It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Blackout' imposed as George W. Bush speaks at Cayman Islands investment conference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well well, I've been wondering what our old pal George W. Bush has been up to latley. It would seem that he's rubbing shoulders with some very wealthy people!

I noticed a new topic about Nacy Pelosi and a fundraising event, so I thought I'd bring this to the attention of ATS users.

GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands -- Organizers of an investment conference in the Cayman Islands have been forbidden from disclosing any details about a speech by former President George W. Bush in the offshore financial haven, an event spokesman said Thursday.

The keynote speech by the former president was "totally closed to all journalists," and conference organizers were banned from discussing any aspect of it even in general terms, spokesman Dan Kneipp said.

"We've got a complete blackout on discussing the Bush details," Kneipp told The Associated Press.

Just who all is attending?

Sponsors of the conference include KPMG, a company that provides tax advisory services, and Deutsche Bank. It costs $4,000 to attend and other speakers include billionaire Richard Branson

And why would they want to hold this event in the Cayman Islands?

Cayman Islands officials are proud of the British territory's role as an offshore finance center. But members of the U.S. Congress and advocates for changes in tax laws have accused corporations and wealthy individuals of using so-called financial havens to improperly avoid taxes.

NBC World News

I'm always concerned when powerful people like this meet in secrecy. This community is usually always interested in secret meetings, such as the Bilderburgers. Something about this smells like financial gentrification, and more marginialization of the working class. "Lets see how much further we can squeeze the little guy!"

Now, Richard Branson seems like a pretty decent guy from all accounts I've read. Having said that, he also cares very much for the fortune he worked hard to create. It wouldn't surprise me if he's interested in new ways to secure his billions.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think we could take this meeting as an omen on our future.

The new world order is alive and well and apparently converging on the Cayman's for a pow wow. The tight lips will eventually spew some details, but for now we will have to speculate.

It may have been an innocent meeting of uber rich elitists, but most likely it was a super secret policy makeover for all of the 1% ers. They may be worried about the upcoming crisis and maybe Georgie has a plan on how they can get richer by playing their cards early.

I am sure he is awarer of the crisis and knows exactly when it will happen and how so maybe he is just playing the "Good Buddy" card for future reference to keep his elitist buddies from going broke?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

I tend to agree.

I think that these uber rich folks realize finally they can't keep marginalizing their profit base forever. Sooner or later no one will have any money to pay for their products/services.

Or, it could be an educational seminar on how to get away with tax evasion, seeing as how it's in the Caymans...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Might we see Mitt Romney there on Wednesday night as the chairman of the board ?

After all he does have a classy residence there.

edit on 2-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I'll tell you what pretty soon people "Catering" to these Elites need to be recording this and broadcast it on Youtube I am tired of the secret hypocrisy! Of course I could just hope they are being catered to like in Fight Club, oh what is that wonderful salty flavoring???

LOL!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I can see it now...

"Come to the beautiful Cayman Islands for a seminar in money laundering, shell companies, tax evasion and corporate fraud! We even have George W. Bush for comic relief!"

In all seriousness I don't see the world population's best interest being discussed. Unfortunatley, the people that have the money, power and influence to really make the world better -- don't.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I wonder if any folks from the Illinois pension fund were there to protect their investments?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Pretty much the whole family is steeped in secrecy and "blackouts" in every aspect of their dealings. If you haven't read the following book, I highly recommend it.

Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty by Russ Baker

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Yep, ole Bush family, all still have active interests and assets in their hip pockets that are inside the NSA, CIA, DoD, etc. etc..

They have used their power like others to create an infrastructure that secures their own futures and continued power or control of certain things in governments, not just in the USA, but in other countries as well...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Maybe he said:
'' we have arranged it so our man gets the top job, which means you make more money! ''

edit on 2-11-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
the people that have the money, power and influence to really make the world better -- don't.

Now now, they do make the world better... for them!

Everything these people do and say is intended to make them richer. They are hoarders of wealth, they will never have enough of it, and in a world with finite resources they had to turn to creating fictional wealth to keep it flowing up to them.

I agree with the sentiment here, there should be no "secret meetings" of these people. If any other group acted in such mysterious ways governments would be investigating them for terrorist activities and criminality.

If this were a religious group, people would be demanding answers. If this were a group of Muslims gathering for a secret conference agencies around the world would be lighting up and the public of numerous nations would be outraged about it.

But these extremely powerful people - some of the most powerful people in the world - gather together for secret meetings and nothing is deemed to be suspicious?!

It's about time people started getting angry about this. I'm sick and tired of the excuses. You know, I saw a Starbucks promotion on Facebook just today, the company that has avoided paying billions in tax in the UK, and people are STILL supporting that company here! They're totally ignorant to how this level of corruption effects them and their own tax bill, or the security of our nation and welfare of its people. It's companies like that which need a damned kicking, and people are still ignoring the corruption because they like their product

As I said, it's about damned time people got angry. I don't care what they do, from boycotts to protests outside these companies offices, the people need to start defending themselves against the vultures instead of allowing them to continue picking the carcass clean.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Better the Cayman Islands than Jekyll island - that just means the rich are out to screw us. The other alternative? The Fed cubed. Third times the charm, eh?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
One can only hope that a test jet has "mechanical" issues while flying "over" the event and there is an unfortunate "accident" that leaves the attendees....

...such a terrible "accident".

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

We dont know!!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'll summarize the meeting for you via guesstimation...Said in the voice of George W. "Folks, there ain't no question, the BLEEP is about ta hit the fanz. Here's what we propose and suggest (which will also make me a tidy little side-stream of mula...oh was that mic on? Thought I was just rehearsing in ma head) This is how'll we'll manage it and what you can look forward ta in these soon to be troubled times as special guests...Stats about money, finances and methods of protecting wealth, growing wealth, and syphoning off wealth, homely story about vacationing, etc."
edit on 3-11-2012 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Negativity

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I know Dan and I know that if I showed him this website and this thread, he would be laughing his head off... I also talked to Richard today, but not about some secret events in the future. It's funny how deep conspiracy theories can suck people in!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
So George W. Bush will speak at a Cayman Islands investment conference but he didn't speak at the RNC and this guy was president for 8 years!!! SMH

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This recent video is a humorous revelation, and though not explosively indicting, will give perspective when considered in the larger picture!

It was brought to my attention from The Yes Men, and is an independent project...following the 1st video are two debriefing video explanations~Enjoy!

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

That's a good idea, but, I've worked some private corporate events as a camera operator before and even then it was tough to get past security with anything at all. Not that I tried, these events were just corporate meetings that meant nothing to me but a check, however, they checked me out pretty good and held all cell phones at the desk.
I'm sure someone could do it though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join