It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25$ for a gallon of gas on the black market, err ah... Craigslist in New Jersey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well I thought you might have something to say about this. It can't really be called gouging since it would be totally up to you if you wanted to pay that price to have 5 gallons of gas delivered to you door.

The ad:

Hey Guys!

I waited on line for 2 hours to fill up a 5 Gallon gas container.

I'm willing to sell if for the right price and will deliver!

$25 per Gallon OR Shoot us your best offer!!

||| DON'T WAIT IN LINE, WE HAVE GAS!!! |||

newyork.craigslist.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Its probably master-minded by some scumbag business man or slimy politician in the background trying to capitalize on the the disaster. The scum will never overcome their urge to PROFIT on the Peoples MISFORTUNE...

Wouldnt be surprised, because right now, gas is worth probably worth hundreds of dollars a gallon to the common folks in the area. No common-folk could afford to sell what little gas they do have right now especially for the hurdles they had to jump to get any so far.

edit on 4-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That is what we have been paying at the pumps in Canada.

But seriously, I hope karma is real, just for this guy.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That's cheap where i'm from.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If people weren't unprepared fools these kinds of rejects wouldn't be trying to hawk gasoline for what amounts to highway robbery prices. I have about 15 gallons of stabilized gasoline on-hand at any given time so that in the event of some disruption to the supply I have enough to get me about 250 miles. If these people had any damn sense they would trade their gasoline for something of suitable value like perhaps food or water since in some of the harder-hit areas these are hard to come by.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I hope the cops can get that guy and put him in jail. I spent like 5 hours saturday to fill up my tank.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
WTF. wierd post.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sounds like capitalism to me. Why would he be put in jail for that?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
this yokel better be pulled from the internet, he's liable to give the oil industry ideas.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Capitalism doesn't allow for raping the people to the point of destruction. It's called price gouging and forms a check and balance to that Capitalism run amok. Now..I just hope a few cops show up to buy some gas...and take the lot of it for nothing but a pair of shiny bracelets and a free ride in return.

People like this are scum and ought to do a couple years to consider their greedy ways at the worst possible moment..and at the worst expense of their fellow citizens. Actually...heck, they're right out there inviting people to come on over and buy some. Citizens arrest would work too..... Christie told the whole state what the gouging laws are. Why not?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Although it goes against my grain of people helping out other people in this horrible situation, I don't find it as reprehensible as you do. The guy waited in line for 2 hours and is willing to deliver the gasoline, if I was in a dire situation and had the money, I might even pay him to go back and get me 5 more gallons. But that is just me.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Are you a fascist?

The guy said he spent 2 hours in line getting the gas and is offering it at a premium.

No one HAS to buy it. They can go wait in line as well, maybe they dont want to...

Or maybe people should have prepared ahead of time and stored some gasoline of their own...

Either way, this man has done nothing wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
His TIME should be worth something. It's not just the gas. It's the fact that he waited in line for it AND will deliver it to you.

NOT price gouging, people.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Facism:

often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

No...and nothing I said was remotely close to it. I'm getting a little sick of being called names those using it can't even fit properly to context. There are terms for my outlook on HELPING each other during a time of dire need and not SCREWING each other to all possible extent. However...Facism isn't among those that even remotely apply.

Now then... I don't care if he waited for a year to buy it. He's pimping off his fellow citizens in their time of need. Who is buying his gas? Does he know? Does he care? Is it a mother trying to keep kids warm back home with a generator? Perhaps more pressing than that?

It doesn't really matter though...because money is a FINITE thing right now and what he takes, cannot be replaced for those having it taken. Price Gouging laws are made specifically for this and recognize the UNIQUE circumstances of natural disaster or other major social upheaval. It's not a system that applies or SHOULD apply outside the conditions that come from a major disaster or similar disruption at all levels of society.

The only difference between that scumbag and the looters in some areas after dark every night is that he doesn't physically hurt them and actually, likely, smiles while he robs them. The looters are at least up front and don't make pretense for what THEY are.
(I'm shocked anyone on ATS defends things like this during such a time of need and suffering. How cold.)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
well unless he gives the government its share of the "tax for the sale" of the gasoline im sure some one could find something to charge this guy with as far as price gouging goes.a person who really cared about his comunity in this kind of temporary disaster would just give it away to those in most need like a hospital or a shelter

www.mmo-champion.com...*price-gouging*-due-to-a-natural-disaster?p=18943676&viewfull=1 a blog for what its worth. im sure in a disaster the government couldnt raise prices so i dont see why a civilian can price gouge

en.wikipedia.org...

abcnews.go.com... so the businesses cant do it i would assume that means the same for civilians but i could be wrong

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My thoughts? You don't have to buy it if you don't like the price.

Time is money, and I'm sure there are more than a few people who rather pay more for gas and have it now, than stand in line waiting all day. Me? I'd be in line all day with everyone else, but see no wrong in what they did there.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Sek82 because: eta

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Hahah now wouldn't that be a kicker.

I've not looked but I bet there is a slew of federal offences to be broke with this idea, in both countries, but what a lark it'd be .. how cheap is our petrol to yours.. I'll setup an Ebay store and go buy gallons of petrol and sell it to people desperate.. haha, sure it might take 3 weeks to get there, but you can wait sitting down!!!

Wahh never seen that idea before. online petrol store...

have I just given away a google of an idea?? lmao..

*has vision of being 98 years old living in a cardboard box with "TEXAS ONLINE GASOLINE!" neon signs flashing in the distance, people lined up around a vending machine with their tablet watches buying bio petrol for their air scooters..*
damn kids..

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

$25 per Gallon OR Shoot us your best offer!!
reply to post by GrantedBail

Well he does say "or shoot us" so I guess that gives the customer an option.

I would shoot him and then take the gas as instructed. I will have committed no crime as I am simply an agent of the free market. The "invisible hand"....with a 9mm in it.

Parental Advisory: This post contains sar-cas-m. It does not advocate nor condone violence. It simply serves as a safety advisory to price gougers on the internet.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You people that have said that is cheap or that is what you are paying...you do realize, I'm sure, from reading the OP that it was $25/gallon? If that's what you are paying, I will personally deliver 100 gallons to you.

PS-We don't pay that in Canada.
edit on 4-11-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Yeah.. tell me about it. If I weren't as ethical as I argue in my own life...Hell, I have a 75 gallon secondary in the bed of my pickup and 2 tanks which came with it. Newark is roughly 13 hours from here...so....Heck, I could easily make bank on this myself. I even have a good friend somewhere in Rockaway working security to link up with and see where he's been for a few days MIA. ..

....If I could look myself in the mirror knowing my fat wallet came by taking from people with little and desperate for anything. hell...I can do a lot of things to make money but I gotta be able to live with myself afterward.

* I just checked prices here.. $3.11 at the corner. Damn... Morality is expensive sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join