It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was the US Embassy in Libya attacked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why was the Us Embassy in Libya attacked? Does anybody know? I have read many articles on The Embassy attack in Benghazi but am still unclear as to why we were attacked. Is there an official reason coming from the White House or is the official statement that They are still investigating?

edit on 2-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The americans released a prisoner from guantanamo bay a member of al qaeda to the Libyan government . He was the one who staged the whole attack .

This was uploaded to you tube on sept 15

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well since this is a conspiracy Web site I'd have to say that Obama staged it because people we getting wise to his connection with Jeffrey Dahmer who was an actor hired by the Ambrosia Chocolate company to pose as a cannibal killer so no one would object to the factory being torn down and another one built with illegal tax breaks (posted by "manoftruth" on online forums devoted to Rush and Bon Jovi, along with rants on Wicca and Jews; his name might be Mark Zahn, but who knows?).

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hey

Well, one thing I can tell you is everything you've likely heard about Libya is lies.
It was an invasion period.
The US/NATO armed and backed 'rebels' who were not acting on behalf of the regular Libyan people, who by most accounts loved Gaddafi. Prior to this, they had the highest standard of living in all of Africa.

They are now doing/trying the same thing in Syria.

I'll give you a few links to articles/websites to look through.

"The Illegal War on Libya" a book by former US Congress Woman Cynthia McKinney www.claritypress.com...

An article by Cynthia McKinney www.iacenter.org...

Lots of info on this site www.globalresearch.ca...

"Yes, I'm saying it's all lies" an article gagnauga.is...
This one I haven't finished myself. It is an opinion piece, though he does list sources and says he researched for months.

Lizzie Phelan Independent Journalist lizzie-phelan.blogspot.ca...

It's hard to find the truth. It sure isn't in the mainstream media, on TV or in the newspapers. They are all liars, every single one.

Independent journalists are the best, but even then, some of them are following an agenda too.

edit on 2-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The Sun is one of the biggest liars going.
They all lie, but Fox, CNN and The Sun are particularly bad. As are Reuters, the BBC...Really, it's all of them. All liars. Actually, The Sun is owned by Fox, just looked it up, thought I remembered hearing that. Yup.

That might even be true. The US/NATO are in fact working with Al Qaeda. In Libya and Syria and who knows where else...Gaddafi and Assad were saying that from day 1, but were ridiculed and called liars. The fact that the MSM is reporting this now, yet still lying about the big lie that is Libya, gives them no points in my book.

edit on 2-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

That is some pretty heavy reading but what struck me right away was the quote on Clarity Press that I found to be on other sources as well.

“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally
authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an
actual or imminent threat to the nation.”
Candidate Barack Obama, December, 2007

Is this perhaps the reason right here why Benghazi happened the way it did?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well, no, otherwise they wouldn't/couldn't have invaded in the first place.
Yes, as a Senator, he was making a point about constitutional war powers.
As President, apparently he's like, Hahaha, # the constitution!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well, this is what I wrote in an earlier thread about it:

"I think ALL OF IT is deception and misdirection, total mind-# material. Who can keep up, especially as they're all psychopaths and most of us aren't. Every war has been based on lies. We're always told it's for some honorable purpose, some evil leader (who funnily enough they had been allies/in bed with up til then) is suddenly *killing his own people™*. Oh the horror! We need to go in and kill a bunch more of those people in the process of saving them from him! etc etc blah blah. It's ALL LIES; geopolitical maneuvering/resource stealing/war profiteering including rebuilding of said country we just destroyed...A big sick #ing game of Risk, that surely to # isn't in OUR best interests as it only creates more enemies and debt and erosion of credibility. Libya was/is a total lie à la Iraq. Ambassador Stevens was right in the thick of it from day 1, that's a fact. He was there and presumably made contacts and deals with those groups whom they armed and funded. Perhaps he made enemies, (apart from the Gaddafi loyalists), made promises/deals he couldn't keep, perhaps he knew some things they (his bosses) didn't want getting out, etc etc. Or maybe it was the Gaddafi loyalists getting some payback. I think it was done purposely, cutting the security. I don't think it was mismanagement, I think it was deliberate. Someone in a post above said "staked them out like goats"- I think that's exactly what was done. They are using those American deaths to further their agenda, whatever it might be-to justify further military action in the area, garner public outrage, build up more troops, ready to be deployed into Syria maybe(the next big lie) etc etc. I don't think it matters what Obama did or didn't do, said or didn't say- it's all part of a bigger #ed up picture. And that's probably exactly why they're hanging the Libyans on the payroll out to dry, they know things it's dangerous for them to know. As someone above said, it's more about our #ed up foreign policies than any one politician. Anyway, that's my opinion."

But who knows....double crossing and double dealing, y'know?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

It's like this. The ambassador was involved in running guns to the terrorists we are supporting in Syria, similar to how we supported the muslim terrorist takeover in Libya. This was planned by the elite decades ago and the whole Arab spring movement was called in advance by insider Lindsey Williams.

The ambassador is assassinated shortly after meeting with the Turkish ambadassor. The 'safe house' he was holed up in was already being watched by the perp.s with full aid and support of Obama and his cronies. The only conclusion is that Obama and his terrorist buddies targeted the ambassador to clean up a few loose ends with regards to US complicity in arms running to known Al Qaeda terrorists.

There does that clear it up for you? By the way the media had full knowledge of this prior to the election but chose to withhold it. How does that make you feel? Any better?

www.thenewamerican.com...

new topics

top topics

join