It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You say you want a revolution..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Before you reply to this post, keep in mind that sedition is technically illegal and in times of war the 1st ammendment apparently doesn't apply to all free speech, you can't go inciting revolution or violence (unless you are a politician of course)... So please, for reasons of legality, reply to this thread in the "third person" point of view to avoid any 'legal' questions, now bearing that in mind, I pose a HYPOTHETICAL question.
Let's say there is a major terrorist event, martial law is declared in our HYPOTHETICAL country, and find themselves in a police state, with all the ugliness of a facist regime. Where and how do the citizens of this hypothetical nation begin a revolution? Who takes up the banner of freedom, how is this revolution fought? How would they fight? Would they end up like the citizens of germany in the 40's, fearing for their own beyond the ability to prevent atrocitiy? How to start, fight and win a revolt in a HYPOTHETICAL, modern western facist state. An interesting discussion I'd like to open to the other members of the ATS community.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
it�s really simple..and because i�m not us citisen your neocon fbi�s can�t arrest my as*
...just capture congress or get so much people revolting that they cant just arrest everyone...see how nazis took over germany..burned the house down and said bad jude...nothing else required..or how did your nation declared independence..it was revolution also
-ap

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The term grassroots applies here i think.

You would find spontaneous mobs forming, being lead by whoever was in the right place at the time.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I honestly hate to say it but I think most people would turn in their guns to the local law enforcement and most of the fighting would be done in isolated pockets of resistance comming from militia groups. I have been reading up on how the german government was able to control the local populations, and I see a lot of similar potential circumstances. Honestly think about it, you are lying in your bed at night and hear the screams of your neighbors as the hypothetical military drags their son off. What do you do? Seizing senators and congressmen wouldn't do these folks much good as most of the hypothetical chain of command comes from god knows where, and given the systems of local law enforcement already in place it would be hard to organize any real resistance. If you lie in bed listening to the screams of your neighbors, the next day you see them on tv being protrayed as 'local terrorist suspect', if you take up arms and fight, you end up in a cell next to them. If you look at the systems already in place through organizations like a hypothetical FEMUR, it may already be too late for these poor folks in this hypothetical facist regime.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Get a grip on the problem, and free your mind. You can live free anywhere because it is a state of mind.

All "government," is just people, paper, and the illusion that "they," control everything. That is totally bogus, nobody controls anything but your fear vis a vis propaganda. If you have a world of books and a mind, you are invincible. Do everything you can to become as literate as your can.

Granted the illusion is powerful, a maya of events, however it is just vapor. So get a grip on the problem, and free yourself first, then free others.

Dae

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Get a grip on the problem, and free your mind. You can live free anywhere because it is a state of mind.

All "government," is just people, paper, and the illusion that "they," control everything. That is totally bogus, nobody controls anything but your fear vis a vis propaganda. If you have a world of books and a mind, you are invincible. Do everything you can to become as literate as your can.

Granted the illusion is powerful, a maya of events, however it is just vapor. So get a grip on the problem, and free yourself first, then free others.

SkipShipman

A very interesting reply to a good question.

What do you propose the problem is, you know to grip? Are we the problem? You say that if we free our minds we can live anywhere, did you mean physically live anywhere or spiritually(?)? Was your post based on intellectual musings or a real happening in your life?

5 questions
wadayado?
wadayaDO!?

PS I saw your avatar/image there and thought, "eh?" so I googled Ununpentium...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what would you guys do if a group of armed men showed up at your house to confiscate all your registered fire arms? Would you hand them over, claim to have sold them? etc. How do we maintain an armed populace in the face of 'militant' gun control?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman

yes the war is over peoples perception of power. as the anarchy/libertarain movement is LOSING VERY BADLY at the moment and the perception of people is more geared towards goverment as a whole there willl no longer be such a thing as "freedom is in your head". because in reality your head is just the last stronghold against tyranny, after losing control over your resources and movements. read 1984, your mind can be weakend thru brainwashing, unfreespeech thats doubleplusbad thoughtcrime, and torture.

I would imagine the the gov would have already tried to fracture the milita groups as a whole by setting them up against one another in idealology. The fem dems seem to think they can do it thru gun control though. Either that or they are being kept there for an excuse for crackdown and military intervention.

*edited to make post more readable.

[edit on 2004-10-28 by NuTroll]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
hypothetically, i would drink the magic kool-aid so i wouldnt have to deal with the revolution, then i would steer my comet home. destruction is beatiful no?

it really depends on the situation. i mean, if they were all gestapoe'd out with the blitzkrieg etc. theres not much you can do living in the densely populated areas. i would try and migrate north and to nature, and build myself a small army -but by that time its basically too late. lets not forget that unlike ATS, many citizens of this "hypothetical" nation would just take it. i dont picture too many militias forming. i see more pushovers (with good reason
) cowaring away from revolution. but i can't wait nontheless.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The consolidation and consequent control of the media would be a serious detriment to any real solidarity in a revolutionary movement. Look at how quickly David Koresh was demonized, even though most people don't know jack about who or what he was, they know he was a bad man. The montanna freemen are another example. I am not condoning their organizations, but a legitmate rebellion would suffer the same credibility loss and fail to generate the much needed sympathy of the masses. Such a revolutionary group might be fighting in the name of righteousness, but most folks would only see what the media had to say about them. Any organization would be quickly labeled a terrorist group and most of the country would believe that.

new topics

top topics

join