It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube is Down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Wonder if yall heard about whats going on with youtube its complety shut down at the moment either got hacked or the government decided to take it down hope this aint happening! just go to the site www.youtube.com and see for your self!
edit on 3/11/12 by masqua because: Edited All Caps in title

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

I just had problems loading it. I cleared history and cookies and it's working fine now.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
yeah i just saw it now thanks brotha

reply to post by Hefficide

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
loaded instantly

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
seems to work fine for me! someone earlier said face book was down too,but thats ok as well!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss
Wonder if yall heard about whats going on with youtube its complety shut down at the moment either got hacked or the government decided to take it down hope this aint happening! just go to the site www.youtube.com and see for your self!

No, it's not.

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Just like ATS, sometimes they need to "tweak" things.........
Sometimes the fix isnt that fixed.

inShare2 YouTube has launched three new publishing features for content creators, including public videos that don’t notify subscribers, custom thumbnails while the video uploads, and a new tags editor.

YouTube Adds Some Tweaks To The Publishing Interface

edit on 3-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss

Haha bit of an overreaction don't you think?

It was probably just a server hiccup or possibly your end. Youtube won't be hacked and the government won't shut it down.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I have been watching a very... long video for some time now. Nothing wrong here.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It was only down for a few moments...less than 2 minutes.

White screen and the black writing in the top left blabbing about server something or other.

edit on 3-11-2012 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
It was only down for a few moments...less than 2 minutes.

White screen and the black writing in the top left blabbing about server something or other.

edit on 3-11-2012 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

i see a patern here
first we got a Facebook thread saying that the site was down
then we got this Youtube thread
internet seems having some problems today !

hope i never see ATS IS DOWN thread... oh wait

edit on 11/3/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Check your DNS, or just be patient.

You can also read THIS POST which was in response to some panicky hand flapping derp derp derp over Facebook being down for someone.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Not wanting to go panicky handflapping I'd have to say that things are still not right at YT.

I have a couple of videos where I have put restrictions on comments. I have to approve them before they are made public. That feature doesn't work at the moment.

The comments are still coming in, but I can't approve of them (or delete)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Hoh boy oh boy oh boy, I really really hope they're ditching html5. It's the worst thing since internet explorer.

at least on youtube it is. they either don't have a clue what the end result is and are just slapping crap together and saying 'Viola Eh html5 you tubeh!' or it just fails as a frontend to their content.

wouldn't actually be surprised to discover that they purposely make it render faulty on firefox and perfectly on chrome, either.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Actually it's working quite fine.

It never ceases to amuse me how the typical user, rather than thinking it MIGHT BE his or her own PC or network not working correctly, tend to blame the server or the whole internet or - in this case - the government for the outage.

Usually the same people who claim their password is not working, instead of admitting to the possibility of having simply not entered the correct one.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Dear OP
Before making stupid posts on here add this website to your favorites then learn how this website works.
If its down for the whole Internet it will report it as being down, if not its just your Internet.

www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com...

There will be no chance of you thinking a website has been "Hacked or Shut down by the Gov"

Hope you sink in this advice.
edit on 3-11-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Title in all caps too eh.
You couldn't have waited a minute or try something
like google to figure out on how to clear your cache?
Or maybe this would have helped too: linky.

Anything would have been better than another lame
topic on ATS. What a waste of space.

/rant

ps. I'm glad it's working again for all of us!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I haven't been able to log into Youtube. It says, "This service is currently not available." However, I can still visit the site as a non-member.

Anybody else not able to log into their account? I haven't been able to for a couple of hours now. Ordinarily, I wouldn't mind. But at one point I was logged in even though it said, "Try again later" and gave me 505 screen. However, I couldn't log out or use any of the functions! I'm sure it's no big deal.

Plan B. Read a book.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I'm logged in at the moment. So it could be your cookies or your account could be locked?

have you uploaded any videos? copyrighted material could cause your account to be blocked.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Just tried to log in. Same message. I do have uploaded videos but no major copyright violations. I have a video blocked in Germany because it uses Jimi Hendrix music haha. That's about it--so I am in good standing according to youtube.

I did read on their help page that some channels were accidentally blocked and that they will be restored. Hmm..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join