It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study shows the Choice of the Observer Creates Reality

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...A chair to us is just a chair.....Wonder what the chair thinks about our observation ?

Actually, I haven't ever said that before, but something along similar lines to demonstrate, just because an object is inanimate, doesn't mean the object isn't aware.

Clint...is that you?

*kidding*

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...A chair to us is just a chair.....Wonder what the chair thinks about our observation ?

Actually, I haven't ever said that before, but something along similar lines to demonstrate, just because an object is inanimate, doesn't mean the object isn't aware.

Clint...is that you?

*kidding*

He is more right than all of us think. He is right in saying all things possess a fundamental awareness i.e consciousness. I will try to prove this in the weeks ahead. I 'm just waiting for my thread creation privileges to get unlocked.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LordSkanda

the most important sensory organ within us is our brain, not eyes or limbs.

You first must open the book with your hands and read it with your eyes. Thats what I meant. The smaller the book, the harder it is to interface with it. Easier to induce miscalculations and false readings.

And it is not a question of the infinitely large or small either. This ideal of 'infinite' is a flawed human invention. There is no true infinite level above or below or anywhere actually.

If your hand could stretch all the way to the end of the Universe... wait, there is no end.

Evertything can be broken down and categorized eventually with enough time and resources.

Thats like dividing a line into infinite pieces. Can't be done. That part of the problem. "Breaking things down" keeps us from seeing what is in front of our noses. Forest for the trees kind of thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

You first must open the book with your hands and read it with your eyes. Thats what I meant. The smaller the book, the harder it is to interface with it. Easier to induce miscalculations and false readings.

You will find it true the opposite way too. The larger something is, we once again run into problems with interfacing with it.

If your hand could stretch all the way to the end of the Universe... wait, there is no end.

Again the endless aspect of the universe is an ideal we must continuously measure. We can build a theoretical hand with prosthetic. Some didn't even need them, ask Hawkings.

Thats like dividing a line into infinite pieces. Can't be done. That part of the problem. "Breaking things down" keeps us from seeing what is in front of our noses. Forest for the trees kind of thing.

Its not the question of what cannot be done. Science is all about proving ideals by constantly measuring it with better and better tools of observation, whether its the mind or machines. You can say the LHC and scanning tunneling microscopes are mankind's eyes in the realm of quantum mechanics./
edit on 7-11-2012 by LordSkanda because: edited quote

edit on 7-11-2012 by LordSkanda because: quote edit

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Clint...is that you?

*kidding*

Who the hell is Clint ? lol

I think I missed the memo on that one.

I know my thoughts are controversial on this, but let's face it....All bets are off until there is absolute proof in one direction or another.

In the meantime, this is my take on it all.

But seriously...Who's Clint ? I have no idea what you are referencing in jest

edit on 7-11-2012 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LordSkanda

Science is all about proving ideals by constantly measuring it with better and better tools of observation, whether its the mind or machines.

I think we have reached a barrier both ways... small and large. Or in and out. Thats what the conjecture of this thread is about? We are bumping up to the detectable limits of the known Universe... again. This time though, the barrier is in our mind. I know that space goes for ever. Unlike in the Movie, "The Truman Show", space goes on forever. The only boundary is in our heads. The only way I am ever going to get there is to die first. Then the rules which govern this three dimensions are changed. We experience the fourth. So, we are everywhere at once. Or something like that.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I like to think of wave/particle duality as being evidence that we exist in a multiverse.

The wave aspect of a particle in effect being its existence smeared across the multiverse. Our consciousness traverses this multiverse and everything that we experience and perceive is the point that our consciousness intersects points in space/time (and possibly other dimensional qualities) of the multiverse.

That would put us at the center of our own universe, if I were to take the place of your consciousness I would in effect be in a different universe. Me and you could both look at a chair, exactly the same photon particles would be hitting our retinas allowing us to view the chair, only that the same photons are separated in space/time.

I wish everyday life was this simple.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well this is great if I want to create a wave or a particle but what I want to create is wealth and happiness. I am on the fence as far as the law of attraction goes. I've seen it work with amazing accuracy and I've seen if fail miserably. In any event so what. If we want waves or particles this is great news but hardly earth shattering.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iam'___'
I like to think of wave/particle duality as being evidence that we exist in a multiverse.

The wave aspect of a particle in effect being its existence smeared across the multiverse. Our consciousness traverses this multiverse and everything that we experience and perceive is the point that our consciousness intersects points in space/time (and possibly other dimensional qualities) of the multiverse.

That would put us at the center of our own universe, if I were to take the place of your consciousness I would in effect be in a different universe. Me and you could both look at a chair, exactly the same photon particles would be hitting our retinas allowing us to view the chair, only that the same photons are separated in space/time.

I wish everyday life was this simple.

Your ideas are in the right direction. All you need to do is give up and let go of this illusion of an cumulative universe that make your perfect vision and ideals not recognize reality.

Why do we need a common universe at all for all of it to make sense? Why can't we simply accept anything and everything can have an universe to itself?

Imagine the ideal of a proton, neutron and electrons to universes by themselves.. Imagine the ideals of the atoms for having ideals by themselves in terms of molecules. Imagine the ideals of our cells and the perfect environment they can have by themselves. Last of all imagine the ideals our own miserable little human lives could have and how they could be if followed to their truths. Our universe is nothing more than these ideals coming together in terms of our consciousness.

One of the last barriers Humans will have to give up is the ideal of their universe itself. Ultimately humans will have to accept that the world and universe they live in is made nothing more of their pitiful hope and selfish aspirations and the true universe is something different altogether. On the day we realize this, we shall start burning textbooks and institutions which have been lying to us all these times all along and my heart will rejoice in nothing more than this gory fact.

edit on 7-11-2012 by LordSkanda because: grammar

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordSkanda

Why do we need a common universe at all for all of it to make sense? Why can't we simply accept anything and everything can have an universe to itself?

Imagine the ideal of a proton, neutron and electrons to universes by themselves..

That is more or less, more less than more, what I was saying, i just used human consciousness as an example of a focal point in the intersection of the multiverse, i just didn't extend it to 'inanimate' objects.

But I do agree with you, why not? I believe our consciousness has its own wave function and exists across the multiverse, dreams are where we exit the focal point that our brains have tuned us to, allowing us to traverse our alternate realities. Everything has a wave function and all existence has the same origin.

I think humanity is beginning to respect this now, our understanding towards nature has come on leaps and bounds in the last few hundred years, I think it is only a matter of time where all matter and energy gains the same respect, nothing would exist without the other, we all need each other.

Bloody great thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join