It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I complained to google and they took a screen shot of my computer !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I was unhappy that the internet used to be a plethora of information, and now it's become "coorporatized" . I have noticed the decline in "substance" in the internet. Now it's all just buy something or listen to someone on a webcam bitch.
I wanted to tell goo..........."gle" what a sell out they are ...and in order to do it they had to take a screen shot of me ......
The Inter....."net" is officially over friends .

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
So? It's part of their system to identify problems on their site, that's what the screen shot is for. Google will not care about someone telling them what a "sell out" they are, I wouldn't bother. They've had this system for a while.

Your random quotations of half a word are confusing.
edit on 3-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

This is not entirely clear. They took a screenshot of you? Like a webcam shot? Or a screenshot of your computer? (Or both?)

Either way, it's a clear invasion of privacy. However, them being... well, Goo gle... and you being just some worthless rabble, I don't see where you could do anything--anything other than what you're doing: complaining about it in a forum.

Tried to tell them they were a sellout, huh? Yeah, they'd never admit to that. I'm sure they think they're the very soul and savior of humanity. Pieces of crap....

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

it's a clear invasion of privacy.

No it's not, it's consensual.

I don't know why everyone hates on Google so much... they haven't hurt you, they've made the internet a much better place and they're doing a lot in the real world too regarding technology. It's just the in-thing to do I guess.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

They made a screenshot of my computer. I agreed because I was passionate about a subject and I wasn't ashamed.. I will say that i do use my : edu : gov and : site feature ...but good lord . The information online is outright stupid.
I wanted to know more about Jacque fresco. I find him fascinating ...and all I could get were little clips and people on webcams ...it pissed me off........just like any subject I want to learn more about ....I have to search through dozens of bull# to find something truthful and educational .....I told google that :they make people want to read books again which I have no quarrels with ...but with libraries going under,... I'm sure they'll find a way to buy them out and censor them too.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by paleorchid13
reply to post by Ex_CT2

They made a screenshot of my computer. I agreed because I was passionate about a subject and I wasn't ashamed.. I will say that i do use my : edu : gov and : site feature ...but good lord . The information online is outright stupid.
I wanted to know more about Jacque fresco. I find him fascinating ...and all I could get were little clips and people on webcams ...it pissed me off........just like any subject I want to learn more about ....I have to search through dozens of bull# to find something truthful and educational .....I told google that :they make people want to read books again which I have no quarrels with ...but with libraries going under,... I'm sure they'll find a way to buy them out and censor them too.

I can't actually tell if you're joking or not. You wanted to complain about Google being a sell out because you didn't like the search results you got, really? You put the keywords in, you are responsible for what Google finds, Google is just doing what it's meant to do.

"They made a screenshot of my computer. I agreed"

So you have no reason to complain.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Well, the advertisements are beyond annoying, and the amount of messages" this is blocked in your country" ...AND how hard and difficult it is to find truthful and accurate information on goo....gle is pretty disturbing to me....that is unless you wanna buy it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Here is what I think happened to the internet.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Well, the advertisements are beyond annoying, and the amount of messages" this is blocked in your country" ...AND how hard and difficult it is to find truthful and accurate information on goo....gle is pretty disturbing to me....that is unless you wanna buy it.

1. Google don't place the ads where you see them.

2. Google aren't in charge of things that are blocked.

3. You need to use better keywords, Google searches the internet for those words, if it's hard then it's your fault and you need to refine your search. E.G slug -"snail" searches for pages containing the word "slug" but not "snail". Google is just doing what it's meant to do. Do you expect Google to read your mind and put the thing you're looking for on the first page?

Why do you keep separating "Goo" and "gle"?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

3. You need to use better keywords, Google searches the internet for those words, if it's hard then it's your fault and you need to refine your search. E.G slug -"snail" searches for pages containing the word "slug" but not "snail". Google is just doing what it's meant to do. Do you expect Google to read your mind and put the thing you're looking for on the first page?

Work for go..ogle much?
I don't think you understand. Try doing research on a topic ....you'll understand how it was ...and how it unfortunately it is.

I can't find peer reviewed journals and studies ......not so much on the internet anymore ...
actually I can't find much of value of anything ...especially to to a student and I find that disturbing.

