It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Rock wants you to vote for the white guy for president...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
aww cmon it was funny , and how is it racist to make fun of a black guy who acts like he is white , when he was raised by white parents ! its not racist just an observation !

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Gotta love Chris Rock LOL....I was ROTF watching that.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Hey Now, I am very familiar with Chris Rock and his schtick. I don't really find him that funny to begin with. I'm all for the mood to lighten, I'm just saying — if this was flipped a whole lot of people would not think its so funny.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I wasn't going to watch it because I don't like Rock particularly, but it did make me laugh especially the size of the family's
har
gonna have to share this one on FB

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Okay, i HAD to log in to post this but... did anyone notice he said "Barry" was the "3rd whitest name on earth" while showing an article for "nation's whitest names"?

See! I knew it! Americans do think the world revolves around them!

That's my fun for tonight...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI
EVEN FUNNIER than this was how badly the Conservatives here were DROOLING at the title of this thread...

...that was UNTIL they hit the play button on the video!!

I bet most of them almost broke their mouse-clicking finger in attempt to hurry up and play the video so that they can have it quickly forwarded into Hanity, Rush and Levin and the other BOZOS on the radio to show how an African American wants the "white guy"!!

Good stuff Chris Rock!!

edit on 4-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

You sig lines - you seem very confused about things.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by awhtap

Hey Now, I am very familiar with Chris Rock and his schtick. I don't really find him that funny to begin with. I'm all for the mood to lighten, I'm just saying — if this was flipped a whole lot of people would not think its so funny.

That's true the Bushisms were and still are hilarious, I am looking forward to the day we can get back to

having a sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo

Funny, yes. Politically relevant, no.

I think the message was more for non white voters the anything. Just because Chris Rock, a black comedian, supports Romney, must mean he is real progressive.

That is the real joke
edit on 4-11-2012 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

LMAO you totally didn't watch the video...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

People who think that President Obama got in on the black vote are very misled.

Every black person in America, including newborns, could vote, and it wouldn't be enough to sway the election.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Man thats funny.

Chris is a fantastic comedian. Love his views on gun control (make bullets 5k.a piece). Amusing, and would probably work.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am not a big Chris Rock fan but that was funny!

Barry...Mom pants...Whiter than Snooky!
edit on 5-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo

Funny, yes. Politically relevant, no.

I think the message was more for non white voters the anything. Just because Chris Rock, a black comedian, supports Romney, must mean he is real progressive.

That is the real joke
edit on 4-11-2012 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

I am embarassed for you....

-le sigh-

(psst...he was suggesting the white guy was Obama..then went on about how Obama is white (name, color, etc etc etc..oh nevermind..either watch the video or don't comment on a thread about a video...)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Anyone remember the "How to not get you ass kicked by Police".... That had me in tears lol

DOs: "Is there a problem officer?"

DONTs: "What the F**K you want M***erF***ker!?

*getting the sh*t beaten*

I would post the video but i'm at work. /

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have never really *liked* Chris Rock per se, but that WAS FUNNY!! Is Chris Rock racist...maybe, but I really don't care either way.....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
it's funny and I'm all for all types of uncensored comedy .. but lets face it, censorship does exists for certain people .. there's definitely a double standard .. if he's allowed to do this, white comedians should be able to 'make fun of' someone for 'being black' .. it's hypocritical to say 'ha ha so funny' .. but then when the table's turned on you, suddenly you're offended .. all should be fair game or none
edit on 5-11-2012 by dude77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think Chris Rock is so funny. I think he is making fun of all the stereotypes that people are familiar with. I think it is pure comic genius that he basically takes everyone and throws them in the same basket and makes fun of them.
A real breath of fresh air in an election that has been looming in the shadow of racial paranoia.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dude77

What we have now is because of history.. if black people had enslaved white people, now white people being the underdog could say that about black people.

Its like a sexy good looking girl going onto a stage and bashing ugly fat girls. But fat ugly girls could bash pretty girls all they like and it won;t be a big deal. (Yes! my metaphor made sense!)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I didn't like Chris either, the first time I heard him. (Just the sound of his voice, really. I'm a bit of an audiophile and it was like fingernails on a blackboard.)

Of course, I didn't like beer the first time I tasted it either. So in both cases it was an acquired taste with a big payoff.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth
I think Chris Rock is so funny. I think he is making fun of all the stereotypes that people are familiar with. I think it is pure comic genius that he basically takes everyone and throws them in the same basket and makes fun of them.
A real breath of fresh air in an election that has been looming in the shadow of racial paranoia.

yeah it is funny .. and it also brings to light the hypocrisy and double standard that goes around .. making fun of white folks seems to be the fad these days .. everyone else is off limits .. what's the deal with that ? .. I love how everyone praises these types of jokes but the minute someone makes a joke about someone who's black or a minority, everyone goes into a rage and vilifies the comedian/person who said it .. it's ironic I see people saying 'lighten up' .. for those are the very same people who 'need to lighten up' because they're the same ones who would go into an uproar over an 'ethnic joke' .. either everyone should be fair game or none

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
"is it a pitbull? Is it a rottweiler? Nooooo." Lmfao
I kinda wish they did have a pitbull, lol

They do, but she's busy trying to get high school kids to eat their veggies right now. Wait 'til next term!!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join