It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at Me, I Want Your Attention!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
It is actually quite amazing how a community type spirit can exist almost exclusively in the digital format with no physical interaction whatsoever. It proves that humans will try and forge positive and sometimes negative relationships despite physical boundaries and barriers.

Thats an example of mind over meat. If the internet has shown us anything sociologically or interpersonally, its that we are more than our physical bodies, verbal communication, body language, or presence even to each other instinctively.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
It is actually quite amazing how a community type spirit can exist almost exclusively in the digital format with no physical interaction whatsoever. It proves that humans will try and forge positive and sometimes negative relationships despite physical boundaries and barriers.

That's a good point you put down and one i feel is amazing that there is hope for this digital age
after all, sadly there seems to be more bitching on internet sites especially facebook...

Saying that, I think it would be good to get an ATS get together one day somewhere...
Sounds like a fun plan in theory...

I got this song for yer since you spoke of the barriers :

edit on 3-11-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wanting attention is often a sign of low self-esteem. Perhaps you also have a few hedonistic and narcissistic tendencies.

However, you don't really sway that far outside of societal norms. Now, if you said you were delivering a message from Alpha Centauri, a time traveler, or some other outlandish claim, then you'd be attention seeking.

Welcome to reality, you had my attention, for about three and a half seconds.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Nothing worse than jumping in here to check replies and find it empty.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

You are being honest and i too like the attention especially the female kind lol.

Serious, i think we all do to some degree..

I have all the attention I need from women. Here's a few picks of my girlfriends:

What we have is a long distance, "I know you but you don't know me" type of relationship. It seems to work, seeing as I get along better with them than I did with my ex.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You don't come off as needy to me. I bet you just like to engage and feel like you are contributing to something. We all have times where we need to reach out and hope someone notices us. It's not a bad thing. Now there are some here who make tons of threads about their woes and trivial daily things as if pity feeds and sustains them. It doesn't take long to spot the emotional vampires who will suck the life out of anyone even glances their way. Now those are the ones I avoid like the plague. You my friend are far from that extreme, and you shouldn't feel bad.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join