It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's in charge here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Right now there are people without power, heat, fuel, or hope, they don't live in some third world country, they live in America. People are standing in line for HOURS to fill a gas can, within walking distance to one of the largest sea ports on the planet.
Don't we have an organization, a federally funded organization to make sure these things don't happen? What EXACTLY does FEMA do? Why didn't they plan for this type of problem? Did they not consider blackouts, fuel shortages, transportation issues? Is it possible that NOT ONE of the highly paid experts at FEMA had a contingency plan in place to deal with fuel shortages in the face of a storm the size of Sandy? Not one single "expert" had a few tankers on standby "just in case" this hapened?
Once again the lesson is clear, the same lesson we learned from Katrina, DON'T expect help from the government when the SHTF. So if that's the case, and it certainly appears to be so, what the hell are we paying for here? Our government has ONCE AGAIN proven their inability to protect the people. They are highly skilled and prepared for civil disobedience and unrest, if you put up tents in the park they will respond QUICKLY, but if the park gets hit by a flash flood, you're on your own.
Bloomberg actually thought it was OK for the marathon to proceed as planned!!!! How incredibly out of touch and idiotic do you need to be to make such a decision? Participants actually thought it was a good idea to run there, how incredibly stupid and self centered do you need to be to make such a decision?
It's time to WAKE UP people, to take action and grab the steering wheel away from the scumbags who are driving us all over the cliff. This includes EVERY SINGLE elected official who currently holds public office, all are guilty of incompetence at the very least, although corruption and RICO violations seem more appropriate.
When the fat pig who maced a line of sitting students became an internet meme instead of fleeing the country out of fear for his wasted life it sent a message, that message was "it's OK, it's funny when you assault people" and we allowed that to happen.
I am an American and I love my country but I hate the people who are now in control of it. The word HATE is not strong enough to express my level of disgust with what I'm seeing, what I have allowed to happen. I'm not allowing it anymore.
The rules prohibit my suggesting any type of civil disobedience or protest, so I will simply suggest we all start talking about change and nothing else. No more small talk or video games, we need real conversations on the bus, in the bar and in the home. How do we remove these people from office? How do we hold them accountable? How do we make sure the wrong people don't even try to get elected?
Seeing those people suffering without relief from the people we pay to provide that relief makes me sick to my stomach. Drag those in charge down to the areas in need and MAKE them fix it, if that means strapping gas cans to their fat asses DO IT.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Please be careful what questions you ask. You may get more than that which you seek.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

and what are you doing
besides anonymously posting a rant on a conspiracy site

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So...is the plight of an increasingly complacent society....we, terrorist, preppers, are on the right track...

It's strange being considered a terrorist by my own Government, because I'm prepared for a natural disaster.....

Des

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

So...is the plight of an increasingly complacent society....we, terrorist, preppers, are on the right track...

It's strange being considered a terrorist by my own Government, because I'm prepared for a natural disaster.....

Des

BANG ON!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
A lot of "I'm alright jacks" in these threads. Dont you care about your fellow men/women, the children?
I'd love to be a "Prepper" but I can barely afford to eat let alone store stuff away for a rainy day, and its the same for many others too.
These threads have been quite an eye opener as to who REALLY cares about their neighbour.

S&F OP

edit on 3-11-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
A lot of "I'm alright jacks" in these threads. Dont you care about your fellow men/women, the children?
I'd love to be a "Prepper" but I can barely afford to eat let alone store stuff away for a rainy day, and its the same for many others too.
These threads have been quite an eye opener as to who REALLY cares about their neighbour.

S&F OP

edit on 3-11-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

In the 16 years I've lived in my tiny rural mountain area. During bad snow storms, where we were without power for 2 weeks, and no roads were cleared. This little community came together like one big extended family. I owned two of the only generators up here. Took in everyone I could in shifts, handled all those rescued off the really rural areas that were half frozen with frost bite. Wall to wall blanket beds on my floors, and shifts of families bringing kids over to bathe and wash clothing. Everyone who had anything to offer chipped in...it made me proud of my community.

I wish this country was more like that...but it's just not...

Des

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So you depend upon the government to make you whole for everything, become completely dependent on what the government can provide for you, and when the government fails, you're mad at the government. Perhaps you should be angry at yourself for allowing this situation to happen in the first place. Did you actually expect the government to be able to hold your hand through a situation like this?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
As mad as they are at Gov,

on Tuesday they will vote to re-elect the same guys being so unhelpful at present.

Maybe not...

During Katrina didn't they bring up a couple big ships for people to live on, temporarily.

Navy has 2 big hospital ships, Hope and Comfort...

edit on 3-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Oh FEMA is 'managing' it alright.
Case point as a dry run for something much grander in scope.

Not to worry, they're 'soliciting bids' for mo waTa.

The folks of folked-land have been Bl-Doomberged and Schumered, once 'again' as the following clip reveals some interesting body language.
Pay close attention to the following clip as Schumer waves/swipes is hand in an accurate manner and smirks towards the End. Whatever you do, don't listen to a word that comes out of his trap. You should know better!

Wonder if an Israeli firm manufactured the source code for their voting machines as they always seem to find themselves back in the handlers seat as a pathogenic virus.....or am I getting ahead of myself. If so, maintaining a strong immune system and perhaps some nanosilver solution could help, where found. And please stay just say No to the vaccinations created by the Center for Disease Creation (CDC).

It also doesn't help when both 'leading' presidential candidates are microchipped in the head!

