It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio: Romney Draws 30,000, Obama Draws 2800

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

I have seen the video of the so called 30,000 rally and the video doesnt show me that there were 30,000 people at the rally, do you have any idea how high of that number is?
and where will all the people fit at the stage where Romney would speaking in the cars maybe?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

if you want to create a better futur for America .. vote for Obama

Yea, Obama FTW!

In what way will he be better than the last 4 years? The Republicans are likely to keep control of the house and pick up seats in the Senate. How could Obama accomplish anything? What planet to you Libs live on?

V

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You made some good points in your list, but IMO, our economy won't survive with Obama's current policies. I really believe that ObamaCare, in all it's bloat, will make our current economic status feel like a walk in the park. I'd rather vote for the possibility of Romney making some strides toward recovery rather than the certainity that Obama and his policies will push us firther into an economic hole.

On topic, I feel Obama is drawing a much less crowd this election because so many of the people that were pulled in by his charisma/charm have lost that enthusiasm he generated for his utopian vision of the United States. The reality has set in and I think it will reflect negatively on Obama's vote totals on election day.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The second worst Prime Minister Canada ever had was a Progressive Conservative named Brian Mulroney, he was a businessman, Decimated his party, not one sits in Parliament now.
By the way the worst Prime Minister was an economist, his name is Stephen Harper.....a conservative!
brice

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by muse7
Yeah you go ahead and continue touting Romney as the next American savior while he rapes the middle class and further privatizes health care so only the rich can afford it, while you enjoy you vastly superior Canadian health care system.

I'm not "continuously" touting Romney... I'm just being straight up.

You only have 2 choices this election. Romney or Obama.
2016? Sure, a 3rd party WILL be a major player (fact)

I prefer Obama's stance on Marriage, Women's rights and Foreign Policy (I really do), but right now... America needs jobs, and with all the rest aside, I'd rather have a Business Man as my leader right now if I was an American.

Romney isn't a business man. He's an investor-class oligarch everything Romney has ever done is just shuffling paper and intangibles around in elaborate shell games. The only "business man" in the traditional sense is Gary Johnson who started a handyman business as a junior in college, grew it to 1,000 employees, and then sold it. He ACTUALLY provided a service, produced things, etc. Romney just sat a desk from 30,000ft and abused government-funded loans, the bankruptcy court, and bribed politicians to give him tax incentives to move manufacturing jobs to China.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

I have seen the video of the so called 30,000 rally and the video doesnt show me that there were 30,000 people at the rally, do you have any idea how high of that number is?
and where will all the people fit at the stage where Romney would speaking in the cars maybe?

Besides...how many were paid actors? That seems sorta like Romney's M.O. with the washing of clean dishes and purchasing of non-perishable food for staged donation drives and whatnot.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfamousRebel
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Former Gov. Mitt Romney spoke to 2,000 at

Screen Machine Industries in Etna, Ohio, while

President Barack Obama spoke to 2,800 at the Franklin County Fairgrounds.

www.dispatch.com...

lol, do none of you check the Breibart sources before posting?

edit on 4-11-2012 by InfamousRebel because: (no reason given)

No...they don't...that's the problem. As long as it tells them what the WISH to be true the buy into it lock, stock, and barrel.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn
With all due respect: who cares?

Indeed, Why do they care so much? As if either side really cares about the electorate. The Romney voters still believe helping the rich will help them somehow and the Obama voters think he is somehow different. All the conservatives getting their panties in a twist should actually go look up what Obama has said. He has agreed to Simpson-Bowles and "The Grand Bargin". The SS and Medicare cuts are coming no matter who is in that office so everyone should be happy. The D's get their man, The R's get their entitlement cuts.

It's all a big game to people in the end isn't it? Waving the flag, fighting the "enemy" and the titillation of their "win". Nothing changes, and everyone goes back to watching honey boo boo while sitting on their ever expanding asses.
edit on 4-11-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I find it very funny how everyone like to refer to the past as a "better time." The truth is that everyone who does so is being an idiot because it's all BS and it NEVER was better, only different. Believe me when I tell you that we have always had many problems and that the past was hardly much better than the present, even then people still talked about how it was so much better in the past. It is one big cycle and in all actuality people are referring to a time when people did not exist so it was a better time.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

"Obamaphones" are not real.

The program has existed since President Reagan, and is funded privately.

Can we stop spreading false information just to scare people into voting a certain way?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by elouina

"Obamaphones" are not real.

The program has existed since President Reagan, and is funded privately.

Can we stop spreading false information just to scare people into voting a certain way?

This was a joke. Something David Letterman and Leno do all the time.

