needed one simple amendment. That being, that for every single action, or choice, on the part of everything from electrons to an electorate (yeah, I went there), there is a new universe formed, an utterly unique set of causality, which branches off from the original thousands and thousands and thousands of times per second.

I do not hold to the idea that there are limited numbers of dimensions, because choice is functionally infinite, and it is choice or possibilities that provides the potential for new dimensions to be formed. But I do not believe that current thinking takes these things into account.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by LordSkanda

You mean by themselves? There are a lot of little truths. I don't know of any "absolutes".

There are axioms and much of the problems in the scientific world deals with reducing this universe to an axiom i.e. a self evident fact to make sure we are seeing and understand this world as it truly is.

Isn't that the problem though? That the measuring interferes with the data?

Not always, consider the value of Pi and Irrational Numbers, they can be measured, but they have to be measured continuously to the latest decimal places always, we have not reached the final answer to them yet and I doubt we ever will.

Until what? We discover the infinitely small and the infinitely large? Physically speaking, there are limits... our eyes and our fingers.

Our limits of eyes and fingers are artificial. Take for instance the LHC, the LHC has reduced and broadened our perception to the level of quantum science. In this regards, the most important sensory organ within us is our brain, not eyes or limbs.

And it is not a question of the infinitely large or small either. This ideal of 'infinite' is a flawed human invention. There is no true infinite level above or below or anywhere actually. If we think things through and observe them well, I have no doubts we will discover trends in them which point to an even higher or lower 'infinity' within them. Evertything can be broken down and categorized eventually with enough time and resources. That's the greatness of human spirit and I celebrate it and I believe all of us here should too.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join