It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing 2012 Faith?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I would like to first state. I am well aware the whole Mayan Calender thing is not until the end of Decmeber.
However I am interested to hear who Believed something big was going to happen in 2012. But are now thinking they drank the Cool-aid a little to soon.

Personally mid 2011, I had no doubt something big was comming. It seemed predictions from multiple sources were coming together. The earth was grumbling. Volcanoes, earthquakes, tidawaves, mass animal deaths and so on. Come 2012 and well.... If something big were to happen in Decemeber, there are no signs of it right now.

I for one think 2012 will end with people feeling silly (myself included).

Who else here has changed their minds in the events of 2012?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by groundy056

interesting title.
U just gave your self answer.
2012 FAITH
nothing more.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The latest I've heard was that on the 23rd the sun will become a red giant and kill everything. I'm not really sure which one of these implausible stories to believe so I'll just go ahead and believe none of them. Even if one of them were true, it's not like anyone can do anything about it. As for the elites building themselves underground bases so they'll possibly live - I have serious concerns for the future of humanity if THAT is the gene pool we have to rebuild from. God have mercy.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by groundy056

I am of the same opinion as always- either something will happen or nothing will happen. I'm not altering my life. I'm always ready for a disaster because I've been through a few. I will be doing what I am always doing in mid December, which is prepping for the huge family Christmas Eve party which is held at my house. Come the New Year I won't hold it against the "doom sayers" if nothing happens, and if by some weird chance something DOES happen I won't hold it against those that said nothing would happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Oh I am the same. I have never made any life changes for any prediction. I just follow the events. I don't want to see death. But I was looking forward to maybe a new world. Something to give man a chance to change things heavily

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have already received my "I survived the December 21 2012 Apocalypse" Tee shirt
Although,, i will be taking that day off and setting up the panic room,, just for fun of course

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I drank the whole 2 L jar of the same Kool-Aid they fed me while it was still cool and refreshing..but not so much anymore... If 12/21/12 comes and passes with nothing whatsoever significant happening then I'm forever jumping off the future doomsday bandwagons.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Haha Purple. I actually said the same thing to myself. This one (in my life time) has had the most evidence. If something does not happen, I will be not following any others.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yah I definitely know what you mean... I'm planning on having an epic day that day just in case the E.Ts get stuck in the cosmic traffic.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by groundy056
.... If something big were to happen in Decemeber, there are no signs of it right now.

What kind of signs are you looking for, anything in particular ??

With all the earthquakes we had I don't believe we had any signs prior to them happening. I don't think Japan received any signs before their big one. When most life changing events happen there are no sign and if there are most people ignore them and only see what they wanna see. But the earth is changing and crazy weather and earthquakes are occurring in places that haven't seen this things happen before. I have lived in NJ for over 20 years now and NY prior to that and have never seen anything like hurricane Sandy that we just had and Irene last year. The global economy is spiraling out of control and contrary to what MSM might say, it is not improving.

So if you are looking for signs there are plenty of them, but as far as something happening on 12/21/12, I don't believe anything will happen on that particular day, but we will see more crazy weather and more tough economic times.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I believe in the "self-fullfilling-prophecy" phenomena - but that's as far as it goes, for me.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Engaging in "end of the world prophecy" is a lot like playing the lotto. There have been so many prophecies and predictions, and will continue to be, that sooner or later one of the so called prophets will hit the proverbial nail on the head. I, for one, put no more credibility on any particular prophet than I do on winning the lottery. The odds are about the same. Someone will win the lottery and someone will eventually be right in their prediction, but the big question is WHO and WHEN???? Answer that one and you will still be just lucky.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Even if something did happen, like a global collapse, i dont think the human race is ready to make great change happen. We are as a whole still pre-conditioned to kill or be killed. Greed and power are still viruses in our hearts. Only if a group of strong willed individuals with silver tounges and golden hearts survived would we have any chance of a 'fresh start'. Enough to withstand the evil that still survived.

I dont think we've had enough history yet for our minds to be appropriated to such change. Think of it like this: With every advent to technology the art that is bound to its medium suffers. Only because of the freshness and untapped uses and creativity. When Television was first implimented everyone wanted something to show...it refined, 3d television was first implimented everyone wanted something to show (regardless of substance) ...it has yet to be refined.

We are still in the glimmers of self-indulgence and preservation. Our human condition hasn't been refined yet and i think it will take alot more than a global collapse, or wipeout to acheive what many people want.

Even still...life could be alot better without achieving nirvana, but without it, it will inevitably end the same way

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I reckon the dawning of the age of Aquarius will be a little something that goes like this...

edit on 4-11-2012 by BernardShakey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

If something big were to happen in Decemeber, there are no signs of it right now.

A month and a half ago there were no signs of hurricane Sandy but, well, she sure did come and go just as quickly. And now we are left to pick up the pieces.

As far as some sort of Biblical Style Apocaypse, I don't know where that came from but the Mayans never mentioned and sort of cataclysmic doomsday as far as I know.

Whether or not there is going to be a Golden age to look forward to where we are freed from our oppressors and given the oppotunity to live out our lives unhindered by the manipulation of a few powerful elite, well, we'll just have to wait and see now won't we?
edit on 4-11-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Who else here has changed their minds in the events of 2012?

Thank you very much for your candor. Personally I feared that by now the doom hype would be reaching a fever pitch with various internet cults gaining larger and larger membership all while insisting that the end is nigh and they have the answer, be it a cave, a bunker, or kool-aid. Instead it seems like zetatalk, terral's "research group," astrolpatriot's "chat room," and similar internet cults have all been experiencing a down-turn lately. Without a fresh comet or asteroid approaching earth in the next two months, these groups lack an object of doom fixation with which to crystallize the hysteria.

A little over a year ago it was comet Elenin, but when that puttered out, I think a lot of these groups started to run out of steam. Comet ISON may spawn new claims, but it's too far in the future to really serve as an object of fixation in 2012. There will always be fear mongers, but I think that without a central "doom magnet," 2012 hysteria really failed to get off the ground. I've gone from thinking that 2012 fear would really pick up the pace to thinking it'll pass with barely a "meh" from anyone (except maybe that guy who says he's going to jump off a mountain on Dec 21).

I still think that had something like the Elenin fiasco been happening this year instead of last year, we'd be seeing much more hysteria now than we even saw then. And who knows, there's still time for some last minute asteroid or other event to show up and catalyze some hysteria, but it's looking less and less likely to me. Hopefully on the good news side of things, the failure of 2012 to materialize doom will prevent doom mongers from being able to capitalize on C/2012 S1 ISON the way they capitalized on Hale-Bopp.
edit on 5-11-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a mass culling of mankind and I accept that if that does happen that there's a chance that I may be one of those culled in such a scenario. Why? Because I think a mass culling may be the only thing that will bring us all together.

Sadly, I'm inclined to believe that nothing will happen at the end of the year, but I'll live in hope.

Rev

edit on 5/11/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I like your reply mate. You sound like your in the same boat as me. (You are better at explaining it). Good to hear someone feeling the same way.

@Revmoofoo - Sad that we need a mass culling to fix the world. I agree though. Will be a sad day, but could be the best for mankind.

top topics

join