But since you want to delve into something more sinister.. The program and funds used to pay for the phones have been around. Except, the program was meant to SUBSIDIZE land lines. In 2008, the program was changed to include totally free cell phones and service. That one is Obamas baby. And the price tag is HUGE!

I personally know someone who got an Obamaphone. She has two land lines in her home. And now, thanx to Obama? A free cell phone and service also. There is definately no need here. She lives in a gorgeous 4 bedroom home with 3 bathrooms. The reason she got it is because my ill mother lives there. Yes this is my sister. And do I agree with this? No way!

edit on 4-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Romney flips his position, Romney has lied,

And that right there is why we will win in the end!
Romney is obviously a liberal posing as a republican.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
For those who want to criticize romney flipflopping, before you do...

Google these 3 words "One term proposition"

If you still want to criticize him flipflopping after you do that, before you do....

Googlle this word "Hippocrite"

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
reply to post by muse7

Obama attracted 1200 more people today in Cleveland for a total of 4,000. Even smaller than McCain crowds with the same exact venue from 2008.

In 2008, at his last stop in Cleveland, a Democrat stronghold, Obama attracted 80,000 people. This morning, at his last 2012 stop in that same city, Obama could only attract 4,000.

He attracted 5% of 2008 crowds in Cleveland. Still think Obama for the win?

Obama's Cleveland Rally Attendance 20x Lower than 2008 by John Nolte

Maybe they couldn't afford gas for the trip.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NLDelta9

Maybe not gas. Change and Hope is lost.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

Well my question was who else was there? I had seen where Romney had great attendance at one rally however Kid Rock was playing. I would have gone to hat rally even though I can’t stand Romney.

Free concerts are great but it has no bearing on my vote and from what I read after Kid Rock played then when Romney was doing his politicking people were leaving so I don’t think gaging an election based on who how many people show up to events like that are a good indicator of how people will vote.

I hope that makes sense.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
No major offense to the OP but I can't believe people on ATS think Romney being a former CEO = strong economy and jobs.

I mean, thats the type of crap that is fed to and parroted by FOX watching zombies that still, to this day, thinks their material is 'Fair and Balanced'

It doesn't matter who is president, the economy sways the way the bankers want it to. You want to fix the problem, you cut the cancer out at the root.

Also..this magical number of 30,000 better not be the same attendance estimations from the Romney campaign that PHOTOSHOPPED & LIED about attendance numbers at Nevada rallies.
edit on 5-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma

I don`t know if a third party will have a major role in 2016, they are not growing that much yet.

They don't have to grow by leaps and bounds to make a huge impact.

If any 3rd Party Candidate can garner 5% of the vote, that party then becomes eligible for Federal Campaign Funding.

Third-party candidates could qualify for retroactive public funds if they receive 5% or more of the vote in the general election.

Source: Federal Election Commission

I will leave it to you to decide what the implications of such funding means for a third party.

Now that I have got that out of the way...I am curious as to why people would focus on the crowd size. According to many people here, crowd size means nothing. When Ron Paul was pulling crowds in the several thousand range and Romney had crowds of only a few hundred, we were told it was just random people and that did not mean they would actually go out and vote. So why now, all of the sudden, is crowd size supposed to mean something?

Sorry but I had to point that out. Fact is though, Romney is pulling huge crowds. A childhood friend of mine from Pennsylvania went to see Romney speak and took this picture.

Obama is NOT pulling in the crowds like he did in 2008. This is a fact. Just look at how they changed venues for Obama's acceptance speech at the DNC this year. They were unable to fill the Stadium where his speech was scheduled to take place, and they were giving away the tickets for free.

I believe Romney will win this election. At least he will win the popular vote. My facebook page is covered with people discussing how they will vote for Romney, and it is not so much that they like Romney, they just dont want 4 more years of Obama. Some of the reasons I have seen have been insane. One comment I saw today was, "I'm voting for a Christian, I'm voting for Romney" but the majority of comments I see are really part of the mindset "Anyone but Obama"

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Romney event in Pennsylvania last night draws 20,000 - 30,000.

Estimates of the crowd at Lower Makefield's Shady Brook Farm ranged from 20,000 to 30,000

Romney riles up electric crowd in Bucks County By SEAN COLLINS WALSH

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Doesn't matter, December 21st WE ALL GONNA DIE

Yep .. I figured by now ATS would be littered with a ton of threads about this. It's only 6 weeks away. But no .. instead we have a bunch of crap about how either the left or the right has the higher ground and the other side is full of idiots or criminals. :shk: maybe Dec 21 will be a good thing and the survivors can reset and start over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join