Dare I say that the internet has become a corporate whore .....EXCUSE ME for taking notice !
edit on 3-11-2012 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Work for go..ogle much?
I don't think you understand. Try doing research on a topic ....you'll understand how it was ...and how it unfortunately it is.

I can't find peer reviewed journals and studies ......not so much on the internet anymore ...
actually I can't find much of value of anything ...especially to to a student and I find that disturbing.

Dare I say that the internet has become a corporate whore .....EXCUSE ME for taking notice !
edit on 3-11-2012 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

No... I don't work for "Goo...gle", that's typical. Anyone that disagrees with you must work for them!

I use Google a lot every day, it's very easy to find what I want. If you use Google scholar you will ONLY find peer reviewed journals.

Nothing is wrong with Google.

It's GOOGLE, the Goo and the gle are not separated, I don't know why you're doing that but it's very odd.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
What did you complain about specifically ?

About the lack of search results on sites that teach people the English language ?

I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Okay than if you insist . You must be quite young if you haven't noticed the change. We are being censored and information isn't shared as quite freely anymore.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Okay than if you insist . You must be quite young if you haven't noticed the change. We are being censored and information isn't shared as quite freely anymore.

Google has only gotten better since the late 90's.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Ha ha that's rich. No, I am merely discussing the amount of resources people have access to. How the internet has been "dumbed down" ...and it's harder and harder to find good information on the internet.

No one wants to see it ...it's quite dumbfounding to me . ,,,or Maybe I'm talking to people quite younger than me .

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I don't know why everyone hates on Google so much... they haven't hurt you, they've made the internet a much better place and they're doing a lot in the real world too regarding technology. It's just the in-thing to do I guess.

Corporatising what were initially free services started to engage the 'big boys' in their own game and provide a concise and user friendly search engine is not making the internet a better place. Google died when they sold. This is a company, no different than the ones that were faceless and intrusive whom they sought to counter all those years ago. This company just uses the google logo. Nothing more. Absolutely no connection to the original google, if you ask me.

Google is not your friend. It's the sidewalk that you have to walk on, nothing more, when it was once a grassy path. And every search you do helps make them even more stinking rich.

Sure they have a nice office. They play games in there and wear casual clothes. The boss has a smile. And all that groovy stuff.

Marketing goes a long way these days... but it's all about profit.

and google are certainly not above being disingenuous if it suits them.

Truth be told, I actually trust microsoft more these days, than I do google/facebook/twitter...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Corporatising what were initially free services started to engage the 'big boys' in their own game and provide a concise and user friendly search engine is not making the internet a better place. Google died when they sold. This is a company, no different than the ones that were faceless and intrusive whom they sought to counter all those years ago. This company just uses the google logo. Nothing more. Absolutely no connection to the original google, if you ask me.

Google is not your friend. It's the sidewalk that you have to walk on, nothing more, when it was once a grassy path. And every search you do helps make them even more stinking rich.

Sure they have a nice office. They play games in there and wear casual clothes. The boss has a smile. And all that groovy stuff.

Marketing goes a long way these days... but it's all about profit.

and google are certainly not above being disingenuous if it suits them.

Truth be told, I actually trust microsoft more these days, than I do google/facebook/twitter...

Of course it's about profit, like any company. They aren't the bad guys though.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

You do know that it's not actually google that is doing any of that. Right? Aside from the adverts which seem to be getting tediously more excessive, it's up to any copyright holder to be the instigator of denying content to another country.

Blame copyright for that, not google.

I have no idea what it is you're really having a problem with. There are other search engines. Many. Some metacrawlers still exist.. In fact, metacrawler still does. lol well, it's not a patch on what it used to be either.

Google has based it's success on peoples unwillingness to change. Simple.

link   

reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Ha ha that's rich. No, I am merely discussing the amount of resources people have access to. How the internet has been "dumbed down" ...and it's harder and harder to find good information on the internet.

No one wants to see it ...it's quite dumbfounding to me . ,,,or Maybe I'm talking to people quite younger than me .

Everyone has access to more resources than ever before, it grows every day. It's not being dumbed down, it's been made more user friendly but everything is still there. Your problem is you don't know how to find the information you want, you want a mind reading search engine.

link   

They don't like being criticised, I know that first hand.

Luckily I had a spare gmail account.. oO

top topics

<<   2 >>

join