Now that could seem as a surprise to some (99%ters) though don't be so sure of what you aren't aware of.
This tech. is now highly advanced and is becoming nano-sized as everything else.
Search the appropriate keywords and Discover the underworld they never told you about.
I wish there was a catch line though this is no laughing matter my friends.

edit on 3-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluemoonsine

Would not want to "waste" an opportunity like that.

Martial law, no kidding...

unbelievable

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

and what are you doing
besides anonymously posting a rant on a conspiracy site

1. My anonymous post is in the "Rant" forum because it helps me blow off steam instead of doing something stupid.
2. I'm doing exactly what I said in my post, I'm starting a dialog in an attempt to change the system.
3. Don't underestimate the power of communication, in any form, to start a meaningful dialog. The American revolution was fueled by the words of Benjamin Franklin and many others who had nothing more than a printing press.
So what are YOU doing besides criticizing me for speaking up and trying to incite change in a clearly broken system?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
So you depend upon the government to make you whole for everything, become completely dependent on what the government can provide for you, and when the government fails, you're mad at the government. Perhaps you should be angry at yourself for allowing this situation to happen in the first place. Did you actually expect the government to be able to hold your hand through a situation like this?

This isn't about "entitlement" or working the system, it's about holding people accountable. The state and federal offices we fund are simply not effectively dealing with disasters before or even after the fact. When taxpayers are asked to fund a multi-million dollar disaster management team it is reasonable to expect results from them, that isn't a hand out, it's the expectation of services for payment received.
There are thousands of National Guard troops in the area yet the local police force is directing traffic at gas stations, factor in the billions of dollars in equipment sitting idle at military bases and it just screams failure.
Those people are simply overwhelmed by the scope of the tragedy, they aren't asking anyone to "hold their hand" as you put it. The expectation that resources should be directed where needed and properly utilized is perfectly reasonable, as is the expectation that those we pay to handle this type of problem will do so.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Does everyone forget about logistics? How can anyone help everyone all at once??? Warnings were given, suggestions were made for preparedness, offers of places to go were made. Evacuations were mandatory and yet people still stayed and then carry on like victims when help is not immediate. No one with blankets inside a house is going to freeze to death, please! Are we so spoiled? Get a grip. Like Des said, help each other, band together, quit looking to the Government to save you. When your told to expect to be out of power for up to two weeks, what do you think that means???? I don't get all the outrage.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

your title reminded me of this.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika

During Katrina didn't they bring up a couple big ships for people to live on, temporarily.

Navy has 2 big hospital ships, Hope and Comfort...

We had refugees at Ft. Benning and Ft. Bragg as well, probably at Stewart as well. They cleaned the mess halls out of all food. The guys stationed at these bases had to buy there own...which I usually did anyways.

With the exception of breakfast, my messhall sucked.

ETA: I refuse to call them DFACs.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Half of Houston went without power for over a month a few years ago after a major storm. FEMA is pretty much useless. Get to work and stop whining and counting on government to fix everything. Community is the key to getting things done. Standing around with your thumb up your a@& will only make your a@& hurt.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
West Virginia just got over 4 feet of snow in some areas. You think we seen any help from FEMA or anybody? Not until the 5th or 6th day and even then they don't stop. They said on the radio that if anyone needed something, to flag them down and essentially beg them for help, instead of setting up a station in one place. Do you think they mention W.Va on most news medias? Nope. How could they when all they can do is talk about the poor New Yorkers and New Jersey going without on the second day. We've went many days without power, gas, and all that good stuff. You think anybody ever handed out free gas in W.Va like they're doing up there? hahahaha It seems that people in different areas get treated differently for some reason. Gee, I wonder what that reason is???

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Does everyone forget about logistics? How can anyone help everyone all at once??? Warnings were given, suggestions were made for preparedness, offers of places to go were made. Evacuations were mandatory and yet people still stayed and then carry on like victims when help is not immediate. No one with blankets inside a house is going to freeze to death, please! Are we so spoiled? Get a grip. Like Des said, help each other, band together, quit looking to the Government to save you. When your told to expect to be out of power for up to two weeks, what do you think that means???? I don't get all the outrage.

Let's talk logistics. How many C130's were deployed and how many were left parked on the tarmac? How many troops were deployed and how many were left idle at the base?
What makes more sense, deploying a tractor to clear a street or letting local residents with shovels do it?
Who gets priority when it comes to restoring power, the thirty story low income housing unit, or the NY stock exchange?
As for evacuations, they were not mandatory in many of the hardest hit areas, also consider what a mandatory evacuation of New York City would have looked like, it's simply not possible.
The blanket comment is just plain ignorant, turn your heat and power off for a few days and sit in the dark with a blanket THEN post something ridiculous like that, make sure you have a few children crying next to you.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Half of Houston went without power for over a month a few years ago after a major storm. FEMA is pretty much useless. Get to work and stop whining and counting on government to fix everything. Community is the key to getting things done. Standing around with your thumb up your a@& will only make your a@& hurt.

Since that's clearly the case we need to cut funding and eliminate FEMA. Why dump money into a program that offers nothing, we already have dozens of them.
Just keep dumping money and resources into machines that kill people, Drones and tanks and bombs usually perform the task they were designed for.
There really is no reason why a country full of millions of people with unlimited resources should think of ways to keep people safe from natural disasters. Nor should we help those people when they get the crap kicked out of them, we got bombs to build.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join